Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: bartley residences

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    But the water will eventually flow into our homes.

i was wondering, at 12xxpsf leasehold prop still got upside or not?
    the upside is taken by the developer already....

Quote Originally Posted by b13boy
    In the short term, nobody knows for sure, depending on the international economic landscape. Anyway, for the long term, prices will still rise. With recent CMs, short term view is no longer logical. Like HDB, must have at least 4 to 5 years view. Stretch that longer to 10 years and I suspect you will see upside le...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    But the water will eventually flow into our homes.
    You are already drinking Newater so you should be immune to recycled human waste.

In any case, unless you have a garden unit, you won't be at risk of this water flowing in.

Should worry more about the spirits flowing in than the water flowing in (or did I miss the point and actually the "water" is referring to the spirits?)

Quote Originally Posted by b13boy
    Went to the show flat. Was extremely diasppointed with Hong Leong and CDL gang....a real bunch of blood suckers....no difference from Far East. Heard on radio advertisment that says very well utilisation of space and thus still look spacious. The common bedrooms sizes actually very small....even if you try pushing bed to wall to try squeeze 2 beds, still a tough fit. In addition, ceiling height only 2.8m....at least Far East projects has higher ceiling height. 100sqm for 3 bedders....n 1250psf. Even more disgusting is that Kwek keep telling the media he got a strong balance sheet and will not lower price. Think the general public should seriously give other property developers a second look and stay away from Hong Leong and Far East. Say no to exorbitant pricing and product.

In my earlier post i had already mention abt the small room sizes by reading the floor plans - i will not touch this project - went to have a look at Archipelago - the layout much better with all rooms able to fit in 2 single or 1 queen and in mbr king bed. new mrt stn coming up abt 5 to 10 min walk - so seems a better deal as prices on avg 1k psf and with many nearby amentities

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Went to the show flat. Was extremely diasppointed with Hong Leong and CDL gang....a real bunch of blood suckers....no difference from Far East. Heard on radio advertisment that says very well utilisation of space and thus still look spacious. The common bedrooms sizes actually very small....even if you try pushing bed to wall to try squeeze 2 beds, still a tough fit. In addition, ceiling height only 2.8m....at least Far East projects has higher ceiling height. 100sqm for 3 bedders....n 1250psf. Even more disgusting is that Kwek keep telling the media he got a strong balance sheet and will not lower price. Think the general public should seriously give other property developers a second look and stay away from Hong Leong and Far East. Say no to exorbitant pricing and product.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Does developer provide dimensions of the unit? I know HDB does.

Default From BT today

As evidence that the mass residential market is still buoyant, Bartley Residences, located next to Bartley MRT Station, sold 210 units out of the 240 units released to date.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Bartley Residences's ads on Straits times is a complete failure?

Doesnt show or illustrate anything on the project other than a school boy taking the circle line which takes up half a page.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Bartley Residences's ads on Straits times is a complete failure?

Doesnt show or illustrate anything on the project other than a school boy taking the circle line which takes up half a page.
    The TV advert is even more hilarious... the boy grew up with that iconic tree and draws a pix of it... wow... how is that enticing to people who don't understand or even appreciate the significance of that tree?

But it still sell like hot cake leh. In the end, near MRT sells lah. People don't even care if the ads are bad. They just want near MRT, period!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why I still can't see dimensions on the new launch's floor plans?
    I thought it is already mandatory or when start to be mandatory?
    In fact, some of the old condos floor plans got size in "sqm" or "sqft" shown for every bedrooms, living+dinning room, kitchen, yard size etc!

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    Does developer provide dimensions of the unit? I know HDB does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    But it still sell like hot cake leh. In the end, near MRT sells lah. People don't even care if the ads are bad. They just want near MRT, period!
    It is not exactly selling like hot cakes lar. All those who've been to the show flat will know that the "250 launched" units is just to make it sound nice on the papers. They have already released all units since day 1 of the pre-launch. You are able to choose from any units in the entire development.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The TV advert is even more hilarious... the boy grew up with that iconic tree and draws a pix of it... wow... how is that enticing to people who don't understand or even appreciate the significance of that tree?
    hahaha! Yes! Doesn't even show the landscaping, number of blocks/units/size or anything else. Maybe the School boy's Hong Leong's son

precisely. URA said long ago new showflat rules, new floor plan rules by H2 2011. almost a year has passed since then! dunno why is it so difficult to come out with some simple transparency!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why I still can't see dimensions on the new launch's floor plans?
    I thought it is already mandatory or when start to be mandatory?
    In fact, some of the old condos floor plans got size in "sqm" or "sqft" shown for every bedrooms, living+dinning room, kitchen, yard size etc!

See, that is the problem. They the govt agencies always come out with some rules & regulations but nobody follow and they don't care!
    The so-called "transparency" will open the eyes of many people who got cash and choice between new launch and resale condos! Developers very scared! Otherwise how to draw floor plans with "shrunk" size Queen size beds (you saw those bedrooms with a bed and 2 pillows? You thought wow so nice, can accomodate a Queen size bed but little did they know that is really a size smaller than a "double-single" bed!) Even a "single" size bed also can be shrunk! Built over bay-windows in show-flats!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    precisely. URA said long ago new showflat rules, new floor plan rules by H2 2011. almost a year has passed since then! dunno why is it so difficult to come out with some simple transparency!

problem is, the rules are not even laid out yet! they only said look into it and will try to implement in H2 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    See, that is the problem. They the govt agencies always come out with some rules & regulations but nobody follow and they don't care!
    The so-called "transparency" will open the eyes of many people who got cash and choice between new launch and resale condos! Developers very scared! Otherwise how to draw floor plans with "shrunk" size Queen size beds (you saw those bedrooms with a bed and 2 pillows? You thought wow so nice, can accomodate a Queen size bed but little did they know that is really a size smaller than a "double-single" bed!) Even a "single" size bed also can be shrunk! Built over bay-windows in show-flats!

i had visited the show flat... but it is not for me.

Developers are hiding their many undesirable factors of this project such as small sized rooms, congestion and high psf, behind all the advertisement plus hype about this project from media, etc. As I always advocate, better to consider the landed or FH condos nearby... then again this project might appeal to some people coz of proximity to MRT...

H2 2011 is long over?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    problem is, the rules are not even laid out yet! they only said look into it and will try to implement in H2 2011.

174 sold in feb at 1260psf median.

Heard that 200 units sold todate. Not very impressive. So what went wrong?

First few new condos in that area and near mrt?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot
    Heard that 200 units sold todate. Not very impressive. So what went wrong?

Shows that people not only go for Condos with MRT. malls within the vicinity are also important. Nearest for bartley will be Nex. Condos around potong pasir and woodleigh did better perhaps cause the North East line serves more people ? 8 mins to orchard is another bonus

I personally think the Bartley Residences pricing is too high.

Guess that all the better units / more affordable units have been taken up - rest of the units likely to take some time to sell given the many competing projects being offered around the same time and new ones to be launched.

I would have thought that this would be a sell out too given the MRT location. Is this the start of a softening market where even MRT located projects are not necessarily a sell out?

Or people would rather go for cheaper alternatives such as minton when the price gap becomes too far apart i.e. buyers resistance settling in?

wonder how are they going to sell? Lower price possible?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot
    wonder how are they going to sell? Lower price possible?
    Someone mentioned patience. Maybe when people see that Sky Highbitat price, then this one will be cheap and all flock back again..

There are hardly any amenities. If you are hungry at night, you can only suck thumb. At $1200 psf this performance is not too bad because there are quite a lot of big units.

never see any more of their advertisement in the papers after the launch.