Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Indicative price from agent:

1 br = 609k
    2 br = 964k
    2+s = 1043k
    3 br = 1199k
    3+s = 1384k
    4 br = 1648k

Unbelievable, it's more expensive than WT VVpreview prices.
    Supposed the prices quoted is before discount.

1 br = 609k
    2 br = 964k
    2+s = 1043k
    3 br = 1199k
    3+s = 1384k
    4 br = 1648k

bro, bartley is a good area la...

cannot compare to inflated area like WT@Punggol..

Does it include 18% discount? Seems to be around $1000psf for the 2 bedder. This is in the landed property area.

1 br = 609k
    2 br = 964k
    2+s = 1043k
    3 br = 1199k
    3+s = 1384k
    4 br = 1648k

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be a range of entertainment amenities such as malls, etc. This is what I call great potential. I will grab if it is less than $1000 psf.

Hi, i am missing this. cant find any info online - can you post some links on this?Am vested somewhere near so keen to know the development masterplan

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Hi, i am missing this. cant find any info online - can you post some links on this?Am vested somewhere near so keen to know the development masterplan
    http://bartleyresidencescondo.net/project-details/

1 br = 609k
    2 br = 964k
    2+s = 1043k
    3 br = 1199k
    3+s = 1384k
    4 br = 1648k

$1.6mil for a 4 bedders.. think the 99y LH landed units are going for bewteen $1.8mil to $2mil and those come with parking lots, no maintenance fee plus much larger spaces, minus gym and swimming pools. And can have immediate move-in... Or the FH condos nearby also going for about $1.5 to $1.6mil for a 3 bedder. Hmmm... What is your preference?

the 609k 1br is only 4XXsqft ... the design is terrible, like a prison cell sandwiched left / right
    Ride at your own risk !!!

plus name of project reminds of barley ... imagine barley residence. so cooling. weather so hot cm no enough so this is best cooling effect...

Should just name it Bodhitree ... so simple yet the company has no brain
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Should just name it Bodhitree ... so simple yet the company has no brain
    treetown lor. since got treehouse and treescape liao. lol

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I look at it the other way:
    "Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be massive construction for the next 20 years! There will no peace for residents/tenants there! Worse still, there will be endless supply of new properties! Too much empty land to ensure too much supply of properties! Don't know when the resale then can have market? (since all properties after holding for 4 years SSD become resale!). I will rather wait until there is very little empty land and I will not buy even if 20% below current market price! "

Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be a range of entertainment amenities such as malls, etc. This is what I call great potential. I will grab if it is less than $1000 psf.

Too much negative comments about this project from the owners' perspective but for rental yield and investment perspective, it may still be a decent project...

Another reason to despice such project! Look at the 2 floor plans:
    1) Bartley Residences 3BR of 1087 sqft
    2) 3 BR old condo of 1150 sqft

A) Look at the super big size balconies + air-cond ledges!

B) Look at the Master Bedroom size! The old condo has size labelled at 16 sqm or 172 sqft! Bartley Residence don't even dare to label size (I thought BCA/URA already legislate that they must label the sizes of the rooms etc?) but even when they scale the Queen size bed smaller, you can see there are barely space to put extra study table & massage chair etc in there!

C) Look at the 2 other bedrooms. Bartley Residences 2 bedrooms can't even put a Queen size bed and can't even put any additional study table other than the single bed!
    Can you see that the old condo smaller bedrooms labeled 9 sqm or 97 sqft can even squeeze in Queen-size bed and still got space for a study table & wardrobe? So can you imagine how small the 2 smaller bedrooms of Bartley Residences are? I guess they are only 2.5m x 2.5m or 6.25 sqm or 70 sqft inclusive of built-in ward-robe?

D) Look at the pathetic size living + dinning room area!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    "Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be massive construction for the next 20 years! There will no peace for residents/tenants there! Worse still, there will be endless supply of new properties! Too much empty land to ensure too much supply of properties! Don't know when the resale then can have market? (since all properties after holding for 4 years SSD become resale!). I will rather wait until there is very little empty land and I will not buy even if 20% below current market price! "

Rental yield - How can be good with massive construction all around for next 15 years? Own stay may be?

Investment perspective - How to have big gain for your property with massive oversupply of new launch all around?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Too much negative comments about this project from the owners' perspective but for rental yield and investment perspective, it may still be a decent project...

It usually goes down to the design of the layout. Apparently the developers are trying to squeeze buyers by maximizing personal profits at the expense of unassuming buyers. Those huge balconies are clear indications of such exploitations!

Not stating the floor areas of the bedrooms are pretty standard today though so no complaints about that.

Rental yield - How can be good with massive construction all around for next 15 years? Own stay may be?

Investment perspective - How to have big gain for your property with massive oversupply of new launch all around?
    Unassuming tenants will see the value of having MRT right at their doorsteps therefore they'll sign on the dotted lines quickly, even at a higher premium, disregarding the massive constructions further down the road.

Also, if these other properties that are springing up are built by developers who bought the land parcels at record high prices, the property prices of that area will inevitably appreciate in no time. This works perfectly well for current property owners in that area. Then again these are assumptions!

One thing I've learnt though is this that Singapore property buyers seemingly have deeper pockets than many expect. We buy houses as a form of hobby! As such, I'm quite convinced that at the rate the govt is churning out properties, even with BTOs, demands can still persist for the next few years, provided the Euro and US are doing decently.

Bidadari will be a HDB new town. http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Tengah...ure+New+Towns/

If anything, there will be more demand for private housing in Kovan/Serangoon/Potong Pasir area from Bidadari HDB upgraders. Whether it's 10 years or 20 years down the road is debatable.

I am inclined to agree with you.
    In 2010 I was looking for a replacement property when I saw an aptm on How Sun. I didn't pursue coz I saw lots of land available for development across the main road.

Not much amentities there too at this point ...just Bartley MRT.

this layout of new project - 3 bedder much better with king bed in master and minimum queen bed in the other 2 rooms

http://www.archipelago.sg/plan.php

just comparing floor plans only - not projects

$1.6mil for a 4 bedders.. think the 99y LH landed units are going for bewteen $1.8mil to $2mil and those come with parking lots, no maintenance fee plus much larger spaces, minus gym and swimming pools. And can have immediate move-in... Or the FH condos nearby also going for about $1.5 to $1.6mil for a 3 bedder. Hmmm... What is your preference?
    Well said, better buy landed area there, FH somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-how-sun-park

The quoted price should be before the 18% discount for VVIP. Most new condo has large balcony and a few AC ledges. Fortunately, this site is not on Bidadiri side and this will not be developed so soon. They will develop Tengah first as this site is nearer to city. Land price will go up and $ will get smaller with time. Will you invest places that are saturated and far away or one that is near the planned housing site?

yes. then the $ quantum becomes big. hmm actually not that much different. but i m not sure why cdl has been doing these 3 bedders (since hundred trees) which can only fit single beds in the other 2 bedrooms. did they do and study and found that these is preferred?!

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    this layout of new project - 3 bedder much better with king bed in master and minimum queen bed in the other 2 rooms

Last edited by bargain hunter; 06-02-12 at 14:13.

Did you see the floor finishes? It is in original condition with mosaic tiles. Landed is good for own stay not for rental as yield will be rather poor. You will need to spend at least $500k for A&A. Good luck if you are staying next to a Reconstruction or A&A site.
    Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Well said, better buy landed area there, FH somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-how-sun-park

Did you see the floor finishes? It is in original condition with mosaic tiles. Landed is good for own stay not for rental as yield will be rather poor. You will need to spend at least $500k for A&A. Good luck if you are staying next to a Reconstruction or A&A site.
    A $500k A&A is as good as complete overhaul. Quite an extensive renovation or should I say reconstruction. Well, this unit should not require that sort of renovation though.

A&A means extend outwards and backwards and build an attic without demolishing the existing structure. This price used quality finishing materials. Reconstruction includes the demolition of the existing structure, piling, new foundation, increase the floor-to-ceiling height and build up to three storeys.
    A $500k A&A is as good as complete overhaul. Quite an extensive renovation or should I say reconstruction. Well, this unit should not require that sort of renovation though.

Looks only slightly better than Bartley Residences, but just as bad with that >10% balcony size? Is it just my judgement mistake or really the 2 balconies seem to add up to about 15%?

Quote Originally Posted by ppty

Balcony area of two bedders is slightly better.
    Looks only slightly better than Bartley Residences, but just as bad with that >10% balcony size? Is it just my judgement mistake or really the 2 balconies seem to add up to about 15%?

Bartley Residences - Indicative Price Range

12% Standard Discount
    + 3% Early Bird Discount
    + 3% Stamp Duty Discount
    = 18% Direct Discount

Additional 2% District Discount (if applicable)

Free Fridge, Washer, Dryer.

Is the price before or after the discount?

If the 1 bedder 609k + 20% discount = 487k! Can snap!