Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: bartley residences

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Things will be clearer this weekend... $12xx psf is slightly on the high side. I am still for the idea of buying the nearby landed at slightly higher price only or the older FH PC in that vicinity at much lower psf...
    Initially I tot it is quite a good project... but after a while, it think it is not as good as I initially tot (for the price of $1.2-1.3k psf)... maris stella, mrt good points... but [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']crematorium nearby and cedar girls more than 1km away?[/FONT]

Found 2 rare photos of the area in the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Wow! I think we have a lot in common.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

These photos really looked impressive for a 1960s' quality... deep coloured and stuff... well done... cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    Initially I tot it is quite a good project... but after a while, it think it is not as good as I initially tot (for the price of $1.2-1.3k psf)... maris stella, mrt good points... but [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']crematorium nearby and cedar girls more than 1km away?[/FONT]

Frankly for 1200psf I will buy resale with better location

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Frankly for 1200psf I will buy resale with better location
    Which area do you think has good resales deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Which area do you think has good resales deal?
    i think 1200psf+ you can get Goldenhill Park condo, 20m from lorong chuan mrt, freehold somemore...location also sama sama, no amenities though but 1 stop away from bishan n serangoon
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    Initially I tot it is quite a good project... but after a while, it think it is not as good as I initially tot (for the price of $1.2-1.3k psf)... maris stella, mrt good points... but [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']crematorium nearby and cedar girls more than 1km away?[/font]
    Cedar girls is a secondary school. Proximity to the sch does not count for entry. It is based on PSLE results.

Check if Paya Lebar MGS is within 1km or not. That has a Pri sch and proximity can be an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Cedar girls is a secondary school. Proximity to the sch does not count for entry. It is based on PSLE results.

Check if Paya Lebar MGS is within 1km or not. That has a Pri sch and proximity can be an advantage.
    Should be beyond 1 km from paya lebar mgs. boys can go to maris stella and they gifted program. Girls will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry

There is a Cedar Primary just next to Cedar girls sec.
    The primary is a mixed school.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Should be beyond 1 km from paya lebar mgs. boys can go to maris stella and they gifted program. Girls will be a problem.

Maris Stella does not have gifted GEP classes.

Was it a SAP school before?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Maris Stella does not have gifted GEP classes.

Not a good idea. Go and do some research on this mixed school first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    There is a Cedar Primary just next to Cedar girls sec.
    The primary is a mixed school.

Just checked that PLMGPS is within 1 km from Bartley Residences! Even SPCA across the road is within 1 km from PLMGPS.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...40740,00.html?

Published February 22, 2012

Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

Up to 20% discount dished out for the 120 units released

By MINDY TAN

HONG Leong Group yesterday sold 65 units at Bartley Residences at an average price of $1,240 per square foot after a discount of up to 20 per cent.

During yesterday's preview, it released 120 units in the 702-unit, 99-year leasehold private condo next to Bartley MRT Station. According to Hong Leong, 90 per cent of the buyers at yesterday's preview were Singaporeans and permanent residents.

The absolute price of a one-bedroom unit ranges from approximately $610,000 to $670,000; a two-bedroom unit ranges from $970,000 to $1.1 million; a three-bedroom unit is between $1.2 million and $1.4 million; a four-bedroom ranges from approximately $1.65 million to $1.9 million; and a dual-key unit ranges from around $1.8 million to $2.1 million.

The average price psf of $1,240 is after absorption of 18 per cent (including the standard 3 per cent buyer's stamp duty discount, and 3 per cent early bird discount), and an additional 2 per cent district discount.

Said HSR Property Group's special adviser, Donald Han: 'The figures are encouraging because the launch is in the middle of the week. I sense this development will gather pace towards the end of the week, and that might give a truer reflection ... The developers may have launched it (on Tuesday) more to get a sense of ground sentiment.'

Added Lee Sze Teck, senior manager at DWG Research and Consultancy: 'At $1,240, the developer is aware of market conditions and is clearly pricing the project at the right level.'

The project - developed by Bartley Development, a joint venture between Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments, and TID Residential - is located next to Bartley MRT Station, and offers a range of unit types, from one-bedroom units (463 sq ft) to four-bedroom units (1,345-1,377 sq ft), and dual key units (1,603 sq ft).

In January, the consortium won a 99-year leasehold private condominium housing plot at Mount Vernon Road. Their bid came in at $388.1 million, or $495 per square foot per plot ratio.

'They're certainly in a good position to (capitalise) that segment of the market ... (There are) not many new residential projects being launched in the area, so I would expect pent-up demand coming in from potential upgraders from the vicinity,' said HSR's Mr Han.

Last month, the 992-unit, mixed-use development, Watertown, which is located in Punggol Central, saw more than 160 of the 250 units released during its preview snapped up. The 689-unit, 99-year condominium Parc Rosewood, in Woodlands sold 165 of the 236 units up for grabs during its preview launch.

That is why I told the agent earlier to sell the proximity to the SAP school. It is easier to go to Maris Stella High School with the affiliation.
    But the secondary school is considered a Band 3 school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maris_Stella_High_School

That is why I told the agent earlier to sell the proximity to the SAP school. It is easier to go to Maris Stella High School with the affiliation.
    It doesn't pay to be nice... I once told an agent who advertised a condo wrongly. She printed the condo is near AYE when it is in D19. Then I told that same agent to add that the condo is near this other primary school within 1 km. She totally ignored my efforts to assist her.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    It doesn't pay to be nice... I once told an agent who advertised a condo wrongly. She printed the condo is near AYE when it is in D19. Then I told that same agent to add that the condo is near this other primary school within 1 km. She totally ignored my efforts to assist her.
    She think you are just simply KPO

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

Quite okay for most people. Results improving each year. All Express classes only. For 2011 'O' levels, 100% qualified for JC or Poly. 94.4% qualified for JC.

not everyone takes Chinese as first language.
    even in their primary school, after P4, only selected ones continue with higher chiinese.

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    She think you are just simply KPO
    Yup... me indeed kpo for her good but she rejected it... LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Quite okay for most people. Results improving each year. All Express classes only. For 2011 'O' levels, 100% qualified for JC or Poly. 94.4% qualified for JC.
    Wow that's rather impressive!

Wow that's rather impressive!
    Is living near good schools that important dear bros and sis? Maybe something I should consider too when i get married.

will its proximity to a SAP school, Maris Stella, be appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Is living near good schools that important dear bros and sis? Maybe something I should consider too when i get married.
    Yes, especially good primary schools.
    Cos there is priority for your kids (if you have them in future).
    Also people who aspire to send their kids to the school near your unit may express an interest in it.

Yes, especially good primary schools.
    Cos there is priority for your kids (if you have them in future).
    Also people who aspire to send their kids to the school near your unit may express an interest in it.
    Wow really? so if a good school decides to move near your condo prices will shoot up? No wonder D15 always use Tao Nan as a selling point. So what's near? Radius of 1-2km?

Wow really? so if a good school decides to move near your condo prices will shoot up? No wonder D15 always use Tao Nan as a selling point. So what's near? Radius of 1-2km?
    Within each phase (except phase 1), the priority is within 1 km followed by 1-2 km.

must be under 1km