Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: bartley residences

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Is living near good schools that important dear bros and sis? Maybe something I should consider too when i get married.
    Every parent naturally wants their kids to study in a school they think is good for their kid. Then again what is good? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have negative influences? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have lousy teachers? Well, the answer is we'll never know but at least we try to give the child our best effort to enroll him/her in the best we can find.

Here, I do have another thought. I'd rather enroll my child in a school which is good but may not be the best. The pressure of studying in a top school can be overwhelming for a young child. Some kids have the cognitive ability to manage the rigor of studies but simply lack the maturity to manage the stress that comes along. Therefore that child might not perform to his/her optimum in that stressful environment although it is the top school. Just my 2 cents worth...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Within each phase (except phase 1), the priority is within 1 km followed by 1-2 km.
    wow. alright will keep that in mind thanks!

Within each phase (except phase 1), the priority is within 1 km followed by 1-2 km.
    Schools will first select students within 1 km. if still have vacancies, then they'll look at those between 1km and 2km.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Every parent naturally wants their kids to study in a school they think is good for their kid. Then again what is good? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have negative influences? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have lousy teachers? Well, the answer is we'll never know but at least we try to give the child our best effort to enroll him/her in the best we can find.

Here, I do have another thought. I'd rather enroll my child in a school which is good but may not be the best. The pressure of studying in a top school can be overwhelming for a young child. Some kids have the cognitive ability to manage the rigor of studies but simply lack the maturity to manage the stress that comes along. Therefore that child might not perform to his/her optimum in that stressful environment although it is the top school. Just my 2 cents worth...
    Doesnt being in the alumni helps? Or must it be alumni + proximity to school as well?

Those many many new projects in punggol and sengkang, are there good schools around there? Where are the young couple kids gonna study?

Doesnt being in the alumni helps? Or must it be alumni + proximity to school as well?

Those many many new projects in punggol and sengkang, are there good schools around there? Where are the young couple kids gonna study?
    study neighborhood schools lor.....

unless u die die wana ur kids to become scholars one day....den must hf a gd primary sch to kick start

Being an alumni helps definitely. Its in the earlier phase and so far, haven't heard of anyone who cannot get in through being an alumni. Maybe others can shed light on this...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    study neighborhood schools lor.....

unless u die die wana ur kids to become scholars one day....den must hf a gd primary sch to kick start
    hahaa maybe stay in Punggol but buy a MM near good school

Alumni qualify you in Phase 2A if you have joined the alumni 1 year before registration. So within this phase, priority is given to those living within 1 km then 1-2 km and then the rest.
    But usually alumni members almost always guaranteed a place cos how many members will have primary one child enrolling at the same time.

However, MOE may be reconsidering Alumini priority thing. Not sure, heard it on the news.

Being an alumni helps definitely. Its in the earlier phase and so far, haven't heard of anyone who cannot get in through being an alumni. Maybe others can shed light on this...
    Haha! Being an old boy from an all boys school who isnt active in alumni matters does that help?

Alumni qualify you in Phase 2A if you have joined the alumni 1 year before registration. So within this phase, priority is given to those living within 1 km then 1-2 km and then the rest.
    But usually alumni members almost always guaranteed a place cos how many members will have primary one child enrolling at the same time.

However, MOE may be reconsidering Alumini priority thing. Not sure, heard it on the news.
    Aren't you an alumni by status and not by registration?

Haha! Being an old boy from an all boys school who isnt active in alumni matters does that help?
    If need to be so active, then its simply a nice work for parent volunteer... Lol!

If need to be so active, then its simply a nice work for parent volunteer... Lol!
    lol! these days does $ donation still help? i remember dads trying to pay schools like ACSI, RI etc for a spot

Aren't you an alumni by status and not by registration?
    Some schools did not have alumni association until recently.
    So the old boys and girls have to register.

Alumini member is Phase 2A(1).
    Parent volunteer is Phase 2B.

Alumini member almost never have to ballot. Almost confirm can get in.
    Phase 2B in popular school, most of the time have to ballot.... no guarantee one.

Alumini member is Phase 2A(1).
    Parent volunteer is Phase 2B.

Alumini member almost never have to ballot. Almost confirm can get in.
    Phase 2B in popular school, most of the time have to ballot.... no guarantee one.
    Thx for your confirmation... alumni members don't need to be active lah and can almost guarantee a place... hahaha... if not no difference from Phase 2B. Lol!

For information on phases can go to MOE website.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admi...ration/phases/

Thx for your confirmation... alumni members don't need to be active lah and can almost guarantee a place... hahaha... if not no difference from Phase 2B. Lol!
    Yup, alumni members just get registered at least 1 year prior to child's application, then can already.

Yup, alumni members just get registered at least 1 year prior to child's application, then can already.

Wow buttercarp ur children must be all in good schs

lol! these days does $ donation still help? i remember dads trying to pay schools like ACSI, RI etc for a spot
    Donation allowed for Pri 1 reg in S'pore? Would be surprised if it is unless it is a multimillion donation and the sch names a building after donor.

Heard famous celebrities also have to do voluntary work to get their kids into branded schools.

Wow buttercarp ur children must be all in good schs
    No lah....
    Just a relatively "branded" school in a neighbourhood cos my hubby was an old boy.
    Btw.... we shifted just for their education .

No lah....
    Just a relatively "branded" school in a neighbourhood cos my hubby was an old boy.
    Good for u... my wife's got to do PV...

No lah....
    mind sharing which sch is that? SAS?

mind sharing which sch is that? SAS?
    LOL.....
    Btw, I don't live in Woodlands so cannot be SAS.
    SAS no need to ballot, right?

And.....my kids completed their primary school education so we moving on to another place soon in preparation for their future higher education!

LOL.....
    Btw, I don't live in Woodlands so cannot be SAS.
    SAS no need to ballot, right?

And.....my kids completed their primary school education so we moving on to another place soon in preparation for their future higher education!
    Wow! move for the sake of children's education. SAS = St Andrews.

So are you a parent who's pro JC or poly?

Wow! move for the sake of children's education. SAS = St Andrews.

So are you a parent who's pro JC or poly?
    LOL.... i tot SAS = singapore american school.

JC or poly.... the choice is theirs.
    I hope they can get into NUS in future.
    Cheaper and more convenient.

alamak this becomes kiasu parent thread.
    price u r so young.... let me summarize this for you: it's ONLY relevant when your registration address (i.e. ur IC address) is within 1km of the school. All the other connections i.e. alumni / church / grassroot / parent volunteer / etc are always subject to MOE review. As of now MOE is reviewing "inactive alumni members", next probably will be "inactive grassroot leader" etc.
    and regardless of what you think "whether it's good to send kid to branded school", as far as property market is concerned, pty within 1km of a top school always has the support of kiasu parents. so you can almost say there is a "floor" for the price. definitely a factor worth considering when choosing your next pty.

now to the more interesting stuff: how is this selling ? 65 only ??

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    price u r so young.... let me summarize this for you: it's ONLY relevant when your registration address (i.e. ur IC address) is within 1km of the school. All the other connections i.e. alumni / church / grassroot / parent volunteer / etc are always subject to MOE review. As of now MOE is reviewing "inactive alumni members", next probably will be "inactive grassroot leader" etc.
    and regardless of what you think "whether it's good to send kid to branded school", as far as property market is concerned, pty within 1km of a top school always has the support of kiasu parents. so you can almost say there is a "floor" for the price. definitely a factor worth considering when choosing your next pty.

HAAA. kiasu parent thread

I'm a kiasu singaporean / parent to be in 5-10 years time! relevant to me!

65 is based on Sat's sales... I'm sure its much more than that by Sun night... Even the project at Lim Tua Tow is hitting 3 digits sales volume.

My parents never move for me and just enrol me in nearby neighbourhood school i still got 263 for PSLE and was neck and neck with the top gal in school... Lose to gal... Sian :s
    It shows that dont mean you enrol in top school you will do great and in so so school you do shit la...