Default >5 /10 yr old project prices go down faster

any1 had such condo n sold during downturn
    why? more new projects 2 choose

prices shld b lower by 20% /30%?

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$

are u considering or interested to buy resale at this moment? i guess from the way the quesiton is being asked..

if it is a FH status, i generally do not see why older projects will suffer a greater correction during a downturn. Cannot say the same for 99LH

depends on location, location, location

My mother's 30+yr old 5-rm hdb flat can sell for $800k, px keep going up, same for my 4rm hdb flat. As for 99yr pc, the ocr one I have has seen capital appreciation of about 20% since I bought in december 2010 & has not seen a drop so far. My rcr and ccr ptys are freehold so out of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    are u considering or interested to buy resale at this moment? i guess from the way the quesiton is being asked..

No. Old project many problems. Piping water n electric

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    My mother's 30+yr old 5-rm hdb flat can sell for $800k, px keep going up, same for my 4rm hdb flat. As for 99yr pc, the ocr one I have has seen capital appreciation of about 20% since I bought in december 2010 & has not seen a drop so far. My rcr and ccr ptys are freehold so out of the discussion.

U no sell. Try sell now.
    Last time any property uncle or grandmother buy oredi appreciated
    Talking abt NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Everywhere oso got mrt. Wht d diff
    Singapore how big? old is old
    U want 2 rent new or old? Now which 1 can sell side by side 1 new 1 old
    No demand price drop faster

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    if it is a FH status, i generally do not see why older projects will suffer a greater correction during a downturn. Cannot say the same for 99LH
    Now toking new n old. Out of topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    as well on amenities, accessibilities..

Now toking new n old. Out of topic.
    I am refering to old fh and new fh. Why would a older fh suffer a greater depreciation den new fh ones?

There is already a price difference of 20% generally for new and old properties within the same vicinity.

my latest ocr pc purchase as mentioned was in 2010 and increased about 20%. The resale hdb and my other condos were bought just 5-6 years ago, not during my grandmother's era.

U no sell. Try sell now.
    Last time any property uncle or grandmother buy oredi appreciated
    Talking abt NOW.

my latest ocr pc purchase as mentioned was in 2010 and increased about 20%. The resale hdb and my other condos were bought just 5-6 years ago, not during my grandmother's era.
    Good that you got a cash cow back...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I am refering to old fh and new fh. Why would a older fh suffer a greater depreciation den new fh ones?

There is already a price difference of 20% generally for new and old properties within the same vicinity.
    Demand......here ppl prefer newer projects.
    Old projects hence sharper drop or lesser transactions

Still hldg? Gd if u cash out
    If not Try selling at ur paper gain price.

No. Old project many problems. Piping water n electric
    want to buy must also weigh as many factors as possible besides problem u mentioned...the older it is the more difficult to let go as resale esp LH...

1 project east coast .....rhu
    Aircon pipe under flr. Change new aircon unit still nt cold
    Pipe stuck. Hack whole flr.

I am buying it to rent, not interested to sell. I do not understand why ppl keep saying a ten year old condo is old when buildings are built to last much longer. Imo, if you can buy a three bedr with more than 80yr remaining at $8xxk and get 4.5% yield, it is a great deal. After paying off your unit fully from rental income after a period of time, the remaining 50-60 years remaining on the lease is yours for free. You can continue renting to collect passive income or when the place goes en bloc, you stand to gain a tidy sum. Fh or 99yr, the investment concept is different. 99yr condos are usually situated in locations with more amenities and fetching better rental returns with lower capital outlay. Compare regent heights 3 bedr and hillington green 3 bedr, both fetching same rental of $3k plus, but hillington 3 bedr going for $1.3 million while regent heights only for $8xxk - $9xxk in this market. The extra that you fork out for 999yr and fh in hillview actually brings you back to square one. I personally would save the extra $300-400k and put a down payment on another property than tie it up in a single property in hillview. With my mixed portfolio of fh n lh ptys n hdb, I am doing fine so far. I never believe in stretching too much in a single pty and I think it is really stupid to do that. I am the sort of investor that would split up $2 million to buy two to three ptys then dump all that money in one pty.
    Still hldg? Gd if u cash out
    If not Try selling at ur paper gain price.

I am buying it to rent, not interested to sell. I do not understand why ppl keep saying a ten year old condo is old when buildings are built to last much longer. Imo, if you can buy a three bedr with more than 80yr remaining at $8xxk and get 4.5% yield, it is a great deal. After paying off your unit fully from rental income after a period of time, the remaining 50-60 years remaining on the lease is yours for free. You can continue renting to collect passive income or when the place goes en bloc, you stand to gain a tidy sum. Fh or 99yr, the investment concept is different. 99yr condos are usually situated in locations with more amenities and fetching better rental returns with lower capital outlay. Compare regent heights 3 bedr and hillington green 3 bedr, both fetching same rental of $3k plus, but hillington 3 bedr going for $1.3 million while regent heights only for $8xxk - $9xxk in this market. The extra that you fork out for 999yr and fh in hillview actually brings you back to square one. I personally would save the extra $300-400k and put a down payment on another property than tie it up in a single property in hillview. With my mixed portfolio of fh n lh ptys n hdb, I am doing fine so far. I never believe in stretching too much in a single pty and I think it is really stupid to do that. I am the sort of investor that would split up $2 million to buy two to three ptys then dump all that money in one pty.
    me same strategy...though i sell too when the offer price is too good to resist

during downturn when rent is down..price will down faster steeper.
    buying older condo...more maintenance like car. how often 1 change car
    sinking funds used to paint..older condo..owner like u all rent out..place tenants boh chap abt conditions..older condo less owner stay less noises to mgmt comm...less maintenance

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is why must buy old better mah, so much cheaper and won't heart-ache when tenant spoilt your thing since already old...
    Buy new to rent to tenant? Siao ah?!

during downturn when rent is down..price will down faster steeper.
    buying older condo...more maintenance like car. how often 1 change car
    sinking funds used to paint..older condo..owner like u all rent out..place tenants boh chap abt conditions..older condo less owner stay less noises to mgmt comm...less maintenance

How 2 b player if can't hv heart 2 rent new condo n scare ppl damage
    Wtf
    M talking abt downturn prices drop faster steeper 4 older condos