Thread: Fellow Lion brothers and sisters:

Default Fellow Lion brothers and sisters:

I ask you to be patient. very soon, even with a private MMs in good location ,you can exchange it for a small freehold landed terrace in OCR.

very very soon indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I ask you to be patient. very soon, even with a private MMs in good location ,you can exchange it for a small freehold landed terrace in OCR.

very very soon indeed.

Sure or not? You mean MM 600k exchange for FH landed same price?

What is the FH terrace size you referring to?

now also can except everyday got to travel over the causeway....

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Sure or not? You mean MM 600k exchange for FH landed same price?

What is the FH terrace size you referring to?
    dear brother PN. In a span of 20 years, I had owned landed terrace at lucky height, semi d at coronation, and a landed in newton area.

let your humble brother tell you why the landed reasonable psf factored in inflation and economic progress as such should be around 700psf for an OCR terrace.

now, for a terrace landed of size 1000 sqft, expect to be worth only S$780,000. how so, because you need to put aside $600 every month for a major AA about 8 years later hor. while for a private condo, every resident shared this burden and the upkeep should be good for 30 years. that is why even at s$2000 psf for private condo, it is a reasonable price.

my reasonable valuation: prime landed : S$800 psf max

believe or not up to you.

Smart, humble and handsome bro, if you would be so kind, please share with us your entry and exit prices for these landed properties that you had over the last 20 years.

dear brother PN. In a span of 20 years, I had owned landed terrace at lucky height, semi d at coronation, and a landed in newton area.

let your humble brother tell you why the landed reasonable psf factored in inflation and economic progress as such should be around 700psf for an OCR terrace.

now, for a terrace landed of size 1000 sqft, expect to be worth only S$780,000. how so, because you need to put aside $600 every month for a major AA about 8 years later hor. while for a private condo, every resident shared this burden and the upkeep should be good for 30 years. that is why even at s$2000 psf for private condo, it is a reasonable price.

I'm wondering with limited FH landed in a small country like Singapore, how will FH landed drop so drastically?

Every year, we see many new condo developements popping out all over Singapore. But there isn't many new landed on sales? Most in the market are resales. My feel is with limited availability, the price will trend up over years.

I'll be happy to grap one if it does happen but what is the major triggering event? And why this will only happen to landed and not hdb/EC/Condo? Will be glad if you could share your wisdom here.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Reasons:
    1) Landed land can only build landed, so no extra profit and space can be created to make profit, so little enbloc potential.
    2) Landed got low demand, even if supply is low.
    3) Related to (2), since foreigners cannot buy, and most locals cannot afford, and those locals who can afford prefer condo (living in the sky far away from dusts, dirts, smokes, mosquitoes, flies, and all the creepy creatures and insects + got security guards and facilities to use) rather than landed, so demand sure very low!

The phenomenon in 2000 will start to appear again once current euphoria is over and also PRs mostly no longer approved to buy Landed.

I'm wondering with limited FH landed in a small country like Singapore, how will FH landed drop so drastically?

Every year, we see many new condo developements popping out all over Singapore. But there isn't many new landed on sales? Most in the market are resales. My feel is with limited availability, the price will trend up over years.

I'll be happy to grap one if it does happen but what is the major triggering event? And why this will only happen to landed and not hdb/EC/Condo? Will be glad if you could share your wisdom here.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Reasons:
    1) Landed land can only build landed, so no extra profit and space can be created to make profit, so little enbloc potential.
    2) Landed got low demand, even if supply is low.
    3) Related to (2), since foreigners cannot buy, and most locals cannot afford, and those locals who can afford prefer condo (living in the sky far away from dusts, dirts, smokes, mosquitoes, flies, and all the creepy creatures and insects + got security guards and facilities to use) rather than landed, so demand sure very low!

The phenomenon in 2000 will start to appear again once current euphoria is over and also PRs mostly no longer approved to buy Landed.

this brother bear just answered the questions for you. better heed his words and dun say later i never say hor.

u forgot most important landed low rental ...i am renting out my 4rm flat to someone and renting a 4k sq ft semi d in siglap....every mth i only need to top up 1.2k in rental...so wats more powerful the pen or the sword....

Appreciates the 3 replies from the bro

My understanding is that most people who buy landed today not for it's rental yield as it's not high anyway given the high $$$. For those who bought 10+ year ago at low cost, renting it out provides comparable yield to condo if they own multiple properties.

But do these people really bother about the price going North or South?
    The reason for these people buying landed is for status. It's the same reason why people buying Merc instead of Toyota. Of course if the price goes up, some will sell for the good profits and move to a larger landed or penthouse for a change.

For the last few years, I'm seeing quite a number of rebuilt of landed in D15 & D16. Looks like landed buyers are still confident or simply too rich.

Unless their business fail, otherwise it's unlikely that they will sell at a bargain given that this group has better holding powers. So there isn't many such cases of selling at a bargain.

Anyway, will watch the happenings ahead in dragon year.

Appreciates the 3 replies from the bro

My understanding is that most people who buy landed today not for it's rental yield as it's not high anyway given the high $$$. For those who bought 10+ year ago at low cost, renting it out provides comparable yield to condo if they own multiple properties.

But do these people really bother about the price going North or South?
    The reason for these people buying landed is for status. It's the same reason why people buying Merc instead of Toyota. Of course if the price goes up, some will sell for the good profits and move to a larger landed or penthouse for a change.

For the last few years, I'm seeing quite a number of rebuilt of landed in D15 & D16. Looks like landed buyers are still confident or simply too rich.

Unless their business fail, otherwise it's unlikely that they will sell at a bargain given that this group has better holding powers. So there isn't many such cases of selling at a bargain.

Anyway, will watch the happenings ahead in dragon year.
    i am watching too literally every night after dinner when i go for my walk around frankel/siglap...but so far no one looks distressed......so i dont think will have fire sales....

The possibility exist ... just the land only.. as the building probably is in a very jialat state.. or beside cemetry etc.. anyway, can let us know when the time is near ?