Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly CM got NO effect...

Default Honestly CM got NO effect...

the way i see people still buy dont care about CM...ha ha...i think govt really scratch head...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

...ummm... bro, honestly me think you buy back a pte property better... else you like more stressful without that pte property...

May need to wait longer to see direction of the housing market. Sellers still have holding power. Not dropping price unless the economic situation worsens significantly. Singapore is still a relatively "safe" place to park $$$ compared to many other places these days. Without CM, there may be too many foreigners wanting to invest here and drive prices up.

Bro radha08 continue to pay rent to your landlord. Durian not ripening so soon. Hope it will drop for you. If not......

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    ...ummm... bro, honestly me think you buy back a pte property better... else you like more stressful without that pte property...
    "Honestly CM got NO effect... " = True. interesting development.

Some ppl that I know, either sell their Pte Pty and/or HDB last year in view of all the CMs and drop in prices etc. went to stay in rented or alternative accomodation... a few now also scratching their heads.

I believe the prices would have risen much faster if not for CM.
    Now it's rising at a relatively slow rate compared to before CM.

US is emerging from the doldrums already and if they get a republican president this round, there should be more capitalist-oriented (read: money, money, money for the corporates, rich and powerful) policies coming along.

The Euro crisis is protracted and will stick its ugly head up every now and then but once the political agendas have been largely fulfilled, the Euro issues should also begin to dwindle having served their purpose. Like a big merry-go-round, the next global crisis should likely be in Asia and that would be the only thing that will bring about a crash in the property market here.

Singapore's property market is markedly different from China in that much of the "locked" value in properties is held by majority of the people (HDB, PCs, etc) and a significant percentage of the aging population is dependent on unlocking that value for their nest-egg. Thus the CMs that are unleashed in Singapore can only negate further up-side to a certain extent but the down-side damage has to be limited to avoid hurting that the silver-haired members of the populus.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    the way i see people still buy dont care about CM...ha ha...i think govt really scratch head...

My friend very yaya. He is damn lucky(according to agent) that the owner of the property he eyed willing to sell his property fast so reduce his price by 10% initial asking after CM. 10% is alot actually. Panic seller. My friend agent tried to persuade him but he insist another 5% off citing CM5 will crash prices etc. He said he not in a hurry to buy(actual fact he is cos he is now renting) and he asked agent go tell seller to consider and give him an answer ASAP cos he also considering another seller's house(bullshit one la). Guessed what? My friend in the end gave in after 2 weeks, called up agent to try his luck want to compromise another 2% off. Property SOLD. Now he continue to scout for good deals, no luck at all. Those good location or freehold prices all holding well. Moral of the story is if u manage to find firesales or good deal, grab it. Dun be greedy.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah got scratch head? They target foreigners only mah followed by PRs for latest CM but actual fact as we pointed out, the people pushing up the prices are the CITIZENS!
    Is it any wonder the effect of their CM? Only MMs, Far-out ulu projects as long as priced <$1200 psf sure got CITIZENS buyers!

is our govt scratching their head now?
    i don't think so because they are so concern of their new salary adjustment. lost motivation.

They now realise that it is a bottom-less well. It is impossible to please everyone. Measure A pleases group A but antagonises group B. Measure B pleases group B but infuriates group C. Measure C pleases group C but enrages group A. At the end of it all, they will then realise that they have pissed everyone off instead of pleasing everyone.

The salary adjustments were to please group A - the vocal objectors to high salaries for the ministers. In the process, they stirred up emotions in group B - their own team of ministers and MPs, from which the more vocal ones are being ostracised online for being "money-faced". Who benefits from this? The opposition naturally; they are using the momentum created to slam the government wave after wave.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    is our govt scratching their head now?
    i don't think so because they are so concern of their new salary adjustment. lost motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by samsara
    They now realise that it is a bottom-less well. It is impossible to please everyone. Measure A pleases group A but antagonises group B. Measure B pleases group B but infuriates group C. Measure C pleases group C but enrages group A. At the end of it all, they will then realise that they have pissed everyone off instead of pleasing everyone.

The salary adjustments were to please group A - the vocal objectors to high salaries for the ministers. In the process, they stirred up emotions in group B - their own team of ministers and MPs, from which the more vocal ones are being ostracised online for being "money-faced". Who benefits from this? The opposition naturally; they are using the momentum created to slam the government wave after wave.
    haha..

opposition +1

govt 0

opposition will whack until govt churn more cms anot..????

Rental don't drop, property price will not drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    My friend very yaya. He is damn lucky(according to agent) that the owner of the property he eyed willing to sell his property fast so reduce his price by 10% initial asking after CM. 10% is alot actually. Panic seller. My friend agent tried to persuade him but he insist another 5% off citing CM5 will crash prices etc. He said he not in a hurry to buy(actual fact he is cos he is now renting) and he asked agent go tell seller to consider and give him an answer ASAP cos he also considering another seller's house(bullshit one la). Guessed what? My friend in the end gave in after 2 weeks, called up agent to try his luck want to compromise another 2% off. Property SOLD. Now he continue to scout for good deals, no luck at all. Those good location or freehold prices all holding well. Moral of the story is if u manage to find firesales or good deal, grab it. Dun be greedy.
    Wah... really ...

Fren read d nos n c market
    All dead. No effect. Blind also can c negative impact
    Helllo.....how many resale units in dec? How many u think in Jan. Higher? BS

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Why friend worry. So many new condos coming n nicer. Mrt everywhere
    Wht location. Newer projects lesser problem lesser maintenance. Later all TOP we c

Just wait a bit, usually retrenchments come after CNY.. then pple will start to worry

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    yup i also think like that now looking around weekend go viewing thats why i come to this conclusion....cm got no effect....

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    May need to wait longer to see direction of the housing market. Sellers still have holding power. Not dropping price unless the economic situation worsens significantly. Singapore is still a relatively "safe" place to park $$$ compared to many other places these days. Without CM, there may be too many foreigners wanting to invest here and drive prices up.

Bro radha08 continue to pay rent to your landlord. Durian not ripening so soon. Hope it will drop for you. If not......
    my situation not so bad only press 1/2 ball....others need to press 2 ball...

ha ha tats cos i also landlord collect rent from hdb top up a bit every month stay landed...but now a bit kancheong cos rental for my landed contract left 8mths....

tenants all going 4 cheaper rent
    wait...banks retrenchment..more angmo in OCR? they get cost cut
    citibank bonus down 20%

all teochew song..other landlords lock in 2 yrs dun care rent..get cashflow 1st
    old projects need reno. cannot fight new nice project 4 tenant

Reiterate economy will still be fine and US seems to be picking up as well.

Everyone will turn cautious which is good for OCR rental.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Reiterate economy will still be fine and US seems to be picking up as well.

Everyone will turn cautious which is good for OCR rental.
    but there is a concern weather the rental rate able to maintain at current level. I heard many TOP units waiting for tenants ..its difficult to get tenant unless owner lower their asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    but there is a concern weather the rental rate able to maintain at current level. I heard many TOP units waiting for tenants ..its difficult to get tenant unless owner lower their asking price.
    cooling measure got no bearing on rental rates but positive effect on rental demand.... increase demand to rent rather than buy.

there was a report very recent which say increase 5% in rental demand yield confirm demand outstrip supply.....

analyzing rent in isolation.
    US will continue 2 post good data. but world trade slows. biz all under pressure
    margins compressed. theory looks gd. grd reality is bad

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    U heard? U shld experience it then tell us la!
    I was trying to find a rental unit after selling late last year, rental market is tight. There maybe many units in the market, but demand is strong enough to keep the rental rates up for at least 1-2 quarters.

Lately, my friend tried to rent out a unit. Put up ad less than 2 weeks, taken!

DKSG
    Stay Calm and Cool

older and poorly maintained units will always be tough to rent out and also those just TOP large scale projects will have problems finding tenants in the first 6 months

When interest rates return to 3% and above, buying will stop. Anyway those who can wait, 2013-2014 will be good to absorb excess supply going at discounts. Those who cannot wait, grab your favorite facing and floors now.

Has anyone considered the below conspiracy theory?

All the CMs are not imposed to help the poor but a ploy to help the rich?

During 2008 - 2009.... So many previously middle class Singaporeans became millionaire from en-bloc and property flipping. BMW/Merc are beginning to become ordinary. All the previously Toyota driving uncles are all wearing Rolex driving 5 series. And most of them start to think they are on the top of the world.

The truely rich in Singapore are feeling unhappy because they no longer feel exclusive. They are used to being the masters of the universe and now a lot more indian chief shouting around trying to act like a boss. The wait list for thier new car are getting longer and they fear one day even a lambor is not enough to distinguish themself.

So to stop more middle class Singaporean making any more money from property, they have to stop people from owning more properties. Voila!! Introduce CMs. While all the middles class uncles are sweating over their property portfolios or even unloading them at discounts, the ultra rich are quietly accumulating. Now with all the CMs, prices will likely stabilise. Once the ultra rich reached their targeted porfolio, CMs will be removed one by one to prop up the prices. It will be timed together with the recovery in global economy to add fuel to the fire. When that happens, prices will jump by 20%-50% and all the middle class uncles who stood on the sideline waiting for durians to drop will rush in like mad to grab properties while the ultra rich are all laughing to the bank thinking "all you fools, coming in to mop up the last 5% of profit". Once everyone rushes in, a likely correction in price will occur and many will be caught by it due to greed.

After the dust settles, property prices stabilise again, poor people are still poor, middle class will still be middle class (multiple properties but all still owe banks large amount of debt, no more cash as all sunk into properties so cannot drive BMW/Merc). While the ultra rich continue to drive around in their super cars thinking "Lucky got CM back in 2010-2011, otherwise now everyone will have a supercar"

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
    I hope by next CNY I can get my Aventador.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    U heard? U shld experience it then tell us la!
    I was trying to find a rental unit after selling late last year, rental market is tight. There maybe many units in the market, but demand is strong enough to keep the rental rates up for at least 1-2 quarters.

Lately, my friend tried to rent out a unit. Put up ad less than 2 weeks, taken!

DKSG
    Stay Calm and Cool
    Most FTs comes in nowadays look 4 HDB.strong demand there. those private jialat...ur fren 2 wks...mkt hot? 2 days taken = mkt hot.
    oversupply condo

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Private properties only 200k+ units.
    HDB flats 900k+ units!
    Which one more over-supply?
    Stupid people paying $2k rental for a 4-rm HDB flat?

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    Most FTs comes in nowadays look 4 HDB.strong demand there. those private jialat...ur fren 2 wks...mkt hot? 2 days taken = mkt hot.
    oversupply condo