Thread: Dispose off HDB?

Default Dispose off HDB?

Need some expert guru advice here. If I owe a HDB that is fully paid for and bought a pc before CM5 so I don't need to sell away my HDB. But the PC is reaching TOP soon and we are thinking of selling it away then buy another PC. In this case, if I buy another PC now after selling away the existing PC, will I need to dispose off my HDB? I'm suspecting need to but really hope don't need to

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    Need some expert guru advice here. If I owe a HDB that is fully paid for and bought a pc before CM5 so I don't need to sell away my HDB. But the PC is reaching TOP soon and we are thinking of selling it away then buy another PC. In this case, if I buy another PC now after selling away the existing PC, will I need to dispose off my HDB? I'm suspecting need to but really hope don't need to
    Yes, the rule will apply if you sell your PC now and buy another one. Best option for now is for you to live in the HDB and rent out the condo.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Yes, the rule will apply if you sell your PC now and buy another one. Best option for now is for you to live in the HDB and rent out the condo.
    Thanks! Does this mean if I buy a PC now, I must dispose off my HDB within 6 months? urghh!! Any way to contravene e ruling?

if you have fulfilled the MOP for HDB, u can buy a private no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    if you have fulfilled the MOP for HDB, u can buy a private no problem.
    but do I need to dispose off my HDB if buy PC now? thks

Where did you get this info? Or did you assume you need to dispose off your HDB if buy PC now? BTW do you know what is CM5?

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Which rule of CM5 are you referring to?

No need to dispose any HDB lah... Its the other way round.. if you are a PC owner and looking to buy HDB then you need to dispose your PC within 6 months.

Copied the following from HDB website. If need to sell HDB when buying PC, then there is no such thing as HDB whole unit rental already unless for special reasons...

Q: I have bought a private residential property. Can I sublet my HDB flat and live in my private property?
    [ Living in HDB Flats > Purchasing Private Properties ]
    A: No. You and your family must continue to live in the HDB flat unless you have obtained approval from HDB to sublet the flat under the Subletting of Flat Policy.
    • To sublet the whole flat, you must also satisfy the condition of a 3-year or 5-year minimum Occupation Period (MOP) as follows:
      3 years
      • Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) and the application for the purchase of the flat was received before 30 Aug 2010;
      5 years
      • Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) and the application for the purchase of the flat was received on or after 30 Aug 2010;
      • Subsidised flat (flat purchased directly from HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Where did you get this info? Or did you assume you need to dispose off your HDB if buy PC now? BTW do you know what is CM5?
    I thought there is a rule that says cannot owe HDB and pc together and hence if u buy a pc, must dispose of HDB within 6 mths even if you have fulfilled 5 yr mop?

I thought there is a rule that says cannot owe HDB and pc together and hence if u buy a pc, must dispose of HDB within 6 mths even if you have fulfilled 5 yr mop?

see which one you own first. HDB or PC

if you got HDB first, then you can go on buy your PC

but if you got PC first...then you cannot buy any HDB already unless you dump your HDB!

You can buy a condo and no need to sell your hdb since mop is over. My situation is similar to yours. Hdb fully paid, sold a pc recently and now scouting for another to invest in. So I checked with hdb and yes I can continue staying in my flat and invest in another condo.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

the rule is you need to pay 3% ABSD for your 3rd residential property...

can keep hdb... just pay 3% ABSD on your next condo (if you already own a hdb and a condo)....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    You can buy a condo and no need to sell your hdb since mop is over. My situation is similar to yours. Hdb fully paid, sold a pc recently and now scouting for another to invest in. So I checked with hdb and yes I can continue staying in my flat and invest in another condo.
    Life is so fair... To our heartlanders...

no need, can keep your hdb

U can buy as many condo as you want, if you have $, you will not be forced to sell your only hdb.....

But condo owner who wants to buy hdb now have to get rid of all his condos.

'so dont anyhow sell your hdb'

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    U can buy as many condo as you want, if you have $, you will not be forced to sell your only hdb.....

this is so unfair

ah ic... thanks for everyone's advice I can go scout ard for FH if ever I decide to dispose off e LH... timing got to be right so dun gena 3% Stamp duties

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk

Yes i also dun want sell my HDB...get rental also good

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    this is so unfair
    Yes, so please buy hdb/ec first before buy p condo.

Default CM6

Renting out HDB and stay in condo is not "fair".
    I sense they will not allow renting out whole HDB unit very soon (back to the old good policy.)

You will then see the re-sale HDB COV come down.

There are 4 HDB units on my floor, only 2 are owner occupied.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Renting out HDB and stay in condo is not "fair".
    I sense they will not allow renting out whole HDB unit very soon (back to the old good policy.)

You will then see the re-sale HDB COV come down.

There are 4 HDB units on my floor, only 2 are owner occupied.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Where do you suggest the foreign workers stay? The policy is aimed at alleviating the lack of supply of cheap rental flats. A reversal of this policy will cause workers and landlords to complain, companies to raise their cost of business and crash the property market. It will not happen in the next few years.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

In the past, where do they stay? Then go back to the good old policies Lor, it's not like they have not done it before? The reason for super high resale HDB price? Because many people moved on to live in private or even migrate overseas (mostly PRs) & yet keeping their HDB for rental because rental yield so good!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Where do you suggest the foreign workers stay? The policy is aimed at alleviating the lack of supply of cheap rental flats. A reversal of this policy will cause workers and landlords to complain, companies to raise their cost of business and crash the property market. It will not happen in the next few years.

Yes,Rental is good,share a true case-
    1.Buy a HDB at $190K,value now $500K,Rent out at $2550 monthly.
    2. Then buy a Private Prooerty at $600K,value now $1.3m,rent out again at $3400.
    3. Buy another condo,for self stay & in future rent it out if need.

Think many here got similar story,we all start with HDB, and able to retired well due to government policy,although now cannot buy EC but we will never complain or jealous,more important Happy with what you have😃

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    In the past, where do they stay? Then go back to the good old policies Lor, it's not like they have not done it before? The reason for super high resale HDB price? Because many people moved on to live in private or even migrate overseas (mostly PRs) & yet keeping their HDB for rental because rental yield so good!

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Yes,Rental is good,share a true case-
    1.Buy a HDB at $190K,value now $500K,Rent out at $2550 monthly.
    2. Then buy a Private Prooerty at $600K,value now $1.3m,rent out again at $3400.
    3. Buy another condo,for self stay & in future rent it out if need.

Think many here got similar story,we all start with HDB, and able to retired well due to government policy,although now cannot buy EC but we will never complain or jealous,more important Happy with what you have😃
    Me Too.

1988 4 rm = 83k, sell in 1995 for 285k profit after sale 180k.
    1996 5 rm = 225k + 25k = 250k, rent 2.4k val about 600k.
    1996 3 rm = 65k after -30k for in law val 300k.
    2006 buy 2 Bedroom for 535k paid 20% rent 4k val about 1500k
    2011 cash out 2 bedroom buy 3+1 penthouse 1350k waiting TOP.