Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Was referring $13xx psf to the penthouses, a 2000 sqft unit will easily cost about $2.8mil... the MM more like $15xx psf. Just an guess!

Actually is one MRT station with two lines!
    $13xx psf for the 38th storey pent-house is quite hard. The view will be spectacular at the pent house. Just go up to the highest floor (not even hitting 30 storey) of one of the point block HDB in bishan to appreciate. My guess only.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    $13xx psf for the 38th storey pent-house is quite hard. The view will be spectacular at the pent house. Just go up to the highest floor (not even hitting 30 storey) of one of the point block HDB in bishan to appreciate. My guess only.
    Agree, this will be priced "Sky" high...

As there aren't many 40 storey buildings around. You can get a very clear view all round.

capland's dleedon 24flr is 1700psf, 25th flr and abv is 2000psf up. So high floor of sky habitat will be ........

But still very heartland and HDB crowd. No matter how expensive is HDB, still HDB. I think Bishan HDB is the worst performing HDB flats in terms of price appreciation in SG. 10 years ago already heard some idiot buy Bishan HDB for $1 million. Today price stil the same or decline while the rest of SG like Redhill and Clementi become the hot fave. Remember, these pple are the ones who do not make much from their HDB flats. Unless they continue to be suckers lah.

And this is a normal condo, not integrated with shopping center or MRT. The land around it all HDB land for residential. Bishan is one place with cheap 99LH condo and expensive HDB. I think if price at 1600psf, would be hard to sell unless very small units lor.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You are looking at a project near 2 MRT stations, a big mall with cinema, near city center, PIE and CTE and good schools, and in the midst of one of the most expensive HDBs in Singapore. $13xx is extremely unlikely.

i am guessing the price is a slight above Bedok Resi..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But still very heartland and HDB crowd. No matter how expensive is HDB, still HDB. I think Bishan HDB is the worst performing HDB flats in terms of price appreciation in SG. 10 years ago already heard some idiot buy Bishan HDB for $1 million. Today price stil the same or decline while the rest of SG like Redhill and Clementi become the hot fave. Remember, these pple are the ones who do not make much from their HDB flats. Unless they continue to be suckers lah.

And this is a normal condo, not integrated with shopping center or MRT. The land around it all HDB land for residential. Bishan is one place with cheap 99LH condo and expensive HDB. I think if price at 1600psf, would be hard to sell unless very small units lor.
    Are you living in Mars? Bishan HDB is worst performing???

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Are you living in Mars? Bishan HDB is worst performing???
    Worst performing in terms of appreciation in the last 10 years and I would tend to agreewith him because they had such a ggood run in the 90s that it's been slow in the last decade. Maybe they will wake out from their slumber this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Worst performing in terms of appreciation in the last 10 years and I would tend to agreewith him because they had such a ggood run in the 90s that it's been slow in the last decade. Maybe they will wake out from their slumber this decade.
    I think construction of CCL and shift of focus from Orchard to Marina Bay make Bishan less attractive compared to b4 ...

Count the number of MRT stops to Marina Bay u will understand why
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Forummers.... capitaland bid 869 psf for the land right?

With designer architect, construction costs will be in excss of $400psf...

Breakeven will easily be at least 1250 to 1300 psf.... inlcuding showflat, marketing costs etc...

How can they then sell MM for 1450psf? If any of the units sell for less than 1450psf I will be really surprised...

My prediction low floor bigger units 1350psf..... all the way up to 2300 psf for high floor MM units...

They will then drive the traffic to D'leedon...

Then they will bid for the reserve condo site at Jurong East MRT station and price it as high as Sky habitat, then it will drive demand to Sky habitat.... then can slowly sell Jurong after all the amenities are up....

Exciting times...

Capitaland has awarded the foundation contract for Sky Habitat to CSC Holdings, back in Dec 11.

http://www.cschl.com.sg/images/stori...s_20111212.pdf

Contract done and dusted before the project is even launched. Applaud.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR

Breakeven will easily be at least 1250 to 1300 psf.... inlcuding showflat, marketing costs etc...

How can they then sell MM for 1450psf? If any of the units sell for less than 1450psf I will be really surprised...

My prediction low floor bigger units 1350psf..... all the way up to 2300 psf for high floor MM units...

Then they will bid for the reserve condo site at Jurong East MRT station and price it as high as Sky habitat, then it will drive demand to Sky habitat.... then can slowly sell Jurong after all the amenities are up....

Exciting times...
    Exciting or bazzard times... I seriously doubt it'll ever reach $2300 psf. I'll swing to CCR immediately... This is Bishan... This project might just triggle CM6 if not managed properly...

Sky Habitat targeted for launch in Q2 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR

Exciting times...
    Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Exciting or bazzard times... I seriously doubt it'll ever reach $2300 psf. I'll swing to CCR immediately... This is Bishan... This project might just triggle CM6 if not managed properly...
    You meant to say bizarre or buzzard... Or bazaar. Different meaning leh...

I hope the govt are closely watching Capland. Another round of CM could be brewing. Blame the developers. We consumers are the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Sky Habitat targeted for launch in Q2 2012.
    is there news it will be Q2?

Capland said it last yr.

can do bungee jump from the sky bridge. haa haa...

as per what august said. and they also reinforced it with their presentation slides for their results release this morning.

capland very bullish with sg property... so there won't be cheap launch

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    capland very bullish with sg property... so there won't be cheap launch
    if 1400psf, can consider, but i think its will be higher...ave should be 1600?

added attraction for Bishan condos..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...183121/1/.html

A natural river in Bishan Park
    Posted: 15 February 2012 1354 hrs

SINGAPORE: What used to be a concrete canal in Bishan Park has been transformed into a natural river that will make the community space more vibrant.

The National Park Board (NParks) said on Wednesday that the waterway flows right at the doorsteps of Bishan and Ang Mo Kio.

The project by NParks and national water agency PUB is part of the Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters (ABC Waters) Programme to beautify Singapore's waterscape.

They transformed the section of Kallang River that ran in a canal along the edge of the park into a natural river.

Residents are no longer separated by the canal, improving connectivity to the park.

When water level in the river is low, users can get closer to water and enjoy recreational activities along the river banks.

During heavy rain, the park land next to the river serves as a channel to carry water downstream.

A river monitoring and warning system with water level sensors, warning lights, sirens and audio announcements will provide early warning when heavy rain or rising water levels are expected.

Warning signs, red markers and life buoys have also been put up along the river.

The river monitoring system will trigger warning lights, as well as the siren and audio announcements at safety nodes, to alert park users.

Safety lines with buoys are provided at selected locations, along with CCTVs and round-the-clock patrol surveillance.

"While we want to encourage the community to get close to water, we are also mindful that the safety of the public is paramount. In designing this river with naturalised banks and gentle slopes, we also put in place a series of measures to ensure the safety of park users is not compromised," said Mr Tan Nguan Sen, PUB's Director of Catchment and Waterways.

NParks said the rejuvenated park has new and improved amenities for the community to play, interact and bond.

There are three new playgrounds, a new fast-food outlet and a new restaurant.

There is also the Recycle Hill, which was formed using concrete from the former canal to preserve the park's history and re-use the concrete in a creative way.

Sitting on the hill is an award-winning sculpture by local sculptor Kelvin Lim Fun Kit, called An Enclosure For A Swing.

Assistant Chief Executive Officer of NParks, Mr Kong Yit San, said: "The introduction of a naturalised river has also brought birds, dragonflies, waterhens and little egrets closer to our doorsteps. With the variety of amenities catering to the diverse needs of our park users, we believe that the new Bishan Park will draw visitors from all over, and bring Singapore closer to being a City in a Garden."

- CNA/fa

Full of crap... Natural river? Do they understand English? Do they really intend to turn it into a muddy and messy place where upstream, kids play and pee in the water, midstream all sorts of waste gets dumped in and downstream housewives do their laundry beating away at it... Thats the real NATURAL river for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Full of crap... Natural river? Do they understand English? Do they really intend to turn it into a muddy and messy place where upstream, kids play and pee in the water, midstream all sorts of waste gets dumped in and downstream housewives do their laundry beating away at it... Thats the real NATURAL river for you.
    as it is, it's more like a tiny stream...and yes, once opened to the public, will be subject to abuse...

.. and it cost tax payer's money something like 80mil ??

... sometimes I dun understand how ENV plans its projects. there was nothing wrong on the original bishan park....

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    .. and it cost tax payer's money something like 80mil ??

... sometimes I dun understand how ENV plans its projects. there was nothing wrong on the original bishan park....
    800mil ...closed to 799mil

They seem to have too much money to spend. For example, behind my house they are going to make a walking path for people to walk around next to the jungle (this is joining from the Treetops walk). I thought Treetops walk, Lower Pierce reservoir and Bishan Park nearby should be good enough for walkers. Now I will be having people disturbing next to my back yard. And I doubt if we are able to stop it since it is state land. I hope they will be attacked by monkeys and snakes Maybe they would discourage the monkeys from coming into our place and eating my MIL's orchid flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    800mil ...closed to 799mil
    What ??!!!!!

I tell you this is WAY WAY WORSE than million dollar minister pay !! How come no opposition question gov's wisdom wasting money like this ?!

WTF 800mil can give every tax payer a 20% tax rebate still with change !

Why are govt spending so much $$$ on ABC Waters projects? Anyone in there who's highly connected that they are channelling work in that direction?