Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 611162126272829303132333435364146515661 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    yea....
    all these expensive condo are for foreigners one...
    Foreigners made up around 20% of the property purchase in Q4 last year, so with CM5 ABSD and scrapping of FIS for PRCs I am not sure how many foreigners will bite on this one.

IMO, the real rich foreigners in Singapore will only go for the best in CCR and they will not be keen to waste their time living in Bishan. As for investment if this property is selling at 1700psf, rental yield for this property will be crap.

I think the interest from the general public is to find out how many idiots will fall for capland marketing gimmick.

This one will sell out. Capland positioning it as highend atas condo. Targeted at people who want to show off the architecture to their visitors. People who count 5c 10c need not apply. Capland also not interested in u

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    This one will sell out. Capland positioning it as highend atas condo. Targeted at people who want to show off the architecture to their visitors. People who count 5c 10c need not apply. Capland also not interested in u
    I doubt it will be a hot seller seriously?its too expensive for a project located in a hdb estate.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Doubt it will be a sell out. Quantum just too high for a HDB hub. If only they have MMs, then these will surely get snapped up or a huge discount is given.

But the location is excellent, very near one of the MRT exit, walking distance to junction 8, coffee shops, bus interchange, and not forgetting a wonderful library, and a public stadium just next door. It will be the Iconic building in Bishan.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    I doubt it will be a hot seller seriously?its too expensive for a project located in a hdb estate.
    actually bishan does not have that many hdb flats compared to other estates like tpy and amk. half of bishan are occupied by landed, condo, schools, depot and a big park

Somehow, I feel that Capland is doing some kind of social service. Refusing to build MMs when everyone is doing it and bringing designer condo to the heartlands..or being different for the sake of it?

I said it long tome ago, CAPL is doing national service by not building MMs , and bringing foreign talent designs into spore.

Btw , why is every one so sure there is no discount , rebate, etc ? 1600 I think would have been a nice px. Enough margin, not too cheap, not too ex.

theres a lot of good location projects within this price range. i rather get 8@mount sophia

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Doubt it will be a sell out. Quantum just too high for a HDB hub. If only they have MMs, then these will surely get snapped up or a huge discount is given.

But the location is excellent, very near one of the MRT exit, walking distance to junction 8, coffee shops, bus interchange, and not forgetting a wonderful library, and a public stadium just next door. It will be the Iconic building in Bishan.
    When I pay 1700-1800 psf, i would expect to be within 400m of orchard road and have restaurants and cafe rather than coffee shop. Bus interchange? a real turn off if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Somehow, I feel that Capland is doing some kind of social service. Refusing to build MMs when everyone is doing it and bringing designer condo to the heartlands..or being different for the sake of it?
    I agree with u bro. Got some fellow forumers say 635sqft 3 bedder is call efficient layout. I also blur. Some go as far as call it an upgrade with security features.

Other than the high Psf , I actually find it refreshing from the square blocks hdb like condo we r seeing everywhere. At least someone is trying. But as reality have it, price is more impt than looks in this super high price environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    When I pay 1700-1800 psf, i would expect to be within 400m of orchard road and have restaurants and cafe rather than coffee shop. Bus interchange? a real turn off if you ask me.
    IMHO I don't think it's $1700 for a 1000-1200 sqft unit. That kind of range is reserved for 650sqft units. My guess is 1400-1500 for 3 bedder unit 1216sqft unit.

Why would it be iconic? It is suburban anyway. And the location is not so fantastic. I don't find near to coffeeshops, library or coffeeshops any "fantastic". And not forgetting, stadium? What is so great about being near stadium?

Sorry, I disagree with the location. MRT and shopping centre, maybe yes. But there are many condos with MRT and shopping centre in suburban as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2

Too big to fail? The developer literally advertise their 5sec tv ads over prime time channel 8, agents overwhelm sat classified ads with this development. I am keeping my eyes peel wide open to see the performance. I bet the gov will also pay close attention lol As what many bros here said, quantum not cheap.. if got tons of bishaniers/locals hoot this, it will be damn scary.. all ammo gaogao n more CM coming along the way?

i wanna get one..stay tune.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Why would it be iconic? It is suburban anyway. And the location is not so fantastic. I don't find near to coffeeshops, library or coffeeshops any "fantastic". And not forgetting, stadium? What is so great about being near stadium?

Sorry, I disagree with the location. MRT and shopping centre, maybe yes. But there are many condos with MRT and shopping centre in suburban as well.

Bishan location is not bad, but the SH site is definitely not worth this kind of money.

1) Site is right next to place of worship. On Friday, the entire road in front will be pack with cars, trucks, bike etc etc. And people living around there will have to get use to the prayer.

2) Kiasi parents will want to avoid living close to ITE as they might be afraid their kids might mix with bad company

3) The land surrounding SH all belongs to HDB, perhaps SH will have HDB, BTO, or nursing home as their neighbors very soon.

I have nothing against anything I have mentioned, but if someone would to pay 1700psf, I am sure they should deserve somewhere better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    i wanna get one..stay tune.
    !!!!!! Homestay? Investment? Willing to pay 1.7k psf?

Unfortunately, Capitaland paid $100m more than the second highest bidder for the land and now they have to sell at this price to be profitable. Are there buyers out there wanting to support their inflated bid? Looks like there are.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb

Oh, iconic it will be. I wonder what our taxi uncles will call it? "lau tui condo" as in steps condo?

so many negatives comments here.... this is a real challenge for capland to sell this property.

capland doesnt launch that many property in a year. they put a lot of effort on this ,, esp at this time

the iconic design, IMHO, is not practical
    1. the sky terrace is going to be very very hot as it is not covered
    2. the balcony is odd shape, cannot even put a proper outdoor set
    3. the balcony is not glass panel, when u sit down, there is no good view

At this price for this location, avoid

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Unfortunately, Capitaland paid $100m more than the second highest bidder for the land and now they have to sell at this price to be profitable.
    Actually CAPL can make decent profit at 1500 - 1600 psf already. No need to go so high.

I still think the high figures are for headlines and the buzz. Probably highest floor 1 2bds. The rest will have rebates, discounts, vouchers, etc.

Despite the high prices (and the weaknesses of the condo - e.g. balcony shape, unit layout), think the smaller sized units will sell well.

Could be the bigger units that will be more difficult to sell due to the high quantums, unless there are good discounts to be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Unfortunately, Capitaland paid $100m more than the second highest bidder for the land and now they have to sell at this price to be profitable. Are there buyers out there wanting to support their inflated bid? Looks like there are.
    liew is really stupid to pay such price. serve him right if it don sell well. probably is time to step down

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    !!!!!! Homestay? Investment? Willing to pay 1.7k psf?
    Of course..y not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    so many negatives comments here.... this is a real challenge for capland to sell this property.

capland doesnt launch that many property in a year. they put a lot of effort on this ,, esp at this time
    There are a lot of rational investors in this forum and it's not reflective of the general market. Look what happened with Watertown.

Between interlace and this, I think this design is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    liew is really stupid to pay such price. serve him right if it don sell well. probably is time to step down
    Capitaland is sitting on huge pile of cash, whether this sell or not is doesnt matter to Mun Leong. He is like a emperor building all these iconic projects make himself feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Between interlace and this, I think this design is better.
    This location is better than Interlace.

1700psf into 600sqft is 1 million ... at this quantum many other alternatives can be considered

I think history will repeat itself, Bishan 8 @ 1100psf, Sky Habitat @ 1,700psf
    Ride at your own risk !!!