Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

A 5 room to a new 3 bedder condo is a downgrade of space in most instances. But some people just want that lifestyle factor.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    A 5 room to a new 3 bedder condo is a downgrade of space in most instances. But some people just want that lifestyle factor.
    The main problem is their debt will be alot more...sell 800k and buy 1.6mio.....wah liu.....Slave to the bank......

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    so hdb upgraders will sell a 1400sqft unit for 800k and buy a 1000sqft habitat in the sky for 1.6mil?
    sounds like a downgrade to me....
    A big big upgrade on debt wor....wakakakak

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    What "some". Many many, if not most !
    Ppl say it's merely "downsizing".

Look, to "upgrade" to condo is DA DREAM of most young HDB owners. Somemore this one has all the convenience and attributes of HDB, perfect. Just like bedok one.
    HDB buy from gov 300k sell 700k citizen's bonus of 400k, dun take, stupid right ? After that 800k loan never mind, monthly after CPF cash part a few hundred only in today's interest rate. So affordable.
    U all should read one Normura report last week. It claimed the nb of ppl who can afford condos haas increased 50% over the last 10 yrs. Contrary to one other forumer claimed, condo had never been so affordable.

CAPL just needs to play the quantum game right.

i'm not vested even close by, but I like this location alot. MRT, mall slated for expansion, schools etc and quite close to town.

If you ask me, I say this is superior to Centro Residences. CR going for 1500psf....so if after VVIP discount i can get 1400+psf, i'll be tempted...and so will many others! But i'm dreaming
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i'm not vested even close by, but I like this location alot. MRT, mall slated for expansion, schools etc and quite close to town.

If you ask me, I say this is superior to Centro Residences. CR going for 1500psf....so if after VVIP discount i can get 1400+psf, i'll be tempted...and so will many others! But i'm dreaming
    At 1400psf, I would rather choose some recent TOP F'hold projects in D11 or D12 located around Novena or Thomson area, like:
    1. Pavillion 11
    2. Montebleu
    3. The Arte

No need to dream, the price is just between $12xx to $14xx

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    At 1400psf, I would rather choose some recent TOP F'hold projects in D11 or D12 located around Novena or Thomson area, like:
    1. Pavillion 11
    2. Montebleu
    3. The Arte
    not sure about the first 2 but the Arte??

up to individuals and more importantly if this is for own stay or investment...
    I am rich in debts...

not sure about the first 2 but the Arte??

up to individuals and more importantly if this is for own stay or investment...
    Sky Habitat will be riding on current mass market bull run.. and will be selling at the price of "Prime" mass market price..

Unless you are die hard fans of Bishan and don't mind your condo located within the HDB estate (surrounded by HDBs).. need MRT & other amenities..

Well. Buyers these days like nice toys. Ok even if they are pay more for a LH property. SOHO units will sell well here.
    1. Pavillion 11
    2. Montebleu
    3. The Arte

1. Pavillion 11
    2. Montebleu
    3. The Arte

agreed. don't understand why people for willing to pay LH at FH prices, just because it's new. New LH doesn't mean zilch in 10 years time when compared to FH. Unless the intention is to flip...

No wait..., the flippers are gone.... right?

That's because you do not live in HDB and is not a HDB upgrader.
    U must think like one first.
    Tis Bishan one has all the amenities of HDB, and is a condo.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    agreed. don't understand why people for willing to pay LH at FH prices, just because it's new. New LH doesn't mean zilch in 10 years time when compared to FH. Unless the intention is to flip...

No more flip liao lor..
    Sky Habitat will be end up like Reflections.. one time 1000 units TOP.. with many units up for sale & rent.. putting alot of pressure on the price..

For long term whether is stay or invest, I would rather buy The Arte, reason:
    1. F'hold
    2. Not surrounded by HDBs
    3. Not like a mass market project
    4. Safer buy at 12xx to 13xx
    5. Exclusive with 3xx units
    6. Full condo facitilites
    7. Nearer to the city & no need to depend on CTE to go city
    Last edited by Rysk; 26-02-12 at 10:47.

This one got 1000 units meh ? Thought 500 only ?
    And u completely discount the MRT + mall + school effect ??
    I will bet there are a lot more own stay buyers than investor buyers.

Even though I'm CCR fan, between Arte and this, I will not choose Arte. A highway is building very near Arte in the next 10 yrs. An CDL is building another 2 ( or is it 3) right next to it. Arte is not a good example lah.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

Even though I'm CCR fan, between Arte and this, I will not choose Arte. A highway is building very near Arte in the next 10 yrs. An CDL is building another 2 ( or is it 3) right next to it. Arte is not a good example lah.
    Yeah, I think Sky Habitat is like 500+ units.. mainly the rich HDB upgraders buying for own stay.. maybe some even buying for their sons to be near them haha..
    Anyway, base on the recent mass market sales, we can see the real demand by S'porean & PRs..

I tot the NS highway will be underground over at Thomson Road?
    If is underground tunnel, will it affect the properties above it?

I have personally view the The Arte when it was TOP, those units facing the city, you can hardly get the noise from the PIE.

Will the Sky Habitat be affected by the MRT noise since the track is quite near to the project? I ever stayed at condo close to MRT track, the noise came almost every 3 mins whenever the train passby.. till I cannot tahan & finally decided to move.

The track is pretty far from the project. This is the furthest corner of the grass patch. If it was adjacent to junction 8, I could understand why capland paid so much for it. But this one is the furthest corner...

Better stay clear of that region. Afternoon sun (heat) plus PM (cars) plus noise (cars) can be unbearable. Another highway coming!

I tot the NS highway will be underground over at Thomson Road?
    If is underground tunnel, will it affect the properties above it?
    That's after it's built.
    When it's being built, i think it's cut and cover method. Massive traffic diversion and inconvenience, for the next 10 yrs..

CATEGORY: CONDO NEWS
    CapitaLand boss: Sales volume down but no plans to reduce price drastically

According to CNA's article, CapitaLand head honcho Liew Mun Leong says that he expects lower sales of condos in the short-term thanks to the recent cooling measures. He notes that sales volume in the first two months of this year has dropped very sharply.

He thinks that it will take about 6 months for buyers to factor in the additional buyers' stamp duty when they purchase private property.

The big bombshell he dropped here was that CapitaLand will not be lowering prices of their new launches drastically just to move their stock, they are strong enough to hold out. That's not surprising really, they are flush with $$$ thanks to the property boom of the past 3 years.

So for those hoping to get a huge bargain on new units, dream on. Large developers like CapitaLand, Far East, etc. have the ability to hold on to their stock quite easily, they have an astronomically big fat piggy bank. So unless there is a big global financial crisis, don't expect prices to drop by much at all.

via CNA. Image: Sky Habitat, Moshe Safdie Architects.

1. Pavillion 11
    2. Montebleu
    3. The Arte

Dun think this will be 12xx to 14xx psf....more likely average at 15xx psf...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Preferences are fast changing. MRT + Mall more preferred than whether FH or LH. FH or LH maybe considered old thinking liao.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Preferences are fast changing. MRT + Mall more preferred than whether FH or LH. FH or LH maybe considered old thinking liao.
    Indeed preference is fast changing. FH beside MRT + Mall is the best lor... but v difficult to find leh!

I'm not a HDB upgrader but I can understand the change of tide...in SG, your views will never equal that of other bigger cities, so HDBs or not in your horizon, the most important thing is convenience...hence the rise of the mall-condo-MRT...
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Dun think this will be 12xx to 14xx psf....more likely average at 15xx psf...IMHO
    before 20% disc

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    before 20% disc
    And before 25% mark up

Got an email from this ERA agent, for those whom are interest?

http://www.77creations.com/bishan14.html

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    FH is definitely preferred. In a down mkt, investors are unsure how long it will be and holding onto a LH ppty is liken to holding on a depreciating asset. Thus demand for LH is generally weaker compared to FH projects. Even for good located projects, eg near mrt projects, when the mkt picks ups, the value might just rise back to break even point.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    FH is definitely preferred. In a down mkt, investors are unsure how long it will be and holding onto a LH ppty is liken to holding on a depreciating asset. Thus demand for LH is generally weaker compared to FH projects. Even for good located projects, eg near mrt projects, when the mkt picks ups, the value might just rise back to break even point.
    i hold both FH and LH and I have observed LH properties near MRT hold better and are very quick to bounce back during a market rebound. FH tends to be resilient to both sides but be warned appreciation lags behind well located LH
    I am rich in debts...

i hold both FH and LH and I have observed LH properties near MRT hold better and are very quick to bounce back during a market rebound. FH tends to be resilient to both sides but be warned appreciation lags behind well located LH
    Hi Mantrix,

agree with you on the rebound....ie quick to rebound from the same point. Probably as I mentioned before, in a rising mkt environment, LH is less of an issue because specuvestors do not hold long and usually sell of once ROI target has been achieved. BUT in a down mkt, the horizon isn't as clear....thus FH is a safer investment as age does not affect it as much as a LH development.

In an uprising mkt, I have held both LH and FH ppty. And I usually sell of the LH ppty when my ROI has been met. In a stagant or down mkt, I do not have LH ppty, only FH.