Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2227323742474849505152535455565762677277 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Where are all the era agents in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Have we ever wonder why developers only announce the number of units launched after they know the number of units sold? Alternatively, they may announce only a very small number of units to be launched so that they will get a very high percentage of unit sold.
    Regardless of whether they announce how many units were launched and put a percentage to the units sold, the fact is that they sold 120+ units. IMO, this is not a great number but neither a bad one as well. The next 2-3 weeks will show if they can move at least 70% of the total units fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper
    Where are all the era agents in this forum?
    At Bishan lah kopi...waiting for the lunch time crowd to come in 30 mins time.

PAP is already shaken by recent suggestion to revamp low income wages to narrow income gap, do you think government will allow property prices to continue charging ahead?

No chance lah.
    They already say must handle this suggestion with great great care... to prevent prices from going further up, they'll inevitably offend another group of people lor... nothing that they do can ever satisfy everybody lah...

Should buy low floor. Then all the undergarments will fall onto your balcony when the wind blows. Imagine the SYT or MILF come to your place to "collect" their undies. kekeke.

Actually I'm more concerned with the view obstruction of the design. I was at H88 website and obviously many units might have very limited and narrow visual field. The stupid bridges obstruct the views further. Why would people go from one block to another?

Look at the pic below. Left side obstructed by wall, right side obstructed by more wall. Narrow visual field. gives headache only. high floor becomes useless. And this is not even view of an actual unit. That would be worse with the balcony below. I've seen lots of such condos. Disappointing views due to obstruction by design.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i think i am getting SH high floor when price drops due to recession.
    a lot of downblouse opportunities if stay in high floor. can also know the colour of panties, be it SYT or MILF.
    This is a ++++ point for japanese men tenants.
    looking now for telescope that can point below horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    At Bishan lah kopi...waiting for the lunch time crowd to come in 30 mins time.
    This incredible....property becomes something you can pick up from a promoter (aka property agent) in a shopping mall at lunch time just like any other item being sold from a push cart.

The buyers of this condo are really brave! Really see no upside at all. But the development has help enlivened the bishan area and raise the value of existing and upcoming developments. In a way, the development has benefitted the bystanders!

As a owner of a penthouse unit with a roof terrace, I already see how messy the staggered terraces at SH can be when it comes to debris falling to the units below, paint streaking as well as other maintenance issues.

Good luck!

for painting of external wall of staggered terraces, does the painters need to come inside the units to paint?

a mass market project doing 16xx psf selling 125 mostly "large" 3bd and 2bd units in 2 days, if this is not good response, I think you are just talking for the sake of it. (3bd is abt 1.9mil, 2bd is abt 1.6m after all the discounts.) Remember this is under all the CMs and ABSDs.

any good facing units left ? plenty. 2 entire stacks of 4bds, pool facing or unobstructed open facing, are available. cost > 2.7m.

If there are no more CMs, I have no doubt the remaining small units will eventually be all sold within the next few months. What CAPL will have problems selling are those large quantum units. There are plenty of them, with numbers like 2.7m, 3.5m. I'm pretty sure CAPL is prepared to take the whole 4yrs to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Should buy low floor. Then all the undergarments will fall onto your balcony when the wind blows. Imagine the SYT or MILF come to your place to "collect" their undies. kekeke.

Actually I'm more concerned with the view obstruction of the design. I was at H88 website and obviously many units might have very limited and narrow visual field. The stupid bridges obstruct the views further. Why would people go from one block to another?

Look at the pic below. Left side obstructed by wall, right side obstructed by more wall. Narrow visual field. gives headache only. high floor becomes useless. And this is not even view of an actual unit. That would be worse with the balcony below. I've seen lots of such condos. Disappointing views due to obstruction by design.
    maybe they need to reenforce the building in case there is strong wind blowing.

ok lah, u win lah with ur 1600psf prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    a mass market project doing 16xx psf selling 125 mostly "large" 3bd and 2bd units in 2 days, if this is not good response, I think you are just talking for the sake of it. (3bd is abt 1.9mil, 2bd is abt 1.6m after all the discounts.) Remember this is under all the CMs and ABSDs.

any good facing units left ? plenty. 2 entire stacks of 4bds, pool facing or unobstructed open facing, are available. cost > 2.7m.

If there are no more CMs, I have no doubt the remaining small units will eventually be all sold within the next few months. What CAPL will have problems selling are those large quantum units. There are plenty of them, with numbers like 2.7m, 3.5m. I'm pretty sure CAPL is prepared to take the whole 4yrs to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    for painting of external wall of staggered terraces, does the painters need to come inside the units to paint?
    I would think so. ask those living in the arcadia.

Sold 125 out of 509 units. 24% sold at launch for a project of this quantum. I think they are doing well.

maybe they need to reenforce the building in case there is strong wind blowing.
    Juniper you need to visit the place to get the correct picture. Some ppl never get the facts right before making the comments. Those "bridges" are not corridors. They are gyms and function rooms and stuff like that. Have to do this due to the limited size of the plot.

I had never expected it to have both 50m lap pool AND a tennis court on the ground.

MND minister said property is for long term, developers are pricing such that buyers have no choice but to hold long term.

Juniper you need to visit the place to get the correct picture. Some ppl never get the facts right before making the comments. Those "bridges" are not corridors. They are gyms and function rooms and stuff like that. Have to do this due to the limited size of the plot.

I had never expected it to have both 50m lap pool AND a tennis court on the ground.

I am not a structure engineer and neither are you. And that is why I am saying MAYBE. Having said that, there is nothing wrong for the bridge to serve duo purpose. If I recall, the bridge between the petronas tower was build for that purpose as well.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Wow.. 70% of 180 units on first 2 days? Not bad. But still I cannot see the price to value people willing to pay . It's eye in the beholder. Saw the finishing cheap... Balcony so big. That area year end is very windy. High floor living in strong wind? Hmmm

Not a good buy at all. I guess residence living near by who want to sell ate all happy! At least this benefited some folks.
    Bro Minority, is this another Carrot Farm in yr dictionary? Surprised u hv toned down with the name calling

Quote Originally Posted by speculator
    Sold 125 out of 509 units. 24% sold at launch for a project of this quantum. I think they are doing well.
    although I dun think they can clear more than 50% any time soon. Essentially all the >2mil units will not move. I would say CAPL is learning to be FEO or SHK on this.

The Straits Times today reported a 32 year old sales executive buying TWO 3BR units on the 33rd and 39th floors. He intends to rent out both units. Wonder what he sells - insurance, property, planes, ships, tanks ???

Another person (a Public Servant) aged 35 bought a 2BR plus study pool-facing unit - he says "The prices are steep, yes, but it's COMFORTABLE with the incentives given". Wow - which govt ministry / agency does he come from ???

There are definitely Singaporeans with money to spend!

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    The Straits Times today reported a 32 year old sales executive buying TWO 3BR units on the 33rd and 39th floors. He intends to rent out both units. Wonder what he sells - insurance, property, planes, ships, tanks ???

Another person (a Public Servant) aged 35 bought a 2BR plus study pool-facing unit - he says "The prices are steep, yes, but it's COMFORTABLE with the incentives given". Wow - which govt ministry / agency does he come from ???

Maybe he is selling boats ... As we are on the topic of power of HDB upgraders, I think this story is worth reading - http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...14-339746.html

In marketing, there is no such thing as whether can or cannot sell 1700psf in Bishan, you just tell the marketing team I want to sell 1,700psf in Bishan ... and the marketing team will think of this "half landed half condo" marketing theme which plays out over the TV commercials like a piece of classical music

so obviously ppl are buying the idea of half landed half condo ... and it is a new market segment ... designer condo + half landed half condo = Sky Habitat

And I must thank them as I am vested in OCR since 2009 .... there will be a "repricing of risk upwards" and I can guarantee you that many OCR projects will sell out in no time as property agents will keep saying ... aiya Bishan already 1700psf mah ... 1000psf is cheap cheap lelong price
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Wow... 32 years old can buy 2 units... bank loan approval must also be done before committing... hmmm... unless he has other source of cold hard cash?

I already tell my son ...if you think current party will still rule for next 20-30 years, then join the Civil Service or any quasi-govt body/stat board.

Sure COMFORTABLE life...and of course, you sure will have incentive to vote accordingly. "You take of me, and I will take care of you."

Default Muted take-up rate for Capitaland's new project - DMG

DMG & Partners said the latest residential property project by Southeast Asia's largest
    property developer, CapitaLand Ltd <CATL.SI>, in Singapore's suburb of Bishan was priced
    at a lower than expected level.

The broker said the Sky Habitat project, designed by well known architect Moshe Safdie,
    was priced at between S$1,642-1,747 per square foot (psf) which was below market
    expectations of S$1,700-1,800 per square foot.

"We believe the take up for the initial project launch is somewhat below our expectations
    given the good location of the project, and the initial achieved average selling prices are
    also at the lower end of market expectations of S$1,700-S$1,800 psf," DMG said in a report.

Singapore property prices have rebounded sharply from the steep fall during the global
    financial crisis in 2009 and record low interest rates have boosted demand.

DMG maintained its neutral rating on CapitaLand with a target price of S$3.03 a share. The
    shares eased 0.3 percent to S$2.94 and have jumped about 33 percent so far this year,
    more than double the rise in the broader market <.FTSTI>.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Wow... 32 years old can buy 2 units... bank loan approval must also be done before committing... hmmm... unless he has other source of cold hard cash?
    Remember the garmen official who took a holiday in France and spent something like 30k and boasting about it in paper??

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If suburb private residential properties like Sky@Habitat in Bishan furnished with lousy tiles flooring and small pieces parquets (heard some only come with laminates) and cheap appliances can sell at >$1700 psf, isn't this already govt allowing new launch property prices to charge super high? If this is not high then what is it?
    Don't understand what you are talking about. OCR New launch Property prices cheong ah! Govt won't do a single thing about because it is in their interest? No wonder new launch so HOT!

PAP is already shaken by recent suggestion to revamp low income wages to narrow income gap, do you think government will allow property prices to continue charging ahead?

No chance lah.

COE prices are soaring because the economy is doing well and not because the Government is further slowing the growth in the vehicle population to 0.5 per cent, as that kicks in only in August, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said on Sunday

=> Replace COE with property

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    COE prices are soaring because the economy is doing well and not because the Government is further slowing the growth in the vehicle population to 0.5 per cent, as that kicks in only in August, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said on Sunday

=> Replace COE with property
    I always take what the govt says with a pinch of salt... have to consider more factors than one... any mistakes by our govt will surely have an explanation. Only last year I first time hear PAP say 'Sorry' but no more after that! Does apologizing make one look any lesser?

I also notice those who like to be interviewed when buying expensive projects for "investments" are 30-year old civil servants type - not only this project but many others. I'm beginning to think the civil service pay darn well and iron rice bowl. Really sibei haolian...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Oh forgot to add, their only actions until now is to introduce CMs that will curb resales much more than new launch so that if people want to buy, it is more favorable to buy new launch, hence new launch can sell super well, and they can continue to release and sell more land! OCR new launch cheong ah! They also huat ah!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    If suburb private residential properties like Sky@Habitat in Bishan furnished with lousy tiles flooring and small pieces parquets (heard some only come with laminates) and cheap appliances can sell at >$1700 psf, isn't this already govt allowing new launch property prices to charge super high? If this is not high then what is it?
    Don't understand what you are talking about. OCR New launch Property prices cheong ah! Govt won't do a single thing about because it is in their interest? No wonder new launch so HOT!