Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Rental yield will be low for sure going forward with new developments.
    Have a couple of friends with TOP projects in prime area but no interest so far... Must qualified that maybe the asking was too high...

Prime is no good but must be at the right location in the macro scale. Which development? Asking more than 5K for 2 bedder?
    Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    Have a couple of friends with TOP projects in prime area but no interest so far... Must qualified that maybe the asking was too high...

Reflection... Didn't ask too much.
    Back to topic... When is the launch? Just feel like going down to look see...

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    Reflection... Didn't ask too much.
    Back to topic... When is the launch? Just feel like going down to look see...
    Yeah, I think its very soon. Received sms from agent asking if I want to go preview already. Feel like going down to kay po, but dun want to be subject to those pressure tactics by agent ...

Maybe I should wait until formal launch, and hope that got a big crowd, so I can go and look see look see without attracting any agent's attention.

Will be a big crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Yeah, I think its very soon. Received sms from agent asking if I want to go preview already. Feel like going down to kay po, but dun want to be subject to those pressure tactics by agent ...

Maybe I should wait until formal launch, and hope that got a big crowd, so I can go and look see look see without attracting any agent's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    I am just assuming if a 1 bedder with 750sqft goes for 1600psf, it will have to command a rental income of around $4000 to make it worth. but with $4000 for a 1 bedder, tenant will have many choices in prime district.
    1bd for this project most likely 500 plus sqft. 750sqft probably a 2bd. The basis of ur comparism is flawed. No one is expecting a 4k for 1bd.

.. Although it's obvious all these new launches will not have great rental yield. Why ppl buying ? Ask the Punggol guys 1st.

But will ppl buy bishan 1bd+study for 800k ? Maybe CAPL should rename them all as SOHO 1st.

It will become a norm after a while. Interest rate rise will hit this group of people badly. By then, may see some sales but there will be no takers unless there are fire sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    1bd for this project most likely 500 plus sqft. 750sqft probably a 2bd. The basis of ur comparism is flawed. No one is expecting a 4k for 1bd.

.. Although it's obvious all these new launches will not have great rental yield. Why ppl buying ? Ask the Punggol guys 1st.

But will ppl buy bishan 1bd+study for 800k ? Maybe CAPL should rename them all as SOHO 1st.

I noticed most unit in this project comes with a balcony, so I am expecting a 1bedder to be bigger than 500sqft. If a 1bedder is going for 1.2m each I would expect investors will be looking at a min rental of 4.0K, which I think will be difficult in that area.

If they are indeed selling 1bd + study for 800K, I am sure those deep pocket investor will be turn off by the potential large proportion of hdb owners or upgraders.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So, they only need to pay 10% upfront (just like buying option) now, and wait till 2013 then pay the 2nd 10% (total then 20%). Wow! So easily affordable compared to paying 40% upfront due to 60% LTV if buy resale or completed units!

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    how does this affect progressive payment?
    after structural framework of mall done, then pay additional 10% for foundation work (more time to prepare cash)
    or once foundation for mall done, pay additional 10% for foundation work (less time).

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    So, they only need to pay 10% upfront (just like buying option) now, and wait till 2013 then pay the 2nd 10% (total then 20%). Wow! So easily affordable compared to paying 40% upfront due to 60% LTV if buy resale or completed units!
    The next 10% should come sooner than that. The cranes are already there.

which agent is doing this launch?

If a 1bedder is going for 1.2m each I would expect investors will be looking at a min rental of 4.0K, which I think will be difficult in that area.
    I'm very sure 1bd will not be 1.2m. so there is no need to talk about 4k for 1bd rental.

What is far more likely is 8xxk for a "SOHO" aka Studio, 1.1/2m for a 2bd, and 1.6/7m plus for a 3bd.

Do you all think the above numbers will be a sell-out ?
    ( notice I didn't fill in the size.. I think size does not matter here. The quantum does. Developer will fit in the size necessary to achieve the required margin)

(btw I think agent is ERA)

What is far more likely is 8xxk for a "SOHO" aka Studio, 1.1/2m for a 2bd, and 1.6/7m plus for a 3bd.

I vote that this price range will be a sell out...and yes...size does not matter

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I vote that this price range will be a sell out...and yes...size does not matter
    Sure anot?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Sure anot?
    if price range same as that one in ponggol ... yet design and location so much better ...sure sell like hot cakes
    they better launch quick before cm6

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    if price range same as that one in ponggol ... yet design and location so much better ...sure sell like hot cakes
    they better launch quick before cm6
    Duno leh....i dun like bishan, amk area.....hate to travel cte

The design....hmmm nid to see the showflat and model first

still got cm6? Resale px oredi dropping.....expect another px drop in mar again

Got a feeling this will be a quick sell at 1400-1500psf, the factors of new condo, mbs designer, MRT, mall, central location, good sch, etc makes this irresistible to rich upgrades which are aplently around that areas of amk, bishan, tpy, sergangoon. If centris can do 1500psf, I doubt this will be lower, so my take is this will be at ave 1600..imo

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Got a feeling this will be a quick sell at 1400-1500psf, the factors of new condo, mbs designer, MRT, mall, central location, good sch, etc makes this irresistible to rich upgrades which are aplently around that areas of amk, bishan, tpy, sergangoon. If centris can do 1500psf, I doubt this will be lower, so my take is this will be at ave 1600..imo
    Centro...not centris...

Centro so long haven sold out....which means its overpriced

1200-1500psf den can move fast.....any higher will be so so sales pace like bartley r

I'm very sure 1bd will not be 1.2m. so there is no need to talk about 4k for 1bd rental.

( notice I didn't fill in the size.. I think size does not matter here. The quantum does. Developer will fit in the size necessary to achieve the required margin)

(btw I think agent is ERA)
    i am even more sure that a 1 bedder unit will not be in the 800k region because in the recent BT article, it was mentioned that the size will range from 680-3000sqft.

@ $800k, a 680sqft unit will be price at $1180psf?? how can that be possible? you throwing smoke ar?

Designed by Moshe Safdie, the 99-year condominium project will have 509 units across two 38-storey towers. Buyers will have a choice of apartment types, namely one-bedroom-plus-study, two-bedroom, two-bedroom- plus-study, three-bedroom and four-bedroom units. Unit sizes range from 680 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft.

1Mio for 1 bedder then??

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    1Mio for 1 bedder then??
    my guess too ...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    my guess too ...
    Generous living spaces but pricey tag ah.

maybe targeting upgraders.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    1Mio for 1 bedder then??
    This is a Moshe Safdie project, so i am expecting the fittings and finishing of this project to be top notch.

i reckon $1m (1470psf) will be the base price for 1 bedder. For higher floor units, expect to pay more, perhaps in the region of $1.2m.

This is a Moshe Safdie project, so i am expecting the fittings and finishing of this project to be top notch.

i reckon $1m (1470psf) will be the base price for 1 bedder. For higher floor units, expect to pay more, perhaps in the region of $1.2m.
    I highly doubt they will have top notch fittings, e.g. d'Leedon or Interlace have mass market fittings.

$1m maybe throw in some goodies or discounts will be priced to sell. High floors they will as usual likely hold back and sell at premium.

@kane: I remember d'leedon 1bedder at 600+ sqft size with planter aka balcony is quite decent. I applaud Capitaland for not succumbing to MM sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    I highly doubt they will have top notch fittings, e.g. d'Leedon or Interlace have mass market fittings.

$1m maybe throw in some goodies or discounts will be priced to sell. High floors they will as usual likely hold back and sell at premium.

@kane: I remember d'leedon 1bedder at 600+ sqft size with planter aka balcony is quite decent. I applaud Capitaland for not succumbing to MM sizes.
    I've stayed in 1 bedder service apts where the usable space is about 600+ and it's quite liveable.

i reckon $1m (1470psf) will be the base price for 1 bedder.
    so 1M for 1bd (actually since it has a "study" it's not strictly a "1bd")
    1.4M for 2bd
    1.8M for 3bd.

acceptable ? sounds a bit high to me...

finishing most likely same as dleedon/interlace. same type of homogeneous tiles/fittings.

@kane: I have also stayed in a 600sqft apt, which has TWO (!) toilets, separate bedroom and living room. feels very spacious and nice.

1.4M for 2bd
    1.8M for 3bd.

finishing most likely same as dleedon/interlace. same type of homogeneous tiles/fittings.

@kane: I have also stayed in a 600sqft apt, which has TWO (!) toilets, separate bedroom and living room. feels very spacious and nice.
    Cheapppppppppppppp

1.4M for 2bd
    1.8M for 3bd.

when they engage Moshe Safdie to design this project, I think the intention is very clear, it will be expensive. For capitaland, they are in no hurry to clear their landbank and they are not keen in competing on price either.

Lets hope I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Centro...not centris...

Centro so long haven sold out....which means its overpriced

1200-1500psf den can move fast.....any higher will be so so sales pace like bartley r
    yes, Centro residences...sold to date 268 out of 329, not too bad at 82%. in terms of location, being on the same NS MRT, Sky Habitat is nearer to town than Centro...so i think 1600psf is still attractive.