Thread: Khaw asks CEA to 'press ahead' on several fronts

Default Khaw asks CEA to 'press ahead' on several fronts

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...75636,00.html?

January 30, 2012, 3.39 pm (Singapore time)

Khaw asks CEA to 'press ahead' on several fronts

By CARINE LEE

Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan on Monday said that he has asked the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) to 'press ahead' on several fronts.

First, he said, is to see how the Estate Agency Work Regulations can be further refined.

Second is to improve on industry development, especially in Continuing Professional Development and ethics.

Third, to do more on consumer education so that consumers know their rights and responsibilities, and how to conduct sale/purchase transactions with due diligence.

Fourth, to continue to consult and address the industry's concerns.

Life of an agent likely to get tougher with more regulations, controls, continuous education and upgrading of skills to maintain licence which I suspect since KBW has spoken. Mayb good to weed out those bad apples and elevate the professional...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Life of an agent likely to get tougher with more regulations, controls, continuous education and upgrading of skills to maintain licence which I suspect since KBW has spoken. Mayb good to weed out those bad apples and elevate the professional...
    I think it is a move in the right direction.

The kind of money involved in property transactions are in millions. We have become so desensitised that we are blase about the large numbers. It is about time the industry demands more professionalism.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I think it is a move in the right direction.

The kind of money involved in property transactions are in millions. We have become so desensitised that we are blase about the large numbers. It is about time the industry demands more professionalism.
    why focus only on agents?
    whatever happened to guidelines for developers? showflat misrepresentation? pricelist to be released 2 days before launch date? been months and months.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    why focus only on agents?
    whatever happened to guidelines for developers? showflat misrepresentation? pricelist to be released 2 days before launch date? been months and months.
    It is an industry shake-up, I don't think it is focused on the agents alone.