Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Plaza - A Mismanaged Mall by Koh Brothers

Exclamation Sun Plaza - A Mismanaged Mall by Koh Brothers

I think Sun Plaza in Sembawang is one of the most mismanaged malls in Singapore.

It's long due for at the bare minimum a new coat of paint and polishing of its tiles.

A decent makeover should at least be planned.

But given that it is under Koh Brothers and not Frasers or Capitaland, nothing will be done.

KBW! Do something for the Sembawang residents! At least have a decent mall for Sembawang MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    I think Sun Plaza in Sembawang is one of the most mismanaged malls in Singapore.

It's long due for at the bare minimum a new coat of paint and polishing of its tiles.

But given that it is under Koh Brothers and not Frasers or Capitaland, nothing will be done.

KBW! Do something for the Sembawang residents! At least have a decent mall for Sembawang MRT.
    yah i hope you all northerners get something like I12 Katong - the makeover now Katong is a very huat area. Huat ah! Yay!

I rather concern on the price of merchandiser than appearance

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    I rather concern on the price of merchandiser than appearance
    Don't think prices of goods in the mall are any cheaper there than anywhere else.

Keeping the place clean, walls clean is the bare minimum.

Lighting also need to redo, place looks dim even in the mall.

Eco saving (dimmed lights) shouldn't be at expense of patrons eyes.

Northpoint, Causeway Point upgraded. Even Yishun Hub is rejuvenated.

What is Koh Brothers doing? Come on. Sell Sun Plaza and focus on your construction business.

Don't think prices of goods in the mall are any cheaper there than anywhere else.

Keeping the place clean, walls clean is the bare minimum.

Lighting also need to redo, place looks dim even in the mall.

Eco saving (dimmed lights) shouldn't be at expense of patrons eyes.

Northpoint, Causeway Point upgraded. Even Yishun Hub is rejuvenated.

What is Koh Brothers doing? Come on. Sell Sun Plaza and focus on your construction business.
    Landlord will look into their income first. "Giving back" is another thing. Koh Bro unlike Big Boys Fraser, CMA etc.

Even SSC also upgraded.

Sun Plaza is actually a great residence - next to MRT and on top of mall.

Too bad the condition of the mall kept prices depressed, else this has potential to go past 1k psf.

But it really depends if they want to spend money for an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

Too bad the condition of the mall kept prices depressed, else this has potential to go past 1k psf.

Again..it's thge same thing with Sim Lim Sq, Paradise Cente(or is it called Parklane) and Far East Plaza..
    The shop lots are owned by individual owners.

Life lobbies need repainting work, doors need repainting as well.

How much does it cost to paint anyway?

Displite that , the rental demand is very high. Owner don have difficulty renting any time..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Again..it's thge same thing with Sim Lim Sq, Paradise Cente(or is it called Parklane) and Far East Plaza..
    The shop lots are owned by individual owners.
    is that true? I read somewhere is owned by family taycoon and collecting rental, only the apartment are sold to individuals.
    Not too long ago, there was an acquisition talk but did not fall true.

Guess they dont need the $ and waiting for the golden hen to hatch.

The apartment can be rented out easily with good rental yield. I once was keen in this too.

Dose e movies theatre still closed ?

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Dose e movies theatre still closed ?
    yes for years!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    yes for years!
    cos of you know what

yes for years!
    and years to come..

is that true? I read somewhere is owned by family taycoon and collecting rental, only the apartment are sold to individuals.

The apartment can be rented out easily with good rental yield. I once was keen in this too.
    now the rental of 1300 sf, 3 bedder, partial furnish is asking about $3.5 k...

Paisay... never read properly... SunShine Plaza... not Sun Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Paisay... never read properly... SunShine Plaza... not Sun Plaza
    all forumers will benefit from us. :-) who is the developer for sunshine plaza?
    koh brothers?

cos of you know what
    I don't know what......pray enlighten me........

all forumers will benefit from us. :-) who is the developer for sunshine plaza?
    koh brothers?
    Sun Plaza is Koh Brothers.

Sunshine Plaza not sure but retail tenants geared to NAFA students.

In fact the whole Sembawang area is the worst development as compared to other new town, no swimiming pool, no sport centre.... even woodland is better than Sembawang now. No wonder the HDB price for Sembawang area is the cheapest in Singapore. HDB, MP wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by mlvlee
    In fact the whole Sembawang area is the worst development as compared to other new town, no swimiming pool, no sport centre.... even woodland is better than Sembawang now. No wonder the HDB price for Sembawang area is the cheapest in Singapore. HDB, MP wake up!
    Go for meet the people session as KBW is there. Press hard for it. The $500 mil to upgrade SBW.

The proposed Recreational Ctr is opposite Nautical where the showflat is now.

Also Solsys also mentioned abt Sun Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Go for meet the people session as KBW is there. Press hard for it. The $500 mil to upgrade SBW.

The proposed Recreational Ctr is opposite Nautical where the showflat is now.

Also Solsys also mentioned abt Sun Plaza.
    I remember emailing to the Sembawang GRC sometime ago,

Excerpt from KBW's representative reply to the $500 million for Sembawang GRC replied recently.......

The bulk of $500 million consists of the various upgrading programmes such as the Home Improvement Programme (HIP), Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) and Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP), for the public housing in our town. *

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

We will progressively inform residents through our quarterly newsletter – Hearttalk. Meanwhile, we have featured an article on the upgrading of Sembawang Park (Page 16-17) in our latest issue of Hearttalk

------------------

S$500 million just to upgrade HDB, park, school, mosque, police station?

I think North needs another hawker centre other than Chong Pang.

As what bro mvlee mentioned, need swimming pool.

If MP for Sembawang GRC is smart.... they should do series of weekly events, i.e.

1. EAT LUNCH - Build a hawker centre, next to Sun Plaza (the bus interchange is also dead quiet, come on.... make us of this land.)

2. SHOP - Create a Flea market (choose from a empty piece of land or carpark that Woodlands, Yishun doesn't have.

3. EAT DINNER - Create a series of nice cafes at Sembawang Park (Upgrade without any food is useless)

4. Make it a pitstop for a day of leisure for Singaporeans.

Rustic but filled with activities should be the mission.

Now it's rustic and nothing else.....At least make it worthwhile for young couples to have a romp. More babies, why not?

Even most activities revolve between Yishun, Woodlands, i.e. Gambas and Seletar Airport stretch...

USE YOUR BRAIN MPs!

We expect more from you especially we are paying so much for your salary!
    Last edited by solsys; 05-02-12 at 11:51.

meaning still hopeless for the big changes in sembawang even though KBW is the boss of MND...

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    meaning still hopeless for the big changes in sembawang even though KBW is the boss of MND...
    Most of the activity will happen in the town ctr. By looking at the available land for development at the town ctr, Sembawang & CCK have the smallest plot. Unless some changes to the next masterplan, otherwise very limited. After Sembwang Rd shuld be ok (nearer to SSC)

Yishun, Punggol (excluding Waterpt) & Bishan (junction 8) will have another shopping mall. Opp Tenah Merah mrt will also has one. Dun be surprise a Hillier type of project near Yishun Sapphire.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Most of the activity will happen in the town ctr. By looking at the available land for development at the town ctr, Sembawang & CCK have the smallest plot. Unless some changes to the next masterplan, otherwise very limited. After Sembwang Rd shuld be ok (nearer to SSC)

Yishun, Punggol (excluding Waterpt) & Bishan (junction 8) will have another shopping mall. Opp Tenah Merah mrt will also has one. Dun be surprise a Hillier type of project near Yishun Sapphire.

True that about the large plot area of SSC land parcel.. just went there yesterday and the land clearing activity is in progress just behind the CR and Nautical.. the road connecting the YS and YE to CR will be very near in the future.. the land beside the track was also cleared already.. maybe in 4-6 years time the "NS12 Simpang" MRT will be announced?

True that about the large plot area of SSC land parcel.. just went there yesterday and the land clearing activity is in progress just behind the CR and Nautical.. the road connecting the YS and YE to CR will be very near in the future.. the land beside the track was also cleared already.. maybe in 4-6 years time the "NS12 Simpang" MRT will be announced?
    After 16 years of development in Sembawang area. We have the run down Sun Plaza mall, poorly connecting bus interchange (DEPOT?), NO town centre, NO Sport recreational centre, lousy inconvenience wet market, no full banking service counter (Except tiny OCBC bank)... and the old folk home to be built besides the HDB blocks! Looks like MND pay more attention on Punggol area.....so much development there!

After 16 years of development in Sembawang area. We have the run down Sun Plaza mall, poorly connecting bus interchange (DEPOT?), NO town centre, NO Sport recreational centre, lousy inconvenience wet market, no full banking service counter (Except tiny OCBC bank)... and the old folk home to be built besides the HDB blocks! Looks like MND pay more attention on Punggol area.....so much development there!

looking back the history... President Tony Tan was the sembawang MP... now KBW is the sembawang MP.. i think the sembawang ppl should really make more noise why they are left behind all the developments in sg..

Most activities are in Yishun, Woodlands when it comes to ammenities.

I think Sembawang should have a concrete plan instead of just upgrading park and HDB, I.e. a rustic and fun town.

If Tony Tan is now President and former MP for Sembawang, he should do something.

No PC in Sembawang estate.

Sengkang, CCK, Punggol, Woodlands everywhere got PC, only Sembawang.

Facilities, IMO, should be built concurrently with the housing developmt.

cannot be so obvious. wait for a few more years then Sembawang will have 3 MRT stations, just like MBT and Tampines.