Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today buy decent condo...NO 1 million No talk..

Default Today buy decent condo...NO 1 million No talk..

Hmm...seems like thats the norm for 3 bedder family unit...DECENT liveable size in DECENT liveable area..........

NOT talking about EC that one play cheat...

What is decent? Bishan is decent to me but that one is way above $1mil. Kovan is decent too and Kovan Residences and most 3 bedder units in that area is also above $1mil. Actually in housing terms, $1mil for a 3 bedder PC is getting rare in such locations and its not even RCR. A 2 bedder is quickly pressing in on that $1mil mark already in most places... Maybe a $1mil 3 bedder is more readily available in the outskirts of the land like Yishun, Sembawang and Woodlands? Not even Punggol is spared the expensive accomodations with WT and the likes... sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Hmm...seems like thats the norm for 3 bedder family unit...DECENT liveable size in DECENT liveable area..........

Ya lor....like as though playing monopoly.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

....lots of 5rm hdb already hit >700K... you still think 1mil very big meh...

It was only in 2009....3 bedroom over 1200sqft size caspian 720k, double bay res 770k, rosewood suites 700k, 8@woodleigh 800k, waterfront waves 750k.

Now no 1 mil no talk unless is those 8xx- 9xx sqft "compact" 3 bedders about 800k.

feel very sorry for next generation with NO family financial backing....its a long long road to owning a condo....

feel very sorry for next generation with NO family financial backing....its a long long road to owning a condo....
    So apply for BTO first lah.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    So apply for BTO first lah.
    yup but you know what i mean...the road is very very long and winding unlike the older generations.......decent hdb today 400 to 500k my time was less than 100k and that was not too long ago...

yup but you know what i mean...the road is very very long and winding unlike the older generations.......decent hdb today 400 to 500k my time was less than 100k and that was not too long ago...
    Ya BTO stay for 5 years then EC stay for another 5 years then maybe upgrade to condo at the end, so like minimum take 10 years to reach condo status.
    Then when parents conk out, inherit the landed property?

Short cuts need not necessarily be good for young people either. The problem with many youths today is their demand for things at super speed, from internet to movie scenes or even rate of changing gf/bf. Getting their dream home too fast might not be that wise if its not coupled with a proper education on financial management or even managing societal recognition that comes with the types of properties they own.

Ya BTO stay for 5 years then EC stay for another 5 years then maybe upgrade to condo at the end, so like minimum take 10 years to reach condo status.
    Then when parents conk out, inherit the landed property?
    He was referring to those who have no parent's financial backing. If parents are staying in landed, then more or less also have a bit of backing already.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    He was referring to those who have no parent's financial backing. If parents are staying in landed, then more or less also have a bit of backing already.
    Actually even those who have some form of backing should apply BTO and enjoy the 1st timer grant.
    Actually BTO is very nice nowadays.
    It looks so high class compared to the HDB of the old days.

So when kids are still toddlers, stay in HDB, later when they grow up and like to play in the neighbourhood or swim, then stay in EC or condo.

but u have to consider the salary at that time. 100K HDB salary avg $2-3K combine salary.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    but u have to consider the salary at that time. 100K HDB salary avg $2-3K combine salary.
    He's probably suggesting that the rise in salary is slower than the rise in property prices therefore its become increasingly more demanding to own a property in Singapore, less multiple properties... Like you rightly pointed out, combined salary then was probably about $3k vs $100k HDB flat. Today, combined salary is about $9k (3 fold increase) vs $400k HDB flat (4 fold increase).

Actually even those who have some form of backing should apply BTO and enjoy the 1st timer grant.
    Actually BTO is very nice nowadays.
    It looks so high class compared to the HDB of the old days.

So when kids are still toddlers, stay in HDB, later when they grow up and like to play in the neighbourhood or swim, then stay in EC or condo.
    Yes... agreed... get BTO where possible. Well, I know of couples with combined income exceeding $12k so no chance at all... anyway they probably should just let those who earn less that much needed opportunity to own a home.

10 yrs ago 1M can get FH semi-D

What is decent? Bishan is decent to me but that one is way above $1mil. Kovan is decent too and Kovan Residences and most 3 bedder units in that area is also above $1mil. Actually in housing terms, $1mil for a 3 bedder PC is getting rare in such locations and its not even RCR. A 2 bedder is quickly pressing in on that $1mil mark already in most places... Maybe a $1mil 3 bedder is more readily available in the outskirts of the land like Yishun, Sembawang and Woodlands? Not even Punggol is spared the expensive accomodations with WT and the likes... sigh!
    Got in kovan, parc vera lor..

Short cuts need not necessarily be good for young people either. The problem with many youths today is their demand for things at super speed, from internet to movie scenes or even rate of changing gf/bf. Getting their dream home too fast might not be that wise if its not coupled with a proper education on financial management or even managing societal recognition that comes with the types of properties they own.
    not to mention MARITAL problems along the way.......nowadays woman more demanding....

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    not to mention old days a lot more IRON RICE bowl jobs compared to society today where u have to fight tooth and nail with all the FT....

Looks like Hillview area still under value as compare to Hiller just diagonal across.

Can share yr view why the take up rate is low ?

Civil servant job less contract ones, professor tenure till 65, etc.
    not to mention old days a lot more IRON RICE bowl jobs compared to society today where u have to fight tooth and nail with all the FT....

3 bed is like 2million onward...

If you recall those days, PC only located at prime area and
    only for those super rich. Maybe only the top 10% to 20%
    can own.

Actually if you think of it private condo is no more that private. I have seen some condos sited just metres away from HDB. But people are willing to pay mils just to fulfil the good feeling to be among the top 20%.
    Does it worth that much in actual fact?

My personal feel, in time to come, the gap between prime & ocr will not be much different. So no point buy so high. Most important must be FH.

In land scarce singapore price will only continue to rise if people are still streaming in and economy is doing well.

no need to be sorry lah.

you think the housing price will stay high forever meh? I think they will have their chance also during a downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    no need to be sorry lah.

you think the housing price will stay high forever meh? I think they will have their chance also during a downturn.
    i feel sorry for those that buy HIGH....

It is not price high it is just that money are getting smaller & smaller.
    Condos also now getting more crampy inorder to maintain the affordable price. Today ST tells all.

i feel sorry for those that buy HIGH....
    you feeling sorry for our generation or next generation? I am confused lah...

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    you feeling sorry for our generation or next generation? I am confused lah...
    Depends on which generation you belong to.
    I think he is referring to Gen Z?

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Got in kovan, parc vera lor..
    Yes... these are really rare ones... as a general rule of thumb, decent locations with decent sized 3 bedders at $1mil is becoming rare...

Depends on which generation you belong to.
    I think he is referring to Gen Z?
    cannot be Gen Z as those people have not bought anything yet. you are as confused as I