Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: East Village @ Bedok Walk (D16, Freehold, World Class Land)

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I used to stay at 1 of the semi-d just next to this development when i was a kid and i take at most 10mins to walk to the mrt station every morning.
    like i said,every individual move at different speed...whether 5mins or 20mins is not the issue.
    bottom line is its far from the mrt station...

Any news if there is any commercial development beside the Tanah Merah Mrt station? According to URA master plan, there should be a plot for commercial just outside the mrt station.

OMG, there goes the neighbourhood if Sheng Shiong sets up shop there

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    u are absolutely right! short cut or not also not much different,u still have to walk through the neighbourhood..
    for supermarket either sheng siong or ntuc will be interested..
    marketplace or cold storage wont venture there lah!

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    like i said,every individual move at different speed...whether 5mins or 20mins is not the issue.
    bottom line is its far from the mrt station...
    yuupy the scienitfic method is called distance, not by how fast person A or B takes. 400m or shorter will be excellent!

Hi guys. Do you think it is a good investment to pay between 560k and 600k for a MM unit of 409sqft?

I am considering to buy and as the TOP is June 2014, I am hoping to be able to rent it out soon.

Btw, launch is on 17th March.

Appreciate your expert opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk
    Hi guys. Do you think it is a good investment to pay between 560k and 600k for a MM unit of 409sqft?

I am considering to buy and as the TOP is June 2014, I am hoping to be able to rent it out soon.

My opinion is if you are buying for investment, then buy MM unit that TOP this year. Don't wait until 2014. Unless you like this ptoject.

I think the launch price will be higher than this

Optima should TOP soon.

Nearer to MRT but LH.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I think the launch price will be higher than this
    Should be this range...as assured to me by the marketing agents. I should get the definite price the day before the launch. However, will prospective tenants like the mixed development? As mentioned in the earlier postings, mrt is around 10 mins walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Stone Stone
    My opinion is if you are buying for investment, then buy MM unit that TOP this year. Don't wait until 2014. Unless you like this ptoject.
    Thanks for the advice. I am neutral. It's just that for a FH apartment, I believe the price is comparable to other 99LH studios.. maybe just a bit more ex..

One word. NO.

Should be this range...as assured to me by the marketing agents. I should get the definite price the day before the launch. However, will prospective tenants like the mixed development? As mentioned in the earlier postings, mrt is around 10 mins walk.
    10 mins walk is just 1 concern. 10 mins walk to tanah merah is the other. if its 10 mins walk to paya lebar mrt / tanjong pagar thats different.

should not be marketed as being near mrt cos its too far away...
    whether u walk through the landed properties or u call it shortcut doesnt make any difference at all..my colleague lives in palmwoods opposite eastvillage n he doesnt take d mrt cos he said its too far..

definitely not worth it at this psf price range..

I think this place is unique in D16.

Not that bad la.

Freehold & acess to shops at ground floor so no need to climb like the 'bedok shopping centre' (This is impt if u ask me cos people like visibility & attracted to aircon premises)

Public parking just outside, so will attract alot of afternn lunch crowd for the shops (that is if u r investing) Lunch time cp is pretty free.

Night time the place turns into a dinning inferno crowd, packed but its good as that is the character of this place.

Residents will enjoy the attention once the developer (world class land) cherry picks the anchor F&B tenants as well as supermarket 'brand'

All in all, the place shd b for someone who wants some exclusive touch in a private estate away from the buZz of bedok town.

Got a buddy doing this project. Anyone wans to know more PM me.

*My relative stay nearby so I know the place pretty well.

Ya, I find the place there quite nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Ya, I find the place there quite nice too.
    There is also a concept eatery place along upper changi rd. 'picardy gardens'? Got nice chicken rice, thai food, chinese seafood etc etc.

Pretty lifestyle & nice.

I am going to book my agent friend to bring me for property launch. hehe.. kaypoh abit... (he say developer got give discount for vip launch wo)

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    There is also a concept eatery place along upper changi rd. 'picardy gardens'? Got nice chicken rice, thai food, chinese seafood etc etc.

Pretty lifestyle & nice.

I am going to book my agent friend to bring me for property launch. hehe.. kaypoh abit... (he say developer got give discount for vip launch wo)
    The famous Tian Tian chicken rice from Maxwell road has a branch near there.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Tian tian... Yummy

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    YES! thats the one.. i only know the signboard is blue color.. hahaha..

I only know how to eat nia...

Residents will enjoy the attention once the developer (world class land) cherry picks the anchor F&B tenants as well as supermarket 'brand'
    The commercial units and shop are for sale? If yes, AVIOD the resi above.

Once the shops are sold, there no control of the tenant mix anymore. Think city plaza and lucky plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Once the shops are sold, there no control of the tenant mix anymore. Think city plaza and lucky plaza.
    Yes shops for sale, and plenty of very small units. ; )

YES! thats the one.. i only know the signboard is blue color.. hahaha..

I only know how to eat nia...

There also have a famous Jalan Tua Kong Ah Lim fishball Noodles very nice. But quite EX.

There also have a famous Jalan Tua Kong Ah Lim fishball Noodles very nice. But quite EX.
    wa lao.. stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hungry liao.. keep thinking of their chilli sauce... slurpppp

Just had it for lunch yesterday.

Find it too salty leh. Both the noodles and the soup

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Just had it for lunch yesterday.

Find it too salty leh. Both the noodles and the soup
    Quality can be inconsistent when the assistant cook, instead of the boss... That place has lost theor personal touch now and running like a commercial entity.

The concept is not new. Look at Siglap side few projects there. Siglap v, crescendo , Siglap center etc. I donno i feel the project with malls n restaurants below appear rundown. Went to see a unit before with a Indian Resturant below. Feel like I m in India smelling the spices n curry. M sure if air dry the cloths going to be spicy

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    The concept is not new. Look at Siglap side few projects there. Siglap v, crescendo , Siglap center etc. I donno i feel the project with malls n restaurants below appear rundown. Went to see a unit before with a Indian Resturant below. Feel like I m in India smelling the spices n curry. M sure if air dry the cloths going to be spicy
    Race Course 138. Muthu's Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Race Course 138. Muthu's Curry.
    on the bright side. everyday can have prata for breakfast.

Worse still are massage parlours and sleazy KTVs....

Quote Originally Posted by sh

I still prefer the original Lau Lim. The two stalls at Simpang Bedok are copycats. The boss of the Lau Lim in Simpang Bedok was a worker for the original Lau Lim but paid the older man a sum of money to use the "Lau Lim" name.

The original Lau Lim's stall is called 132 Kway Teow Mee. They have sinced moved to Blk 59 Marine Terrace, the old Lau Lim's wife does do the cooking now. Their chilli is super hot and may not suit the younger generation's taste. Also the queue is still super long, partly bcoz they are slow and also unlike Simpang Bedok, they are less organised.

I still like it bcoz there is a lot of originality in their taste, very old school and less refined. This is unlike those monotonous flavours that you taste in all the food courts mainly cooked by the Ah Tiongs.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    Quality can be inconsistent when the assistant cook, instead of the boss... That place has lost theor personal touch now and running like a commercial entity.