Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: East Village @ Bedok Walk (D16, Freehold, World Class Land)

Default East Village @ Bedok Walk (D16, Freehold, World Class Land)

Any comments on this holland village wannabe? Quite near to tanah merah mrt.

http://www.eastvillage.com.sg/

The floor plan is exactly the same as Parc Rosewood!

Quite a long walk to Tanah Merah MRT

Same developer mah

Layout not bad , and got bomb shelter....squarish

hopefully this development will change the current landscape of simpang bedok.

night-time, this area is basically a mat rock gathering place.

And how will this change the feel of the place?
    It'll be a mat rock bikers hang-out with a new condo in the landscape...nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    hopefully this development will change the current landscape of simpang bedok.

night-time, this area is basically a mat rock gathering place.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    And how will this change the feel of the place?
    It'll be a mat rock bikers hang-out with a new condo in the landscape...nothing more.
    Mat rock condo?? How about a Jo Jo Jam Studio as part of the facilities...

We should be 'equal-opportunity' ...we got condos on Meyer catering to Indian, and some catering to the mei-meis, so why not to the iconic Mat Rockers? Let them have Simpang Bedok ...it was their land in the first place...motorcycles sounds or curry smells or the visual delights of the China meimei?? Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Mat rock condo?? How about a Jo Jo Jam Studio as part of the facilities...

We should be 'equal-opportunity' ...we got condos on Meyer catering to Indian, and some catering to the mei-meis, so why not to the iconic Mat Rockers? Let them have Simpang Bedok ...it was their land in the first place...motorcycles sounds or curry smells or the visual delights of the China meimei?? Take your pick.
    Sorry whenever i see you nick i thought i saw gnn kekeke. You seemed to be speak of little india and geylang in the latter two areas. Right? I remember once i viewed a project right on top of Muthu Curry... Really got the smell all the time man. Power... Plus unit opposite got one indian man clad only in sarong walking around in his unit... But it was really cheap. Below 1k psf for MM at race course road. Now where to find...

There is certainly potential for growth.

I think the Simpang Bedok "Shopping Centre" ie. the structure that houses Shop and Save supermart belongs to FEO. Currently about 90% of the hawker stalls above it are vacant. A major revamp which looks forthcoming will certainly transform the whole place.

Even as it is now although the whole place is generally quite run-down, there are some pretty hip restaurants in the area.

My only complaint is that the MRT is a bit far to walk. Plus there is a big Thai temple behind the plot (no offence to our Thai Buddhist memebers)

Even geylang now hard to find below 1k...
    Sights, smells and sounds ...all part of buying location, location, location.

Sorry whenever i see you nick i thought i saw gnn kekeke. You seemed to be speak of little india and geylang in the latter two areas. Right? I remember once i viewed a project right on top of Muthu Curry... Really got the smell all the time man. Power... Plus unit opposite got one indian man clad only in sarong walking around in his unit... But it was really cheap. Below 1k psf for MM at race course road. Now where to find...

Even geylang now hard to find below 1k...
    Sights, smells and sounds ...all part of buying location, location, location.
    Really 色香位 位置的位

One of my agent friends alerted me on this project.
    Last weekend went to recce as quite familiar with this area but didnt think there was a piece of land big enough to have a sizeable project like this.

Anyway, found the place.
    Location-wise, it is not really accessible for MRT, nearest is Tanah Merah and that's a fine walk, I'm not sure how they claim its 10mins...maybe my walking speed is suspect.

Surrounding areas quite mature with predominantly landed, private condos, shophouses and further on, some warehouses and factories.
    There's also Anglican High School up a small slope.
    Lots and lots of eateries in those old shophouses, some look to have been there for ages.
    Generally a pretty nice place, location-wise.

As for this project, its next to a T junction and for some units towards the inner side, they could be facing a big golden temple, think its a Thai buddhist temple (?).
    This seems a pretty popular temple, so this place could get pretty congested during festivities and not much parking options.

Not sure if fengshui-wise this is a good thing as the temple is situated high ground, while the development is on lower ground sloping downwards to the main road - looks kinda 'bearing' down heavily on the development...

It's definitely a mat rock type of place, casual, laidback ambience, with lots of malay and indian muslim kinda food and especially at night, it can be quite nice and relaxing having alfresco teh tarik and rotis.

Not sure how the new development will market itself but can see that it has some potential if the developer can do a nice concept.

This place needs to a major rejuvenation as it is quite lost in the woods out there yet quaint in a nice way.

For own stay probably quite nice.
    For rental, dont think it can compete with all those new condos coming up right next to Tanah Merah MRT.

For retail, think it is 50-50, depending on the pricing and how it will be marketed in future.

Anyone has idea how much asking psf for residential and commercial?

There are groups of harley davidsons bikers who frequent the nearby coffeeshop...
    Ppty buyers would have to live with the noise; i.e. harley davidsons revving past every night... unless you are bikes enthusiast lor...

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    There are groups of harley davidsons bikers who frequent the nearby coffeeshop...
    Ppty buyers would have to live with the noise; i.e. harley davidsons revving past every night... unless you are bikes enthusiast lor...
    Between kids who scream at top of their lungs for half an hour to one hour everyday and this which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    One of my agent friends alerted me on this project.
    Last weekend went to recce as quite familiar with this area but didnt think there was a piece of land big enough to have a sizeable project like this.

It's definitely a mat rock type of place, casual, laidback ambience, with lots of malay and indian muslim kinda food and especially at night, it can be quite nice and relaxing having alfresco teh tarik and rotis.
    Theres a reason why is East Village and not East Suites or Grandeur right. Village... Kampung ma. After the teh and satay just balik kampung! But oh my what a high psf kampung...

Nice... ....

Theres a reason why is East Village and not East Suites or Grandeur right. Village... Kampung ma. After the teh and satay just balik kampung! But oh my what a high psf kampung...

Nice... ....
    Looking at this thread subject... Even more obvious. Kampung... Bedok... Jalan... How more Mat can you be.

Hehe, if I didnt believe otherwise, I'd thought you were doing your damnest to talk down this project, to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Hehe, if I didnt believe otherwise, I'd thought you were doing your damnest to talk down this project, to your advantage.

Eh what otherwise you believing? Just giving my critical 2c worth... That being 10pct and the other 90pct is bo liao bored

How about getting a shop unit there, would there be human traffic there to support business?

I think it would be challenging. The shops in Simpang Bedok are'nt doing very well... many have converted to eating places instead. Even the 24hr Shop n Save business is only marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    How about getting a shop unit there, would there be human traffic there to support business?

commercial psf is too high. residential is better

They should consolidate all the special or rare finds in Bedok/Changi area here... Eg botak jones from Bedok north, big ben from opera estate, jacobs grill from changi village, chin lee from Bedok north, different taste from frankel, the beef noodles from tua kong... Ye lai xiang cheng teng from Bedok road hawker, Etcetc then this will be one hard to beat foodie haven.

i find the shop space too small and longish.

They should consolidate all the special or rare finds in Bedok/Changi area here... Eg botak jones from Bedok north, big ben from opera estate, jacobs grill from changi village, chin lee from Bedok north, different taste from frankel, the beef noodles from tua kong... Ye lai xiang cheng teng from Bedok road hawker, Etcetc then this will be one hard to beat foodie haven.
    That would be great !!!

Simpang Bedok if re-developed would be a great location to house all this.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    That would be great !!!

Simpang Bedok if re-developed would be a great location to house all this.
    Ya man. Almost salivating as i was typing...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    There is certainly potential for growth.

I think the Simpang Bedok "Shopping Centre" ie. the structure that houses Shop and Save supermart belongs to FEO. Currently about 90% of the hawker stalls above it are vacant. A major revamp which looks forthcoming will certainly transform the whole place.

Even as it is now although the whole place is generally quite run-down, there are some pretty hip restaurants in the area.

My only complaint is that the MRT is a bit far to walk. Plus there is a big Thai temple behind the plot (no offence to our Thai Buddhist mthey may convert members)
    I agree that the Simpang "Bedok Shopping Centre" hawker stalls upstairs is not operating at its full speed. Most of the stalls there are not open or only opened half day. I suspect an upgrade of Bedok Shopping Centre is on the way or a facelift to convert this into a commercial cum residential since it is owned by FEO. The hawker stalls should have more Chinese food stalls to offset the Mat effect in the Simpang area. Something like Chomp Chomp in Serangoon Gardens or Holland V would be nice.

Also with the new East Village at Bedok development,this place may transform into the Holland Village of the East. In fact the developer, MCL is marketing East Village as the Holland Village of the East.
    If you look at the spread of shops for this oproject http://www.eastvillage.com.sg/commercial.html ,it has a good spread of total 107 shops and 1 supermarket likely "Market Place" or Cold Storage which would totally change the landscape of this area and neutralize the Mat effect in that area. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Actually I think the Malay prominence actually invigorated the area.... otherwise the place would have "died" a long time ago. There is an interesting mix of restaurants there. Some of the Zhi Cha that was originally operating hawker stalls above Shop n save have moved down to the shophouses below.On the Jalan Pari Burong side there is also an electic mix of restaurants and pubs

And the crowds are generally peaceful ... perhaps bcoz no alcohol is served?

One thing they have to solve is the parking though....