Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ONLY thing that will KILL property prices is...

Default The ONLY thing that will KILL property prices is...

INTEREST RATES....ha ha govt try everything NO EFFECT...who got money just buy....see govt policy NO up....

Only thing left is surge in interest rates.....

$1 Million 30 year loan at 1.5% interest...MOnthly=$3451..NO PROBLEM

$1 Million 30 year loan at 3.5% Interest..Monthly=$4490...Ouch....

$1 Million 30 year loan at 7% (DONT LAUGH MY SISTER IN MELBOURNE IS PAYING THIS FOR HER PROPERTY).....Monthly = $6653....

ha ha but not likely to happen unless you see a KANGAROO in your backyard....

Yah borrow money is so cheap now. Buy Buy Buy!

When everybody is all tied up with loans, a spike in interest rates will cause another financial disaster.

By the time interest rates hit 3%, you can start looking for a smaller unit to stay. Try not to sell the bigger unit... rent it out coz chances of fetching a good price when interest rates go up is quite rare... use the rent to pay the mortgage.

By the time interest rates hit 4%, its time to sell to cut losses... Difficult to get rental to cover mortgage payment... unless you have holding power to tide through the cycle and wait for prices to go up again!

So when is 4% coming? Now its < 1.5% still. SIBOR preferred?

yup i also say....like that may hay while the SUN shine....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yup i also say....like that may hay while the SUN shine....
    With the SSD, even when the sun stops shinning also cannot escape... sigh! Property has indeed become less attractive as an investment portfolio...

Default FX and Interest Rate

Well, you can only control either FX rate or interest rate.
    Singapore has decided to control FX rate, so SGD will be ensured to have the right value.
    If we want to control the interest rate at the same time, we will get flooding of money coming here to earn higher interest rates (and stable FX rate).

So ironically, if the gov forces the rates to go up, more money will come, and the property price will go UP.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    With the SSD, even when the sun stops shinning also cannot escape... sigh! Property has indeed become less attractive as an investment portfolio...
    yup too many people thinking alike thats the problem...everybody want to hoot property and HUAT BIG BIG...just like the share mkt...ONLY the strong will survive...

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    So ironically, if the gov forces the rates to go up, more money will come, and the property price will go UP.
    So our government uses CM to tame the pty mkt......

Default Increase downpayment for 1st property

Just increase the downpayment for 1st property to 30% (like what is happening in HK), and enforce 40% upfront downpayment for 2nd property on NEW projects should cool the property market. (Mainly the new launches, resale is already bad enough.)

Thanks,
    Richard

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

umm... what me small fish thinking hor... interest rate sibor will not go up to 3% lah... bcoz usa and europe financial systems will crash into level ground flat-flat at that interest rate... hmm... sounds like me small fish also stronger than those angmoh banks,... at least me could tahan 4-5% sibor...

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Just increase the downpayment for 1st property to 30% (like what is happening in HK), and enforce 40% upfront downpayment for 2nd property on NEW projects should cool the property market. (Mainly the new launches, resale is already bad enough.)

Thanks,
    Richard
    40% downpayment favors the banks... no problem with mortgage loan already... But then more investors will be squeezed out of the market...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    umm... what me small fish thinking hor... interest rate sibor will not go up to 3% lah... bcoz usa and europe financial systems will crash into level ground flat-flat at that interest rate... hmm... sounds like me small fish also stronger than those angmoh banks,... at least me could tahan 4-5% sibor...
    Will this force banks using SOR to consider SIBOR or board rates?

Will this force banks using SOR to consider SIBOR or board rates?
    Already happened right... Ocbc no more SORe since months back.

yup too many people thinking alike thats the problem...everybody want to hoot property and HUAT BIG BIG...just like the share mkt...ONLY the strong will survive...
    Capitalist society is like a ponzi... When those who from 'have not' turn into the 'haves' increases in numbers at an alarming rate, its time for govt to protect the elites by dishing out more measures to maintain the social balance...

radha08 u r not getting cold feet r u ? I understand u r renting and looking to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    radha08 u r not getting cold feet r u ? I understand u r renting and looking to buy...
    NOT at all...feet are nice and warm....got a fully paid 4rm generating rental for me to offset 2/3rd rental for my 4k sq feet semi-D in siglap...sitting On good capital gains from my recently sold condo in pasir ris....investing small amt of that capital in the share market...making decent gains....cleared all my debts with banks/credit cards/AH LONGs...... got ...lets see...ahh just paid cash for a OLD used car...nothing fancy just a little suzuki sports...what else...ahh...enjoying sipping teh C on sat mornings at siglap coffeeshop browsing papers for good deal in D15...

he he...feet are nice and warm...if everything else fails go back and live happily ever after in my 4rm HDB...oops hang on that one also got something to hoot for...if they build the Eastern Region line next to my block next to temasek primary school..i HUAT Big BIG...cheers bro...

SSD makes property less attractive for SPECULATION. No impact on long term investors.

ABSD makes property less attractive for INVESTMENT.

What will kill property market?

World War 3

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    SSD makes property less attractive for SPECULATION. No impact on long term investors.

ABSD makes property less attractive for INVESTMENT.

What will kill property market?

World War 3
    in a strange way that MAKES sense...

NOT at all...feet are nice and warm....got a fully paid 4rm generating rental for me to offset 2/3rd rental for my 4k sq feet semi-D in siglap...sitting On good capital gains from my recently sold condo in pasir ris....investing small amt of that capital in the share market...making decent gains....cleared all my debts with banks/credit cards/AH LONGs...... got ...lets see...ahh just paid cash for a OLD used car...nothing fancy just a little suzuki sports...what else...ahh...enjoying sipping teh C on sat mornings at siglap coffeeshop browsing papers for good deal in D15...

he he...feet are nice and warm...if everything else fails go back and live happily ever after in my 4rm HDB...oops hang on that one also got something to hoot for...if they build the Eastern Region line next to my block next to temasek primary school..i HUAT Big BIG...cheers bro...
    but ultimately you are living in a rented place. I think that is a big difference in the quality of life to me.

Maybe you can take life in a rented place where there is no house pride or anything, I much prefer to stay on a property I own. Can decorate and feel proud of it.

Different strokes for different folks

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    but ultimately you are living in a rented place. I think that is a big difference in the quality of life to me.

Maybe you can take life in a rented place where there is no house pride or anything, I much prefer to stay on a property I own. Can decorate and feel proud of it.

I think what he mean is 4 rm rental +2/3 condo rental to pay for his semi-D

Remember what LKY say, don't sell your HDB. In 30 years most Singaporean will be staying in PC, landed and rent out the HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Remember what LKY say, don't sell your HDB. In 30 years most Singaporean will be staying in PC, landed and rent out the HDB.
    All the more must sell HDB coz HDB rental market will shrink over time... next time easier to rent out PC... Lol!

I think what he mean is 4 rm rental +2/3 condo rental to pay for his semi-D
    how i wish that was the case.... nope was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth worked hard started with a 4 rm hdb...had a bit of extra cash...bought a condo in 2007 sold in 2011...maybe a few $$ nothing compared to all the big timers here but looking at myself in the mirror it felt GOOD cos it was thru hard and honest work that i achieved such a SMALL achievement once again NOTHING compared to the numerous bros here who got Multiple properties earning multiple dollars......to each his own...i am happy...thats what matters MOST...

It all depend on what you do to the money you have. Some chose to buy a new car, spend on holiday, spend on things that make them happy. For me I chose to let the money grow more money and spend on things that I need or rather don't know how to spend money.

Interesting story about money in the World.

http://www.ted.com/talks/loretta_nap...terrorism.html
    Last edited by Arcachon; 15-02-12 at 22:02.

yup ULTIMATELY i am living in a rented place...but you know having said that i am HAPPILY living in a rented place with a wonderful wife/kids/dogs who dont care that its rented cos whats important is that we can sit together eat together and enjoy our RENTED place together...we dont have to slog work our asses off to pay off our monthly mortgage yup maybe you can consider that a life without PRIDE....BUT my DEAR friend life is NOT made of bricks and sand that you OWN but to me its about the family you live with and love and NO MULTI MILLION dollar home that i OWN can ever give me that....think about it....."All MEN DIE but NOT all men LIVE"....Braveheart....

yup ULTIMATELY i am living in a rented place...but you know having said that i am HAPPILY living in a rented place with a wonderful wife/kids/dogs who dont care that its rented cos whats important is that we can sit together eat together and enjoy our RENTED place together...we dont have to slog work our asses off to pay off our monthly mortgage yup maybe you can consider that a life without PRIDE....BUT my DEAR friend life is NOT made of bricks and sand that you OWN but to me its about the family you live with and love and NO MULTI MILLION dollar home that i OWN can ever give me that....think about it....."All MEN DIE but NOT all men LIVE"....Braveheart....
    If so why need to say so much?

Happy u urself know good enuff.

Period.

Oh by the way YES i have pride in 100% owning a 4rm hdb flat that is 100% PRIDE compared to say owning 20% of a semi-D while the bank owns the other 80%....which is ONLY 20% pride...think about it....

I have been pondering about gov telling ppl to keep their hdb flats and what I should do with my flat that is approaching 30yr. Some say hdb is like freehold coz some ppl believe sers will surely kick in when the flat is old. I was just thinking how is hdb going to en bloc hundreds of hdb blocks in the next 10-15yrs coz not all hdb blocks are in good locations. This to me is still a grey area unless any insider working for hdb care to share

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    If so why need to say so much?

Happy u urself know good enuff.

Period.
    yup thats a NO BRAINER......period x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I have been pondering about gov telling ppl to keep their hdb flats and what I should do with my flat that is approaching 30yr. Some say hdb is like freehold coz some ppl believe sers will surely kick in when the flat is old. I was just thinking how is hdb going to en bloc hundreds of hdb blocks in the next 10-15yrs coz not all hdb blocks are in good locations. This to me is still a grey area unless any insider working for hdb care to share

as long as u vote for the white party dont worry all honest ...WIFE LOVING people unlike you know whoooooooo