Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If CM6 comes, what will it be?

Default If CM6 comes, what will it be?

Looking at the RED Hot launches, CM6 appears to be in the making. Question is, will it come and what will it be?

My guess is this time, targetted at locals, maybe higher LTV for 2nd or subsequent properties, like 50% or something?

My guess, raise the cash portion downpayment from 10% to 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    My guess, raise the cash portion downpayment from 10% to 20%.
    good idea but not much difference. It is just a matter of few weeks.

raise from 10 to 30% should do the trick

Are we giving ideas to KBW?
    The buyers are mostly upgraders ...he should aim his bazuka at the HDB market. It's more relevant to control public housing than private. Let the private market be...live and die by their own devices.

in summary whole mkt is in a MESS....just like DOW JONES...world got so many issue/crisis but all dont care everyday keep cheong...

kbw also headache

No headache la ...housing market slow and steady.
    No mass retrenchments - no problems
    No sudden and prolong rise in mortgage rates - no problems
    CM6 can wait till almost 12 months after CM5.
    No worries, no headaches..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    in summary whole mkt is in a MESS....just like DOW JONES...world got so many issue/crisis but all dont care everyday keep cheong...

kbw also headache

MOP 10 years or sell your hdb flat within 6 months if you wanna own private. Why? 1, people will really hold on to the precious subsidized asset and not 5 year money making bond. 2, this will support the lagging hdb resale market. 3, private owners will shout with joy at fairer treatment now, plus the restrictive 10 years MOP will drive most aspirers direct to private for their first purchase.

Own HDB cannot buy condo... confirm demand drop...

If they do ABSD clock to start from TOP of under construction properties, you would probably see interest flowing to resale property. If they do capital gains tax, i fear we will get a stock market bubble.

If ever there is a CM6, it got to be of very restrictive, and that garment knows that prices will continue to be up. And may I ask, are you bro/sis waiting for CM6 to take effect or better buy now before CM6?

Don't wait ...CM6 won't come so soon.
    You like it, you can afford it...then consider it.
    Next time even if CM6 comes, you can't find the same unit.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    If ever there is a CM6, it got to be of very restrictive, and that garment knows that prices will continue to be up. And may I ask, are you bro/sis waiting for CM6 to take effect or better buy now before CM6?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

hmmm... heya... cm6 will be most mild of all.. no change on SSD, 40% downpayment, ABSD or etc... it will just be tiny triple of the current property tax to 30% (or 12% for own stay)... so don't worry too much!!..

i think must wait for a global market crash ...then got better effect..

KBW has already sounded it loud and clear to all hdb dwellers that COV will drop when BTO flats are opened to second time buyers. More active monitoring of illegal rental of HDB flats within MOP or beyond MOP w/o permission will dampen increase of demand from hdb upgraders.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    KBW has already sounded it loud and clear to all hdb dwellers that COV will drop when BTO flats are opened to second time buyers. More active monitoring of illegal rental of HDB flats within MOP or beyond MOP w/o permission will dampen increase of demand from hdb upgraders.
    Just heard the 2012 budget, looks like KBW is going to do much more to encourage older Singaporean to sell their flats and downgrade to 3 room or studio. Get ready for much more resale flats supply? Combined with the upcoming increase of BTO for 2nd timer, looks like COV is going down more, maybe into negative territory ?
    Last edited by avo7007; 17-02-12 at 16:16.

With today's budget again reiterating the direction of the govt to reduce foreign workers in Singapore, coupled with the last round of CM on ABSD, foreigners are out of the property equation. CM6 if it ever comes around, will concentrate on local buyers. HDB MOP should be increased to 10 years and EC MOP to 12 years. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    Just heard the 2012 budget, looks like KBW is going to do much more to encourage older Singaporean to sell their flats and downgrade to 3 room or studio. Get ready for much more resale flats supply? Combined with the upcoming increase of BTO for 2nd timer, looks like COV is going down more, maybe into negative territory ?
    Get ready for much more 4 room, 5 room and EA resale flats in the market. 1 and 2 room old HDB flats owners will be happy coz their flats will be in demand...

How will this move impact the HDB rental market for larger flats? Since more are selling to benefit, owners will not want to rent. Does it mean rental demand for 4, 5 room and EA flats will be in higher demand?

Did u hear "foreign workers & not foreign talent".
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    With today's budget again reiterating the direction of the govt to reduce foreign workers in Singapore, coupled with the last round of CM on ABSD, foreigners are out of the property equation. CM6 if it ever comes around, will concentrate on local buyers. HDB MOP should be increased to 10 years and EC MOP to 12 years. Lol!

Did u hear "foreign workers & not foreign talent".
    yes... foreign worker stays in HDB and dormitories, foreign talents stay in private condo...

yes... foreign worker stays in HDB and dormitories, foreign talents stay in private condo...
    I am saying population will still grow with mlreFt Coming.

I am saying population will still grow with mlreFt Coming.
    Yup... population will still grow amid slower pace with a reduction of FW. FT will trickle into our shores....

Maybe no CM6, but more rules like showflat must be representative of actual units (or is it oredi in place), all rooms in floor plan must indicate actual dimensions and minimum MM size that can be built or max no. of MM units in project.

Default Shifting the mid-point

The current median individual income in Singapore is about S$2K. The income for Employment Pass (EP) holder is S$3K. By importing more EP holders, the median income will increase WITHOUT the need to actually increase individual's income.

That's why statistics shows median income is increasing, but the ground cannot feel it.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    The current median individual income in Singapore is about S$2K. The income for Employment Pass (EP) holder is S$3K. By importing more EP holders, the median income will increase WITHOUT the need to actually increase individual's income.

That's why statistics shows median income is increasing, but the ground cannot feel it.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Statistics don't lie, the one who use it always lie.

relax on exchange rate and control interest rate??

Force interest rate to 3-4% which is the norm. Like that I think sure work

just the THREAT of this will make property price tumble.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30

like that wait not only lose the by election, next GE also lose 2 more GRCs...

like that wait not only lose the by election, next GE also lose 2 more GRCs...
    why? Interest rates ARE supposed to be around 3-4% long term right? It was 4+% not too long ago.

or you expect the 1% forever? The 1% is an anomaly caused by US.

I think MAS never say it is their responsibility to hold the interest rate at 1-1.5%.... I think most prudent house buyers can support the normal 3-4% interest rate.

I think those that die are speculators who have multiple properties and renting them out.

PAP will gain some votes from people who are waiting to buy their first property or upgrade their only property. I think there are more single property owners than multiple property owners who are speculating.

Except in this forum lah....

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

Thanks,
    Richard
    The actual figure of resident Singaporeans in full time employment is tracked: $2,710. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...096348/1/.html

But this increment of 4.2% is lower than the inflation rate of about 5.5% in 2011. I suppose more people will be buying new launch MMs as savings to hedge against inflation. True buyers for own stay will go for BTOs and ECs.

The reduction of foreign workers quota (and increase of FW levy) will hit many sectors, especially the construction sector, harder. So it means higher inflation and construction costs. I don't think mass market pte condos will drop this year. On the contrary it should go up slightly.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ha ha ha! They can't even do their job under the national agenda well? Run-away resale HDB prices?
    Why target foreigners and PRs when almost all the buying in OCR mass market new launch properties are by Singapore citizens?

Ask them to implment my solution and see whether can cool new launch sales or not:

(1) Legislate that since LTV is 60% and downpayment need to be 40%, developers must start building to 40% first before they can launch to sell their new launch properties and all new launch buyers must pay 40% downpayment upfront and get a loan of 60% upfront!

(2) 4-years SSD start date start from TOP or the date they pay up 100% for the property (to be in line with what resale property buyers pay).

(3) All show flats must be built to scale and size of all rooms specified when they launch and market. Let people see how bloody small their rooms are! (until now, developers still not writing the size onto the floorplan in the brochures etc!).

Don't need any more measures. Above 3 will sure cool new launch property buying frenzy and prices!

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Are we giving ideas to KBW?
    The buyers are mostly upgraders ...he should aim his bazuka at the HDB market. It's more relevant to control public housing than private. Let the private market be...live and die by their own devices.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

End up many companies also go kankcrupt, especially the SMEs!
    Even the GLCs also have to handle the big debt load because most leveraged to get better return!

Quote Originally Posted by wind30