Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this for real...

Default Is this for real...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-pinevale

5k rental for a 1.1 mil condo...sounds TOO good right...wonder if the fact that uwc is next door helps the value of this condo...ideas/views welcome

1.15m still can get nice roomy units....

Pinevale Tampines Street 73 28 Jul 99 / $781 psf

2012-1999 = 13
    103-13 = 90

4,000*12 = 48,000*10 = $480,000 future rent lost due to lease 90 years left.

Buy at $900,000. 647.93 psf

48,000/900,000=5.3%
    Last edited by Arcachon; 17-02-12 at 16:14.

Don't know whether is she boasting or not? My friend's customer told me that she has a condo (couldn't remember the exact floor area and name of the condo ), but I think something like Sky.... and floor area is around 2,000sf (could be more) , the rental is $12k, is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Don't know whether is she boasting or not? My friend's customer told me that she has a condo (couldn't remember the exact floor area and name of the condo ), but I think something like Sky.... and floor area is around 2,000sf (could be more) , the rental is $12k, is it possible?
    yes, quite possible, maybe sky @ eleven, quite popular with american expats

Pinevale is v old,
    I Doubt it. Location so so, not near mrt .....

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Pinevale is v old,
    I Doubt it. Location so so, not near mrt .....
    ya tats what i thot plus it is a former ec but i wonder if the fact that its next to uwc helps

maybe one of those examples where owners are in their little bubble waiting to be burst? In the mean time, adopt wait and see attitude and hope that someone will bite...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    maybe one of those examples where owners are in their little bubble waiting to be burst? In the mean time, adopt wait and see attitude and hope that someone will bite...
    yup actually bro between us its a buyers mkt now in the resale mkt....prices havent dipped but resale apts are not moving i see a number of decent buys....but with the same token i am in no hurry....i believe mkt is going to be flooded soon....so its NOT a case of willing buyer willing seller anymore....its WAITING buyer...WAITING seller...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yup actually bro between us its a buyers mkt now in the resale mkt....prices havent dipped but resale apts are not moving i see a number of decent buys....but with the same token i am in no hurry....i believe mkt is going to be flooded soon....so its NOT a case of willing buyer willing seller anymore....its WAITING buyer...WAITING seller...
    Ironically, i believe the supply from the resale and subsale market will be pretty limited going forward due to 4yrs ssd. However i would expect a supply tsunami coming in 3yrs time when 4yrs ssd is up.

Just got an offer 15% above rhe caveat lodged last monthfor my condo. It is a local buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Ironically, i believe the supply from the resale and subsale market will be pretty limited going forward due to 4yrs ssd. However i would expect a supply tsunami coming in 3yrs time when 4yrs ssd is up.
    yup thereabouts...nowadays most normal singaporeans only have 1 GOLDEn bullet in their gun...one time fire thats it...cos of the ssd plus if u want to buy another prop u need 40% DP....so AIM carefully....

once u buy a prop u got to keep four years unless u want to pay BIG brother...plus u want buy one more...u need 40% DP....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Just got an offer 15% above rhe caveat lodged last monthfor my condo. It is a local buyer.
    i dont now if you were ever in the army but there was this very relevant phrase i learnt..."WAITING FOR WHAT"........sellllll

In this waiting game, who'll be the biggest losers? I know who the biggest winners are... FEO...

yup thereabouts...nowadays most normal singaporeans only have 1 GOLDEn bullet in their gun...one time fire thats it...cos of the ssd plus if u want to buy another prop u need 40% DP....so AIM carefully....

once u buy a prop u got to keep four years unless u want to pay BIG brother...plus u want buy one more...u need 40% DP....
    Yes, i am willing to wait for another 3yrs to do my shopping. Currently satisfied with collecting rentals coupled with ultra low borrowing rates and saving more bullets.

i dont now if you were ever in the army but there was this very relevant phrase i learnt..."WAITING FOR WHAT"........sellllll
    Will u sell if unit is 8min fm mrt stn, just outside cbd, very high flr, good sea view, windy,etc? More attraction & development coming.Rental yield more than 6%.

On the contrary, i feel that we should not sell now if we have holding power. We have the luxury of 2-3yrs time to find the right buyer with the right offer.

Will u sell if unit is 8min fm mrt stn, just outside cbd, very high flr, good sea view, windy,etc? More attraction & development coming.
    Is there sea view project just outside cbd?

when you ask the agent, would she then tell you the tenancy is only for 6months? haha. short tenancies at high rates are quite common.

Is there sea view project just outside cbd?
    Can even see changi airport control tower on a non hazy day.

Can even see changi airport control tower on a non hazy day.
    Ic, your offer is 15% above based on similar floors?

Ic, your offer is 15% above based on similar floors?
    same stack & size.

Why would that happen? 4 yrs SSD killed off investors wat. Most buying for own stay now. Would all of them sell in 4 yrs time when TOP? Likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Why would that happen? 4 yrs SSD killed off investors wat. Most buying for own stay now. Would all of them sell in 4 yrs time when TOP? Likely not.
    Yes definitely not all of them. But there is a likelihood of a sudden surge of supply in the secondary market once ssd is up.

Buyer must be a blur sotong..

Quote Originally Posted by sreinfo
    yes, quite possible, maybe sky @ eleven, quite popular with american expats
    It sounds like this condo that you mention, but unfortunately I couldn't really recall it.

Will u sell if unit is 8min fm mrt stn, just outside cbd, very high flr, good sea view, windy,etc? More attraction & development coming.Rental yield more than 6%.
    Wah! 6% rental yield! where?

I wan!

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Wah! 6% rental yield! where?

I wan!
    I believe it is based on his purchase price.

I believe it is based on his purchase price.
    Chay.... .... I also have.....

Yes definitely not all of them. But there is a likelihood of a sudden surge of supply in the secondary market once ssd is up.
    No reason for current buyers who buy for own stay to sell if prices are lousy unless they have overcommitted now and interest rates rise.
    Last edited by fclim; 17-02-12 at 22:11.