Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SRS Investment

Junior

User Info Menu

Default SRS Investment

What are the good investment oppotunities using your SRS? Let me get it started:

StarHub - dividend yield 6.9%, PE 15, P/B: 91 (maybe they don't need much fixed assets).

Thanks,
    Richard

Exalted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    What are the good investment oppotunities using your SRS? Let me get it started:

StarHub - dividend yield 6.9%, PE 15, P/B: 91 (maybe they don't need much fixed assets).

Thanks,
    Richard
    from wat i observe, u r VERY conservative.....so y bother investing ur SRS money? jus collect 4% int la....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    from wat i observe, u r VERY conservative.....so y bother investing ur SRS money? jus collect 4% int la....
    i thot SRS int is very low if kept in the bank...maybe i am wrong

User Info Menu

Dear friend, where can I get 4% int for SRS money?

Junior

User Info Menu

Hmmm...got confused between SRS and CPF SA (special acct)? The latter can get 4% int.

Exalted

User Info Menu

Yay....me got confused.....did a search and it is supplementary retirement scheme...lol

Isit gd to use it to reduce tax? Taxable upon withdrawal when retire at 62 somemore.....scarly nxt time up the age to 70 how?

Junior

User Info Menu

If you are worried that later it will be raised to age 70, better start subscribing now. If I remember correctly, if you get into it now, the retirement age is fixed at 62 and it will not affect you even if it's raised later to 70. Yes if you pay a lot of income tax, it can reduce your tax bill.

hiyo all

User Info Menu

Yay....me got confused.....did a search and it is supplementary retirement scheme...lol

Isit gd to use it to reduce tax? Taxable upon withdrawal when retire at 62 somemore.....scarly nxt time up the age to 70 how?
    When you retire, don't withdraw big lump sum at one shot else kena tax chialat chialat due to higher tax bracket. With some planning, can save quite a fair bit in taxes.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Senior

User Info Menu

Have been using SRS to lower tax bracket? Is it really worth it? Any views?

Junior

User Info Menu

It doesn't lower my tax bracket but the fact that the amount is not taxable is reason enough for me. I have been using it to buy shares that I views on holding for long term like DBS and Kep Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Have been using SRS to lower tax bracket? Is it really worth it? Any views?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast