Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys "wait" out a cycle?

Default How do you guys "wait" out a cycle?

I admire the guys here who try and time the property market. And they can say "property market expensive now, I will wait for it to drop" or "property market is cheap now, I will buy it and wait for it to rise."

The thing is, property not like stocks. Market crash in 2008, by 2009, it chiong back up. Property market crash, can stay down for a long time. And same thing, when it is up, it can stay up for a long time also.

You guys have a time horizon and patience to hold for more than ten years? How do you guys do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    I admire the guys here who try and time the property market. And they can say "property market expensive now, I will wait for it to drop" or "property market is cheap now, I will buy it and wait for it to rise."

The thing is, property not like stocks. Market crash in 2008, by 2009, it chiong back up. Property market crash, can stay down for a long time. And same thing, when it is up, it can stay up for a long time also.

You guys have a time horizon and patience to hold for more than ten years? How do you guys do that?
    My horizon is always MORE than 10 years. But i will also take profit (for investment ppty, not my shelter) but will park my funds somewhere all the time.

10 years is a long time but meanwhile if this was an investment property you can keep it for rental yield no?

It also depends on how many properties can u afford to own i guess? Big time players here like bullman and devilplate are holding multiple properties and they dont have to sell 1 in order to buy the next.

Same for the stock market. Imagine you can only afford to buy a certain amount of $ of stocks and without cashing out you can't look into others. The waiting time will then definitely be "torturous"

Itch can definitely cost you big time ...sometimes more than just money

Quote Originally Posted by price
    10 years is a long time but meanwhile if this was an investment property you can keep it for rental yield no?

It also depends on how many properties can u afford to own i guess? Big time players here like bullman and devilplate are holding multiple properties and they dont have to sell 1 in order to buy the next.

Same for the stock market. Imagine you can only afford to buy a certain amount of $ of stocks and without cashing out you can't look into others. The waiting time will then definitely be "torturous"
    yoyo brother....bullman is the real big fish....my head small small nia hor.....

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

"How do you guys "wait" out a cycle?"

=> tcss here....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    yoyo brother....bullman is the real big fish....my head small small nia hor.....
    Haha, yup. That is BIG fish!

You are too humble bro. You are already a BB. I am also ikan bilis compared to the legendary Condowner who has 100-200 CCR units if I remember correctly? My units are all MM like Kembangan suites etc.

I don't believe in timing the market. Just buy if there is a value buy and you can afford (50-60% downpayment+2-3 years of mortgage payments cash reserves).

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    You are too humble bro. You are already a BB. I am also ikan bilis compared to the legendary Condowner who has 100-200 CCR units if I remember correctly? My units are all MM like Kembangan suites etc.

I don't believe in timing the market. Just buy if there is a value buy and you can afford (50-60% downpayment+2-3 years of mortgage payments cash reserves).
    Is there a "Condowner" here? I used "Search" function but cannot locate. Amazing.

(By the way, real or not? He must have shown up as one of the richest persons in Singapore)

No expert here but this is my take. I think there are too little cycles in an average person's lifetime to "wait" out.

So I try to make on the way up and gain advantage on the way down. Ie. downgrade in an upswing and upgrade in an downswing.

Wow.... my hero

Bro price's fault la....make us so malu.....wahaha

I share the same thinking as you. I just bought a condo in CCR two days ago, amid rumours of more cooling measures.

Basic, Young and Dell could be right about further drop in prices of up to 25% by next year end.

However, finding a place you really like is not easy and I don't have the patience.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Is there a "Condowner" here? I used "Search" function but cannot locate. Amazing.

(By the way, real or not? He must have shown up as one of the richest persons in Singapore)
    Property_Owner

He prolly too busy to come here.

Ok, found his posts. >100 units means he can corner e rentals n sale prices of many condos in CCR.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Ok, found his posts. >100 units means he can corner e rentals n sale prices of many condos in CCR.
    His qap gcb duno worth how many millions liao.....we can only dream....hehe

He lost an aston martin to mbs too.....but hor spare change la....hehehe

Answer to the topic question: play through all the Final Fantasy series game

answer to the question...wash and polish my cars....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    answer to the question...wash and polish my cars....
    That's a long queue of cars you've got there to last a cycle...

Bro price's fault la....make us so malu.....wahaha
    hahaha why malu!? i wish to own many more properties like all of you in years to come!

hahaha why malu!? i wish to own many more properties like all of you in years to come!
    always got taller mountains mah......me ikan bilis small little hill

actually hor, sounds like ur finger getting very itchy liao!!!

sold ur clover and fingers itchy itchy ar? hehehehe

must learn how to meditate and hibernate.....wakakaka

always got taller mountains mah......me ikan bilis small little hill
    ahha if ur ikan bilis many of us are planktons

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Answer to the topic question: play through all the Final Fantasy series game
    Hey mcmlxxvi, have you tried the latest XIII-2? Worth playing? Haven't played one that have a decent story since X and that's just passable. Gone are the days of FFIV, FFVI and FFVII....

Honestly, not to start another argument. I seriously doubt there is single individual in Singapore who owns 100 - 200 CCR properties.

50 - 100 properties all over the island I can believe.

Almost all of the top 20 richest in the country are business owners and their wealth lie in the equity holdings.

To have 200 CCR, even at a conservative estimate of 3 mil average per property, that is 600 million. And if you apply a even more conservative ratio of 40% of this guys net worth are in residential properties that give a estimated 1.5 Billion net worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Honestly, not to start another argument. I seriously doubt there is single individual in Singapore who owns 100 - 200 CCR properties.

50 - 100 properties all over the island I can believe.

Almost all of the top 20 richest in the country are business owners and their wealth lie in the equity holdings.

To have 200 CCR, even at a conservative estimate of 3 mil average per property, that is 600 million. And if you apply a even more conservative ratio of 40% of this guys net worth are in residential properties that give a estimated 1.5 Billion net worth.
    There are around 13+ billionaires in Singapore.

If the individual who owns 100-200+ CCR units is a khoo or ng family, 600mil is only a small fraction of their entire net worth.

If the individual who owns 100-200+ CCR units is a khoo or ng family, 600mil is only a small fraction of their entire net worth.
    Eric doesn't have 100+ CCR units and he got the biggest share of the pie.

Maybe the whole Ng family if you consider all the unsold units in FEO's balance sheet

My friend's in the Chua family and even they don't have anything close to 100 CCR units but i'm open that it is possible of course. The Khoo family did 'hide' their wealth pretty well until the partridge's passing.

moi ikan bilis....

i dun mind owning 100 MMs in geylang.....wakakakaka

It can either be depressing comparing with the super rich in Singapore but it can also be inspiring that you want to be like them... anyway, me contented with what I have... me the smallest fish in the smallest pond but if me happy and my family happy, can already...

I said individual... But then again.. It is highly unlikely for Ng or Kwek or Khoo family to own 200 CCR properties. Because most of their wealth are locked in equity stakes in their family businesses.

Do you think Li Ka Shin has 1000 apartments in HK? Since he is more than 5 times richer than any of the riches in Singapore.

To the very rich, residential properties are a very low risk and low return investment, it really does not make sense to put a large amount of money into it.