Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Promenade @ Pelikat (Former Pelikat mansion)

For Sale - The Promenade @ Pelikat (D19)
    Mall Shop Freehold
    189 Jalan Pelikat
    Marketed by
    Listed on Apr 10, 2013
    S$
    (Negotiable)
    S$ 5950.21 psf (built-up)
    183 sqft / 17 sqm (built-up)

5.9k psf???

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool00
    For Sale - The Promenade @ Pelikat (D19)
    Mall Shop Freehold
    189 Jalan Pelikat
    Marketed by
    Listed on Apr 10, 2013
    S$
    (Negotiable)
    S$ 5950.21 psf (built-up)
    183 sqft / 17 sqm (built-up)

5.9k psf???
    Midtown plaza cheaper at $5-5.5k psf

Default Promenade cannot sell at that high as 5.9k psf at this moment

More likely subsale at 3-4k psf

Is there a difference between apartment status and condo status?
    Both also need to pay maintenance fees?

Is there a difference between apartment status and condo status?
    Both also need to pay maintenance fees?
    Same except apt has shorter setback distance at boundaries and site coverage area can exceed 40%. Means closer proximity to neighboring plot and roads and less open space within the plot.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Same except apt has shorter setback distance at boundaries and site coverage area can exceed 40%. Means closer proximity to neighboring plot and roads and less open space within the plot.
    Thanks for the enlightenment!

No wonder... Now I understand why most/all of the mixed Ds' residential units are called apartments.

I want a few more apartments!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

But still need to pay maintenance fees!

I think Oxley should consider absorbing maintenance fees for the 1st 2 years at least.

The facilities are almost non-existent in this development.

I think Oxley should consider absorbing maintenance fees for the 1st 2 years at least.

But still have security systems, guards, general cleaning, wash water tank, trash disposal, use of small pool, carpark lot and upkeep the place.

But still have security systems, guards, general cleaning, wash water tank, trash disposal, use of small pool, carpark lot and upkeep the place.
    No guards bro, I think. Got security system.

Considered as covered carpark.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Buy with your eyes wide open? Buyers should have considered that before signing the SPA. If not, they just have to pray that the next big sucker comes along.

After the small units at Novena Regency and Pavilion Square sold out for more than $10,000 psf and Lucky Plaza hitting near $13,000, I wonder whats the impact of this ?

Commercial is moving fast and furious with many investors already starting to shift focus.

Now still early stage - like the time when The Sail is doing $1,500 after launched at $1,000.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    After the small units at Novena Regency and Pavilion Square sold out for more than $10,000 psf and Lucky Plaza hitting near $13,000, I wonder whats the impact of this ?

Commercial is moving fast and furious with many investors already starting to shift focus.

Now still early stage - like the time when The Sail is doing $1,500 after launched at $1,000.

DKSG
    now about 3.5-3.9 psf for commercial. I believe will rise to 4 - 4.5 psf in a few months

now about 3.5-3.9 psf for commercial. I believe will rise to 4 - 4.5 psf in a few months
    When that happen, I will like to see the rental the owners think they can fetch there. I will not be surprised if what is happening at ThomsonV happens there, considering its inferior location.

Foundation works are completed for this development. seems like it will TOP much sooner than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    When that happen, I will like to see the rental the owners think they can fetch there. I will not be surprised if what is happening at ThomsonV happens there, considering its inferior location.
    Location is ok, but if the commercial propert developer is not able to put together a solid concept.. the rag tag mash of ciak pak lang commercial units will flounder and die.. die until very bad..

ahha ok maybe wont die until v bad but u get the gist ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    Location is ok, but if the commercial propert developer is not able to put together a solid concept.. the rag tag mash of ciak pak lang commercial units will flounder and die.. die until very bad..

ahha ok maybe wont die until v bad but u get the gist ok
    I think might need a few flagship or anchor tenants to get it moving well. Most suburban commercial buildings aren't that hot nowadays anyways. Think West Coast Plaza, Sembawang Shopping Centre, even Bt Timah Shopping Centre.

I think lack of air con might be an issue sooner or later though. Might end up being a mish mash of hairdressing salons, mummy shops, specialty toys, tuition agencies, maybe concept stores that sell organic food.

How do we know foundation works completed? Developer ask for payment? All units or selected levels only? How exciting!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    I think might need a few flagship or anchor tenants to get it moving well. Most suburban commercial buildings aren't that hot nowadays anyways. Think West Coast Plaza, Sembawang Shopping Centre, even Bt Timah Shopping Centre.

I think lack of air con might be an issue sooner or later though. Might end up being a mish mash of hairdressing salons, mummy shops, specialty toys, tuition agencies, maybe concept stores that sell organic food.

How do we know foundation works completed? Developer ask for payment? All units or selected levels only? How exciting!
    Shops are too tiny. I think future landlords or tenants are likely to be in trouble. Shops in the previous building are mostly ware-housing/trading shops and they didn't really depend on walk-in customers.

received the notice from lawyer on 1st disbursement of funds as the foundations are done

Hope it will TOP by 2015

Not sure about the commercial, but for sure residential looks good here.
    Compared with all the other projects in kovan this one is one of the better priced ones.

Not sure about the commercial, but for sure residential looks good here.
    Compared with all the other projects in kovan this one is one of the better priced ones.
    You are right about that. It's the best priced freehold residential property launched in 2012. I was very surprised that the caveats showed some getting below 500K. Confirmed will be king of yield when TOP. A pity I don't have more dough... Arrgghhh....

But there will still be some who say must have large swimming pool, gardens, privacy etc, in order to be worth...

I think Northeast projects all very exciting!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Exclamation west coast plaza rent too steep

last time I heard from ex tenant of a optical shop there. the shop of 6xx sqft was leased at more than 10 k /month. how can shops survive there? ?

feo just don't care too much about the vacancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    last time I heard from ex tenant of a optical shop there. the shop of 6xx sqft was leased at more than 10 k /month. how can shops survive there? ?

Most of what shoppers and diners are paying are going into rental, not the food, goods and services.

Each time when I dine out, I always feel that I am not paying for the value of the food, but rather, the rentals to the landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstpc
    Each time when I dine out, I always feel that I am not paying for the value of the food, but rather, the rentals to the landlord.
    I think landlord also think, everytime I collect rental, big portion goes to the Govt.

Govt will then collect the money and think how to pay out to all the ministries and also to the people. Of cos also how to put in reserve and to invest for more returns. But definitely a lot put back in economy.

It just goes round and round.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

You are wrong. Billions of our hard earned money were squandered away by some bad Monopoly game moves by big G and T corp.

Much of what we paid out went down the drain.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    You are wrong. Billions of our hard earned money were squandered away by some bad Monopoly game moves by big G and T corp.

Much of what we paid out went down the drain.
    Not wrong, just dry humour.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

very dry indeed as dry as Asahi

lol
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What to expect? Didn't I say the few big companies and REITs (many owned by GLCs) are monopolizing the market and jacking up prices like no tomorrow?
    Did you see cooling measures targeted at these commercial, industrial, retail properties where these few big companies and REITs are monopolizing? NO right?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick

Has any commercial owner flip on this development yet?

many ads on propertyguru

Has any commercial owner flip on this development yet?

many ads on propertyguru
    Caveat Information
    Results 1 - 4 of 4 Found.
    Type Floor Range Sq.ft $ Transac $ psf Caveat Mth/Yr
    SHOP B1 205 735,000 3585.37 Mar 2013
    SHOP 01 to 05 194 670,000 3453.61 Mar 2013
    SHOP 01 to 05 258 785,000 3042.64 Apr 2013
    SHOP 01 to 05 269 800,000 2973.98 Apr 2013