Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Promenade @ Pelikat (Former Pelikat mansion)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I know what shop you opening liao. Singapore Pools. Huat ah!!!!!
    I heard franchisee rights is 1million. But confirmed business from landed, HDB and condo. Sure earn big!

The design of the 1-bedder is generally efficient. However, the aircon ledge is located inside the Master bedroom.

Wouldn't it be noisy to sleep beside the compressor in the quiet of night, and will aircon compressor maintenance dirty the bedroom furnishings?

Quote Originally Posted by property_finder
    The design of the 1-bedder is generally efficient. However, the aircon ledge is located inside the Master bedroom.

Wouldn't it be noisy to sleep beside the compressor in the quiet of night, and will aircon compressor maintenance dirty the bedroom furnishings?
    With good soundproof windows, you wont hear a thing. Assuming the windows are fully shut when ac on.

With good soundproof windows, you wont hear a thing. Assuming the windows are fully shut when ac on.
    the entire project is surrounded by weird coloured panels. exactly the same as their PRESTO and Vibes @ Serangoon. Is that oxley's new fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    the entire project is surrounded by weird coloured panels. exactly the same as their PRESTO and Vibes @ Serangoon. Is that oxley's new fashion?
    Affirmative. Church stained glass effect for that heavenly feel...

The compressor is housed under the bay window inside the Master bedroom. It is not outside the bedroom. Therefore, keeping the windows shut does not matter as any noise generated is from inside the room.

And the bay window is quite small to house a system 3, so I assume the BTU will be smaller??

The compressor is housed under the bay window inside the Master bedroom. It is not outside the bedroom. Therefore, keeping the windows shut does not matter as any noise generated is from inside the room.

And the bay window is quite small to house a system 3, so I assume the BTU will be smaller??
    Visit Airstream for viewing and see/hear for yourself...

I know what shop you opening liao. Singapore Pools. Huat ah!!!!!
    Problem with singapore pool is difficult to raise their rent. Tuition centre is not bad.

If the mall doesn't succeed, I'm not sure who is going to pay for the hefty maintenance. The place might look pretty run down in 3-4 years' time after TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    If the mall doesn't succeed, I'm not sure who is going to pay for the hefty maintenance. The place might look pretty run down in 3-4 years' time after TOP.
    Mall will need reits strategies like continuous event & promotion to bring people in. Otherwise difficult to survive unless like Thomson with lot of tuition centre to bring parents there to drink kopi & shop.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Mall will need reits strategies like continuous event & promotion to bring people in. Otherwise difficult to survive unless like Thomson with lot of tuition centre to bring parents there to drink kopi & shop.
    There are too many malls sprouting up in the suburbs. Prob the only people really making money are the landlords who bought the shops more than 10 years ago. The current surge in investors' interest in shops seem to be due to CMs in residential properties.

Have you bought shop(s) in this project?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    There are too many malls sprouting up in the suburbs. Prob the only people really making money are the landlords who bought the shops more than 10 years ago. The current surge in investors' interest in shops seem to be due to CMs in residential properties.

Have you bought shop(s) in this project?
    Considered but not now. Too crazy price now. Invested overseas.

Affirmative. Church stained glass effect for that heavenly feel...
    The vertical lines repeat at a frequency ranging from 3 to 7 to create a visual randomness yet some form of structured design. The horizontal lines have no such pattern and looks completely random. Overall look is modern but perhaps with the passing of time it will look dated as with any fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Problem with singapore pool is difficult to raise their rent. Tuition centre is not bad.
    dont think any of the 270 shops can fit a tuition centre. unless a few shops combined?

Interestingly, shops near MRT have high rentals, but not necessarily good business. How is the price of commercial units compared to other commercial units? Just understand for knowledge.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_798448.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    i was one of the interested investors for a commercial unit here..

but after going down to their showflat and carefully examining the building model, the commercial unit plan seems to be too vague for me.

If developer tied down some anchor tenant before hand and properly plan the commercial unit mix, then probably stand a better chance of prospering.

But as things are, developer is very hand off ish abt the commercial unit plan. skali turns out that all the units are either mamashop or lighting stores.. haha

Need a very brave heart to committ. My 2cents. The savings grace is its a fh property and layout is good for residential unit. 600m is not exactly near mrt thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Maybe psf wise is too high for SS to commit. They need large area for business, probably not FH land, too expensive for them.

Nonetheless since FH mixed I think the value certainly can be sustained. And maintenance for the moment seems fair for 1-bedder at below $200. But what to sell for comm units? A million-dollar question.

Just for curiosity, can residential units in a mixed development building be used for business as well? PSF much lower!
    For my mix development have to pay 2 maintenance funds albeit the commercial part is a portion of it.

It's humming noise should get use to it. Anyway can also close the window.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    the weired colurful panels are quite common now in recent years. Its actually cheaper to have them and tats why developer are replicating this concept. Its actually aluminium panels.

I think if not wrong, it could be changed/replaced after sometime to create a different concept.

If place nicely we can have something like illuma @ bugis.

Anyway do you guys think the sheng siong ever has reserved the shop at level one ? Or it is just a gimmicks by the developer and the agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    The vertical lines repeat at a frequency ranging from 3 to 7 to create a visual randomness yet some form of structured design. The horizontal lines have no such pattern and looks completely random. Overall look is modern but perhaps with the passing of time it will look dated as with any fashion.
    Omg. You really analysed the pattern. Are you an engineer? Do you wanna join my Top Eligible Bachelor contest here? Single, below 55, owns multiple properties

Omg. You really analysed the pattern. Are you an engineer? Do you wanna join my Top Eligible Bachelor contest here? Single, below 55, owns multiple properties
    Im not a Er and I'm not eligible either. Bachelor degree can or not?

Im not a Er and I'm not eligible either. Bachelor degree can or not?
    Tons around, that. Hey, if you engineer, really can put Er before your name?? People with that surname how. Er Er....?

Tons around, that. Hey, if you engineer, really can put Er before your name?? People with that surname how. Er Er....?
    I think you need to be really distinguished in the engineering field to qualify. Such as buyer of 04-08. Btw she got her PhD lately.Capable lady.

I think you need to be really distinguished in the engineering field to qualify. Such as buyer of 04-08. Btw she got her PhD lately.Capable lady.
    She does come across as tough cookie. Good good... Blast off the MPs who clamp down on MM...

Edu and tuition hub alredy at heartland mall at kovan mrt somemore. Xtension concept small trendy shops also got in side wing of it. What else u want here? Massage parlors to take over the Highland Road biz?? Wakakakaka

Dont get me wrong. The resi definitely a good buy. AS LONG not encumbranced by the problems and lacking of the commercial part in future.... Otw kena dragged into the maintenance etc never ending shiit hole.....
    I read in this thread and elsewhere that there could be issues in the maintenance fees and other issues in mixed developments.

Please elaborate what are they and how do they affect the residential units?

Thanks.

I read in this thread and elsewhere that there could be issues in the maintenance fees and other issues in mixed developments.

Please elaborate what are they and how do they affect the residential units?

Thanks.
    Pls check out The Mezzo thread.

Pls check out The Mezzo thread.
    Thanks, the Mezzo is mostly about carpark issues and sharing of facilities with commercial units.

I was thinking formixed development projects where commercial units are more than residential units, could the commercial unit owners somehow band together and pressure the residential owners with regards to maintenance and other fees/issues as their shares will be higher?
    Last edited by property_finder; 13-05-12 at 15:00. Reason: typo

Thanks, the Mezzo is mostly about carpark issues and sharing of facilities with commercial units.

I was thinking formixed development projects where commercial units are more than residential units, could the commercial unit owners somehow band together and pressure the residential owners with regards to maintenance and other fees/issues as their shares will be higher?
    I have no experience in this area sorry. But it does sound by logic likely to appear. Usually this translates to higher maint cost as the comm common areas are much more high traffic and prone to wear n tear. With comm owners as majority stake, they have a bigger say in approving the costs for such.

I suspect they do have some kind of possibility of voting for changes as well. But it's also possible that there might be some stakeholders who have stakes in both residential and commercial. It does not make sense to divide them into opposing entities - makes more sense if they work together to make the project work (everybody's advantage). The residents are also likely to be the comm units' customers as well, doesn't make sense to generate negative PR.