Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Promenade @ Pelikat (Former Pelikat mansion)

Read some post that comm shops in 1st fl are in open concept or non air-conditioned, wouldn't it look like a hdb plaza with residential units in 2nd n 3rd fl? In addition, it can be quite rowdy n noisy to the residents too.

Agree. It will be noisy, especially those units above escalators/entrance, and cafe (if there is one).

n there is no stopping cafe etc to operate 24/7 rite? Noise issue can b serious

Quote Originally Posted by property_finder
    Agree. It will be noisy, especially those units above escalators/entrance, and cafe (if there is one).
    Yah two ends of fear - either too busy (noise) or too quiet (no business). In all likelihood, either extreme seems unlikely.

Well, I suppose investors and home owners will have to judge for themselves the viability, costs, potential etc... I am sure that in SG there is no such thing as close to amenities, FH, big, very quiet, MRT nearby or below, excellent and top-of-the-end facilities, low maintenance, no worries about maintenance and building growing old, cheap (below $1Kpsf for MM and below $800psf for large units), celebrities' choice, low rise, with parks and park connectors nearby, no chance of flooding, excellent and efficient interior design, close proximity to city and the business hubs etc etc... The list of criteria is never ending.

If there is one such place, don't announce here! Please PM me to snatch immediately.

Authorities in SG take feedback very seriously and businesses have been known to shut down due to residents' feedback (such as in Yio Chu Kang). I would personally not worry about noise if I am a resident. The landed owners at ground floor will definitely complain first.

There are such developments fulfilling at least 90% of your specs. Not new but resale. It is for you to find out as it is thrill of being a property investors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Yah two ends of fear - either too busy (noise) or too quiet (no business). In all likelihood, either extreme seems unlikely.

Well, I suppose investors and home owners will have to judge for themselves the viability, costs, potential etc... I am sure that in SG there is no such thing as close to amenities, FH, big, very quiet, MRT nearby or below, excellent and top-of-the-end facilities, low maintenance, no worries about maintenance and building growing old, cheap (below $1Kpsf for MM and below $800psf for large units), celebrities' choice, low rise, with parks and park connectors nearby, no chance of flooding, excellent and efficient interior design, close proximity to city and the business hubs etc etc... The list of criteria is never ending.

If there is one such place, don't announce here! Please PM me to snatch immediately.

Authorities in SG take feedback very seriously and businesses have been known to shut down due to residents' feedback (such as in Yio Chu Kang). I would personally not worry about noise if I am a resident. The landed owners at ground floor will definitely complain first.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    There are such developments fulfilling at least 90% of your specs. Not new but resale. It is for you to find out as it is thrill of being a property investors.
    Haha another new criteria after your post - it must be new. Keke, Singaporeans hard to satisfy - I think HDB the best, can meet most criteria except not freehold. The best housing in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    Read some post that comm shops in 1st fl are in open concept or non air-conditioned, wouldn't it look like a hdb plaza with residential units in 2nd n 3rd fl? In addition, it can be quite rowdy n noisy to the residents too.
    所以请别买面向内的。

But owners are only lessee (sounds like lassie the odd). Beware, No more upgrading.
    Haha another new criteria after your post - it must be new. Keke, Singaporeans hard to satisfy - I think HDB the best, can meet most criteria except not freehold. The best housing in Singapore.

i cant imagine if the 270 shops owners are the kiasu type and uses the tiny swimming pool/gym. the residential owners will

Quote Originally Posted by price
    i cant imagine if the 270 shops owners are the kiasu type and uses the tiny swimming pool/gym. the residential owners will
    这可能性是蛮高的!!!

How do you guys feel about those purely commercial properties with pools? If you own such a unit, are you fine with sharing the pool with the the labourers/production workers (some could them could be foregin workers).

How do you guys feel about those purely commercial properties with pools? If you own such a unit, are you fine with sharing the pool with the the labourers/production workers (some could them could be foregin workers).
    if the commercial units are limited it is okay. Usually most of the mixed Freehold developments so far are a handful of units with 4 levels of residential units. but this has 3 levels of commercial units and lesser residential units. Who end up using the facilities more? Of course if you have a mega project like WT it's different. the units are not sold.

they should not be allowed to use in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    they should not be allowed to use in the first place.
    sadly they are. just like millage.

sadly they are. just like millage.
    Confirmed... the commercial shop owners are NOT allowed to use the swimming pool/gym. Doesn't quite make sense for them to use too... they have to tend their shops.

Even if allowed, you can exclude me from the potentially kiasu owner list. I have a big swimming pool now but never use... next time I will have 3 worlds, so chances that I will use the pool/gym in promenade is next to none.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    Confirmed... the commercial shop owners are NOT allowed to use the swimming pool/gym. Doesn't quite make sense for them to use too... they have to tend their shops.

Even if allowed, you can exclude me from the potentially kiasu owner list. I have a big swimming pool now but never use... next time I will have 3 worlds, so chances that I will use the pool/gym in promenade is next to none.
    thats great news for the residential owners!!

This makes sense for such a small development.

I wonder how they gonna enforce that... Comm keycard cant access level 2 and above?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I wonder how they gonna enforce that... Comm keycard cant access level 2 and above?
    Actually its a privacy and potential safety issue as non-residents (commercial unit owners + their workers) can walk along the residential corridors armed with an access card. If I am the resident, I will not feel safe.

but I thought the commercial units in mixed developments are usually located at the non-residential 'public areas'? Thus, they do not need any access card at all.
    Last edited by property_finder; 14-05-12 at 22:20. Reason: typo

Agent says comm units do not have access to 2ND floor and above. The only way they can go is follow a resident. Not impossible though.

Will business owners be people like that? Will their staff have so much free time to use the swimming pool and gym? Will there be additional security at the gym or pool area?

I wonder if there is a need to pay v much extra for additional security in comparable condos with totally secure pool and gym, that we never really use. The logic is just not there. Risk minimisation, low upfront, low maintenance and convenience counts more for me. This is especially so in the face of more pending regulations MND might come up with for MMs.

Agent says comm units do not have access to 2ND floor and above. The only way they can go is follow a resident. Not impossible though.

Will business owners be people like that? Will their staff have so much free time to use the swimming pool and gym? Will there be additional security at the gym or pool area?

I wonder if there is a need to pay v much extra for additional security in comparable condos with totally secure pool and gym, that we never really use. The logic is just not there. Risk minimisation, low upfront, low maintenance and convenience counts more for me. This is especially so in the face of more pending regulations MND might come up with for MMs.
    Precisely because of all these uncertainties and risks, I would not as a rule buy into this development... these headaches if surfaced, will be never ending and a real pain in the a**...esp considering shops may change hands (tenants/owners regardless) every couple of years or even couple of months in today's economic situation. It's not like this is offered at 900psf and in Orchard. There are many other alternatives available in the market... my .02

Precisely because of all these uncertainties and risks, I would not as a rule buy into this development... these headaches if surfaced, will be never ending and a real pain in the a**...esp considering shops may change hands (tenants/owners regardless) every couple of years or even couple of months in today's economic situation. It's not like this is offered at 900psf and in Orchard. There are many other alternatives available in the market... my .02
    Yah, also depends on whether targeting self stay or intending to rent out.

Mixed feelings about mixed developments, but no feelings about pure residence. Haiz...

I like the East Village concept as well, but sold out. It looked like a much smaller scale development. Wonder how they try to overcome these potential issues and uncertainties between commercial and residential side.

Mixed feelings about mixed developments, but no feelings about pure residence. Haiz...
    You mean you only into mixed types?

Yah, also depends on whether targeting self stay or intending to rent out.

I like the East Village concept as well, but sold out. It looked like a much smaller scale development. Wonder how they try to overcome these potential issues and uncertainties between commercial and residential side.
    east village wont fair as well as milage imo. almost the same price why go for somewhere sooo far away?

Amongst all the FH mixed development in Singapore, is Promenade @ Pelikat the cheapest?

Amongst all the FH mixed development in Singapore, is Promenade @ Pelikat the cheapest?
    lucky plaza?

Red face

east village wont fair as well as milage imo. almost the same price why go for somewhere sooo far away?
    Millage in an even better rental spot, but I prefer low rise. The lower the better, 2 floors all mine (landed) best.

East Village is in a low floor setting.

Quote Originally Posted by chweegrace
    Anyway do you guys think the sheng siong ever has reserved the shop at level one ? Or it is just a gimmicks by the developer and the agent?
    Only insiders will know. My guess will be that both answers are likely Yes (Guess SS was used, intentionally or otherwise). Anyway, the result is the current Phase 1/Phase 2 Sale.

lucky plaza?
    Far East Plaza and Luckly Plaza are much more expensive.

It appears this project is really the cheapest at the moment for Freehold mixed development.

You mean you only into mixed types?
    Yah I guess that's true - have a soft spot for the shophouse kind of residence. So far the ones I like are all mixed types - like the vibrancy and the convenience: minimum will have ATM, 7-11, banks, S-Pools, some restaurants downstairs I hope? No need to drive somewhere and worry about parking.

106 out of 164 residences sold as of last URA report.