Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Seletar Park Residence (D28, 99 leasehold, Tuan Sing)

One expression: woah

This is redefining Seletar.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

i don't know this area, so don't quite know if it will redefine. i also dun buy the gahmen's seletar aerosace story. don't intend to stay here. may leave it for daughter if well kept over time.

above average fundamentals - 185,000 sq ft, 1.4 plot ratio over 200 plus units majority are 1-2 bedders. 1:1 carpark lots. only 2 condo plots across landed estate. developer breakeven $900psf. proven architect, luxury developer getting into ulu projects. Airwell in living room is fun, can plant a tree in the middle of living room (or knock it down to be something else). Very fast access to CTE, but i reckon during peak hours will be jammed up. Else 10mins drive on Sunday afternoons to orchard. Roof terrace layout and design very good, easy to do many things after CSC. 3 bedders transacted avg $1000psf. Development avg psf is $1200. mine is $700psf, so hope there is some buffer during downturn.

still thinking if i should back out - really do not like buying at peak. sigh....

dearest gurus (esp my time founding forum members like proud owner) - help advise me leh....

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    i don't know this area, so don't quite know if it will redefine. i also dun buy the gahmen's seletar aerosace story. don't intend to stay here. may leave it for daughter if well kept over time.

above average fundamentals - 185,000 sq ft, 1.4 plot ratio over 200 plus units majority are 1-2 bedders. 1:1 carpark lots. only 2 condo plots across landed estate. developer breakeven $900psf. proven architect, luxury developer getting into ulu projects. Airwell in living room is fun, can plant a tree in the middle of living room (or knock it down to be something else). Very fast access to CTE, but i reckon during peak hours will be jammed up. Else 10mins drive on Sunday afternoons to orchard. Roof terrace layout and design very good, easy to do many things after CSC. 3 bedders transacted avg $1000psf. Development avg psf is $1200. mine is $700psf, so hope there is some buffer during downturn.

still thinking if i should back out - really do not like buying at peak. sigh....

dearest gurus (esp my time founding forum members like proud owner) - help advise me leh....
    CTE is no fun even on a Saturday. 10 min on Sun afternoon to Orchard Road is a maybe if you are lucky. Definintely need car in this area, else even more no fun.

about 700psf
    but penthouse
    a bit of protection there.... i hope
    Congrats, I like the design of this proj too...

i just bought into this - my first mass market.
    still reeling from the shock - of buying at peak
    geez...
    Theirs is no longer peak price so you should be able to draw some comfort in that.

i just bought into this - my first mass market.
    still reeling from the shock - of buying at peak
    geez...
    Congratulations.

Any floor plan to share?

i like this property even it is for mass market but an expensive feel and finishing (not a me too mass market project).

This area has potential if you look at 2008 Master Plan. An industrial park will be developed just across the road. Many developments will be going on along jln Kaju. If lucky, the area may get Seletar MRT line. It will take 10 years to grow in the area.

I liked some of their 1 bedders. One of the very few 1 bedder design that do not have main door open straight view into the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I liked some of their 1 bedders. One of the very few 1 bedder design that do not have main door open straight view into the balcony.

646 vs 722 for that grander entrance
    = 76sf extra x 1200 avg
    = 91200 extra for your fave design
    (excl extra stamp and absd)

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    646 vs 722 for that grander entrance
    = 76sf extra x 1200 avg
    = 91200 extra for your fave design
    (excl extra stamp and absd)

Thats why never buy loh haa ha haaa...

Yours must be the Super 2 bedder penthouse. Yah the airwell and the spiral stairs will make the living and dining area very classy and exquisite.

Yours must be the Super 2 bedder penthouse. Yah the airwell and the spiral stairs will make the living and dining area very classy and exquisite.
    yeah...the space is just nice for a 2 bedder.

Does anyone know the block distance between SP and Greenwich? When I was at show room few months ago, the agent recommended me the East facing block to Seletar Estate which is unblock for penthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by HCL
    Does anyone know the block distance between SP and Greenwich? When I was at show room few months ago, the agent recommended me the East facing block to Seletar Estate which is unblock for penthouse.

i think all the east facing ph are all sold.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    i think all the east facing ph are all sold.
    There is one unit #41 left when I was there but not sure whether it has been sold.

Few units left on South facing Seletar Estate but agent told me the ground of the estate is almost one level higher than SP site. The view may get block for PH at level 5

topiary ec across the road will get better views...

http://thetopiary.com.sg/

all no views one. distance from greenwich i think at most 10m. the only thing going for this place imho is $700psf and low density - 250 mainly small units across 185,000 sqft of land area. topiary is 750 units across 200,000 sqft land area.

all no views one. distance from greenwich i think at most 10m. the only thing going for this place imho is $700psf and low density - 250 mainly small units across 185,000 sqft of land area. topiary is 750 units across 200,000 sqft land area.
    Agree with you very low density by today's standard

The design is nice and generally a quiet neighbourhood. At $700pfs, seems decent. Think excellent for self stay. The main issue is not near to MRT but bus services are not bad and walkable to the condo. If you drive, the new mall should be very close by.

CTE not as problematic compared to the past which at one stage before the road widening was bad.

Greenwich will serve most of the basic and food needs. However, the area around Greenwich will have more congestion, thats slowly happening now with many cars parked along side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Agree with you very low density by today's standard

The design is nice and generally a quiet neighbourhood. At $700pfs, seems decent. Think excellent for self stay. The main issue is not near to MRT but bus services are not bad and walkable to the condo. If you drive, the new mall should be very close by.

CTE not as problematic compared to the past which at one stage before the road widening was bad.

Greenwich will serve most of the basic and food needs. However, the area around Greenwich will have more congestion, thats slowly happening now with many cars parked along side of the road.
    SP plot ratio is 1.4 and Topiary properly 2.8.

Seletar Road can be busy road in the future after the road extended to AMK Ave 5. Currently the traffic only limited to residents stay at Seletar Estate.

SP plot ratio is 1.4 and Topiary properly 2.8.

Seletar Road can be busy road in the future after the road extended to AMK Ave 5. Currently the traffic only limited to residents stay at Seletar Estate.
    Do you know when the through road from seletar road to AMK ave 5 is going to be built?

The traffic may be heavier next time but it will make it even more convenient for residents either by bus or car bec currently, the buses do not come in from AMK ave 5.

Do you know when the through road from seletar road to AMK ave 5 is going to be built?

The traffic may be heavier next time but it will make it even more convenient for residents either by bus or car bec currently, the buses do not come in from AMK ave 5.
    Not sure. It is the master plan. To AMK shall be faster with trade off of heavier traffic

Don't look at psf. It is not a fair comparision in your case as 50% of your saleable area is rooftop space. Give the real usable area 100% and the rooftop pes 50% value to calculate the real price psf.

Anyway, don't worry about the purchase, it is a much better development compared to Topiary. You heard of the phase ' Form is temporary and class is permanent"? Same applies to Topiary compared to this development "Trend (EC) is temporary and class (SPR) is permanent".

I would have bought the same unit type but my wife wanted ground floor three bedders which are sold out. We are secretly hope there will be some distress sale next time when the market crash. LOL.

At $700psf, seems decent.

before any casual reader thinks that this place has dropped to $700psf, it has not. avg psf is $1200 at least.

$700psf is for the ph only. learnt from other forummers previously, formula is roughly $1200psf x A (lower deck in sf) + $600psf (approx eg 0.5 factor) x A (estim upper deck in sf) = $900psf (avg overall). $700psf is cos the 2br super penthouse is so much bigger.

anyway $700psf is still a very good buy.
    gfoo, do you still get the 4.5% rental guarantee?

just came from there. not too bad - midday traffic from orchard is 10mins. back to orchard about 12mins.

only 2 units left, both are penthouses.

penthouses on the resale market trade at most 10-15% less than median psf after TOP. some have a wider gap, most have a narrower gap the older it gets. of course this excludes $$ owners typically spend on doing up garden terraces and what not

just came from there. not too bad - midday traffic from orchard is 10mins. back to orchard about 12mins.

penthouses on the resale market trade at most 10-15% less than median psf after TOP. some have a wider gap, most have a narrower gap the older it gets. of course this excludes $$ owners typically spend on doing up garden terraces and what not
    The developer is still advertise 1 RM guarantee rental package in today Straits Times, it seems there are still some small units left

The developer is still advertise 1 RM guarantee rental package in today Straits Times, it seems there are still some small units left
    probably a queued ad buy. when i went down a few days back, board stickers showed all sold and there was nary an agent there.

a thought just came to mind. 1-2 bedders in town are commonly used by singles or couples. how about in the suburbs like seletar hills - is it similar, or will families of 3 or more try and pack into a one or two bedder?

I was there abt 2 weeks ago and there were still a bunch of 1-beds available. But they are all facing greenwich and is only 6m away from the greenwich facing units. Still people will buy.

Although 1-bed in terms of the floor area is one of the bigger ones, but it feels smaller than the 441-484sf ones i've seen elsewhere. Somehow the layout not as efficient, but compensated by the high ceiling. The wc and shower is a common area with no partition, which i thought was unusual.

you drive pretty quick no? i think 15-20mins is a more comfortable time frame.

No more 2-3br left for this proj?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you drive pretty quick no? i think 15-20mins is a more comfortable time frame.
    eh wait got mata lurking here