Thread: will ever a day come when NO rental demand...

Default will ever a day come when NO rental demand...

sometimes it amazes me...property investment so simple pay 20% downpayment buy condo then rent out...ur rental pay ur mortage...is it really so simple...gentleman fire ur bullets...

will ever a day come when you cannot find tenant...please share your advice

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    sometimes it amazes me...property investment so simple pay 20% downpayment buy condo then rent out...ur rental pay ur mortage...is it really so simple...gentleman fire ur bullets...

Sure anot...buy any ppty now, rental can cover mortgage if only down 20%?

Haven include other overheads hor...40% dp den more likely

Less FT = less rental.
    My place got so many FT rental cos near international school.
    Some of them even bot a unit there after staying for sometime. Maybe if i intend to sell my unit in future, I might just pop into my FT neighbour's rented unit and ask them whether they want to buy my unit. In that way both save on agent fee. Just go through lawyer to draft contract.

see which country the FT comes from? some FT would rather prefer to rent than buy...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-hillview-128

20% dp..take loan about 700k...monthly mortgage 2.5k...rental...also about there....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-blue-horizon

take loan 1 million...unit currently tenanted till 2013 at 4.5k PM...ur mortgage monthly only 3.5k...

i might be wrong...but just thinking like maybe i could buy one of these rent out...plus with my hdb rental income...continue the goodlife@siglap...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

.... ask your question to those who renting out their condos in year 2003/2004 lor....

Quote Originally Posted by Rezo
    If no rental to cover installment..then pay by our own salary
    So bottomline is dont over commit i guess 2k plus mortage still ok i
    Guess no tenant still can tong for a while can stay there with mistress
    Ha ha

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-hillview-128

20% dp..take loan about 700k...monthly mortgage 2.5k...rental...also about there....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-blue-horizon

take loan 1 million...unit currently tenanted till 2013 at 4.5k PM...ur mortgage monthly only 3.5k...

i might be wrong...but just thinking like maybe i could buy one of these rent out...plus with my hdb rental income...continue the goodlife@siglap...
    gross rental mabe just nice to cover mortgage nia....still got many overheads

surely got certain period left vacant...agt fee, ppty tax, maint fee, rental income tax.....add up quite xiong one.....every 3-5yrs need to repaint, reno abit here and there etc

to be safe 40% dp den just nice cover mortgage+overheads if u were to buy at current price

My friend and I did think of that ...good one..

Ha ha[/quote]

My friend told me he rent out his condo and top up cash for the mortgage, condo sure can rent out it the rental you asking.

This is a fair judgement. May not be wise to buy new unit now and thinking to rent out in 2-3 years with the hope of getting net income from it. It is getting more difficult as the rental will not go up or may even come down. Risky to hope for rental to pay for the mortgage and still got surplus for pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    gross rental mabe just nice to cover mortgage nia....still got many overheads

surely got certain period left vacant...agt fee, ppty tax, maint fee, rental income tax.....add up quite xiong one.....every 3-5yrs need to repaint, reno abit here and there etc

to be safe 40% dp den just nice cover mortgage+overheads if u were to buy at current price

So bottomline is dont over commit i guess 2k plus mortage still ok i
    Ha ha
    Better still if mistress can pay you the monthly rental.......

Gross rental yield mostly at historic low 2-3%. When is the 5-6% days coming back?
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Gross rental yield mostly at historic low 2-3%. When is the 5-6% days coming back?
    How to when a ocr unit is at least 900 psf.

i guess bottomline with property investment as with the stock market buy blue chips and if u have holding power....you can never go wrong....unless the world ends....

Good news, another 6,400 more nurses, and 1,800 more allied health professionals and support staff, by 2020; this mean more foreigners coming this way..., would benefit rental for HDB flats, MM, condos near MRT and those near hospitals, hospices.., etc?

http://www.yourhealth.com.sg/content...-professionals

Pay boost seen for health-care professionals

Monday, Feb 27, 2012
    my paper

Good news for health- care workers - the Ministry of Health will be looking into a salary review for doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
    Speaking on the sidelines of a health-care career fair yesterday, Dr Amy Khor, Minister of State for Health, said the review is "to attract more people to the profession".
    She added that more details will be revealed in the upcoming Committee of Supply debate. Dr Khor also revealed that the ministry is looking to hire 6,400 more nurses, and 1,800 more allied health professionals and support staff, by 2020. Currently, there are about 32,000 nurses and 2,000 allied health professionals here.
    The additional manpower is to help staff an increase in the number of hospital beds - 1,900 acute-hospital beds and 1,800 community-hospital beds, to be added by 2020.
    Dr Khor said: "Because of the rapidly ageing population and the increase in chronic- disease burden, there will be increasing demand for health- care services."
    The Healthcare - You Make A Difference Careers Fair, held at *Scape, saw 50 nurses and allied health professionals, including those from the National Healthcare Group (NHG), sharing information about their jobs.
    At the fair, eight allied health professions were showcased, including medical social work, respiratory therapy and speech therapy.
    Organisers said that the eight professions were chosen as there was greatest demand for manpower in these professions. They also wanted to raise awareness about some of the lesser- known careers.
    "A health-care career is not just nursing. If you ask a lot of people, they may not know much about the allied health professions," said Ms Olivia Tay, NHG's chief human-resource officer.
    She added that NHG intends to hire another 110 allied health professionals this year.
    Ms Tan Herng Lee, president of the Association of Respiratory Therapists (Singapore), said: "Our profession is rather niche, not so mainstream, so not many are aware of it."
    She estimates that respiratory therapists, who help patients with breathing problems, number only about 60 here.
    Besides being relatively unknown, some professions also suffer from misconceptions.
    Ms Kang Xinyi, 24, a medical social worker at the Institute of Mental Health, said: "People equate medical social workers with volunteers who are not paid. But, in fact, this is a recognised profession."
    Among the more than 1,100 jobseekers who attended, there were those interested in a mid- career switch, such as Ms Leng Xiuying, 28.
    Said Ms Leng, an education training consultant: "Health care is a real concern of the future and there looks to be many job opportunities. I'm looking for a viable career option for the long term."
    [email protected]