Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Last saturday i called agent to enquire....

Default Last saturday i called agent to enquire....

About a 1800sqft ORIGINAL condition terrace house FHOLD in Keris Estate at east coast this is after st pat sch just before frankel turning OPPOSITE turn to dunbar walk....

I called him at 8am...he said he will make arrangement to view....ok so i thought sounds good...10am he called me sorry sir one buyer CONFIRMED deal on phone he just come down and GIVE me cheque...so i was THINKING like WTF...market for old terrace still HOT i guess that buyer flush with cash probably got backing from developer or something ike that buying to rebuild...

MORAL of story:....most of us are JUST small IKAN BILLIS...(no offence BRO with same nick)...in a world FULL of hungry Sharks...

oh buy the way its FRiday evening have fun and wake up in morning sober to look for more good DEALS...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    About a 1800sqft ORIGINAL condition terrace house FHOLD in Keris Estate at east coast this is after st pat sch just before frankel turning OPPOSITE turn to dunbar walk....

I called him at 8am...he said he will make arrangement to view....ok so i thought sounds good...10am he called me sorry sir one buyer CONFIRMED deal on phone he just come down and GIVE me cheque...so i was THINKING like WTF...market for old terrace still HOT i guess that buyer flush with cash probably got backing from developer or something ike that buying to rebuild...

MORAL of story:....most of us are JUST small IKAN BILLIS...(no offence BRO with same nick)...in a world FULL of hungry Sharks...

oh buy the way its FRiday evening have fun and wake up in morning sober to look for more good DEALS...

no lah you are not ikan billis hor...for example some owners will use the classified to test the demand of their property. In actual fact, not selling one hor. There is one particular number in the classified that will advertise a lower price for the properties but will never pick up the call . My third eye told me this person is gathering market feedback.

my third eye also told me recently resale market not moving. so i dun believe this agent.

last time my boss told me when I was a property agent. Even during time of property softening there will be fools buying at a higher price than the market price. Thanks to him I kept that in my mind until toady.

take note many landed nearing 30 years or more now..... very very high costs to maintain. My estimate is more than 50% should be in this category and very eager to sell but not willing to let go at a fair price.

i see some sentosa cove berth condo asking 1500psf now..... there are 20-30 of them....

Let your handsome brother work this out for you:

1800sqft terrace should be asking about S$2 million now in that area.

If I buy, I have to tear down or do a major A&A definately because of the pests that are inside dunno where.

So, let's say I don't do a tear down but a major A&A rebuilding all the pipes, wires and altering the exterior to fake modern look by hacking the walls but keep the pillars and foundations intact.

That would costs me around S$550,000 est.

That would bring the total cost of this property to S$2.55million

To cover my costs, legal processes, applications, my designers, my architects , and contractors and my own time and effort, I have to sell at S$2.85million minimum.

That is...errrrr.....way too much a not feasible venture for me liao.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 02-03-12 at 18:22.

I know why the terraces are all asking about S$2million now.My third eye told me they want to keep $500K cash, buy $800K studio for rental , and buy a $700K property (EC maybe ) for own stay.

Tio bo ? Accurate or not, your handsome brother here. WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I know why the terraces are all asking about S$2million now.My third eye told me they want to keep $500K cash, buy $800K studio for rental , and buy a $700K property (EC maybe ) for own stay.

Tio bo ? Accurate or not, your handsome brother here. WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

umm... your 3rd eye needs some eye drop??... buy studio liow cannot buy EC mah.... if talking about privatised EC then will be normally >800K... if same location then EC should be more expensive than studio...

may be should ask your 3rd eye go sleep liow... take some rest ??...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    umm... your 3rd eye needs some eye drop??... buy studio liow cannot buy EC mah.... if talking about privatised EC then will be normally >800K... if same location then EC should be more expensive than studio...

may be should ask your 3rd eye go sleep liow... take some rest ??...
    Obviously my third eye not sleeping But your fishes all sleeping hor:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...the-rainforest

Please la...noone in this market knows better than me hor....except maybe Uncle Kwek. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Please la...noone in this market knows better than me hor....except maybe Uncle Kwek. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    bro... buy studio liow how to buy rainforest.... or buy rainforest liow how to buy studio...

go buy "dual-key" unit of any EC may be can lah...

buy EC liao how to buy studio?

anyway sell 2mil, keep 500k....buy1mil ocr 3bdr for stay and den buy a 700k studio take 50% loan still got spare to go holidays

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    buy EC liao how to buy studio?

anyway sell 2mil, keep 500k....buy1mil ocr 3bdr for stay and den buy a 700k studio take 50% loan still got spare to go holidays
    wahlaueh.. that's why I suspect u are my business associates hor....why let the cat out? brother devil !!!!

in a strange way MOST handsome bro ur anology makes....sense...maybe owner/agent(same PERSON)...testing market.....anyway in a few weeks i shall check the caveats...THAT ONE doesnt lie...

Let your handsome brother work this out for you:

1800sqft terrace should be asking about S$2 million now in that area.

If I buy, I have to tear down or do a major A&A definately because of the pests that are inside dunno where.

So, let's say I don't do a tear down but a major A&A rebuilding all the pipes, wires and altering the exterior to fake modern look by hacking the walls but keep the pillars and foundations intact.

That would costs me around S$550,000 est.

That would bring the total cost of this property to S$2.55million

To cover my costs, legal processes, applications, my designers, my architects , and contractors and my own time and effort, I have to sell at S$2.85million minimum.

That is...errrrr.....way too much a not feasible venture for me liao.

Good Luck.
    dun be rash la, bro radha, read my post many times and you will get enlightened. My family business have been rebuilding landed since I was like 25 years old....the cost above is not any-o-how one hor.

dun be rash la, bro radha, read my post many times and you will get enlightened. My family business have been rebuilding landed since I was like 25 years old....the cost above is not any-o-how one hor.
    It is abt quality of finishes & workmanship. Developer cum builder like u make a lot of §. DiReconstructed one landed property with the help of contractor friend at abt 300k including all professional fee. Still looking good. Saw a newly A& A house got crack on the way witin 6 mths. owner has a hard time chasing after to retify the problem.

yup bro i realised that a few units near siglap BRAND new built by ECG...land area 1600 to 1700 asking about 3 mil....i guess those they make good money cos they must have bought land few years ago the most 1 to 1.5mil for the land...so total cost about 2.5 million...sell about 2.8 to 3 mil still make a few hundred k...but GOD bless the Buyer...unless buyer is rich with STRONG holding power...

Radha08, have you seen the 3 brand new inter terrace at metropole drive.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...errace-ForSale
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...street_id=2321

In one advertisment that i read (i can't find it now), apparently one unit sold at 2.6 mil.
    Maybe you can ask for lower?
    Or who knows..... mabbe by now all the 3 sold!

Could it be possible the agent just added your name to his prospective buyer list by one dummy ad of a previously sold property?

I know many brothers and sisters aspire to be landed owners. for myself, I have seen many ups and many failed property investment. and that is why i am compelled to share with you my humble little knowledge. i was saved by SOMEONE, and I just feel a little obliged after that incident to brothers/sisters who are aspiring to be a successful property investor. I know.. there must be some ulterior motive right, you say? Of course there is, the motive is to build an awareness of my existence in the Internet so that if ever I got a chance to launch my very own project, it will be a straight ticket to success. Why ? Because after seeing Obama, I know the power of the Invisible Internet.

Now here goes:

For landed, there is such a thing called:

1) plot ratio, building height control or even special planning zones. Take note of this.

2) in the past, landed is mostly valued on the land psf only and a built up price based on condition of the building. Now currently in the landed market, you see a totally lopsided scenario whereby ran down landed asking for skyhigh price.

3) if you look at some new landed, they are building up to the max plot ratio. So, you get a huge building capitalising on a small area. This is because they want to charge you the max. psf possible.

Are the above 3 points wrong ? Of cause not. They are perfectly correct what. Yes, perfectly correct ONLY if :

1) The plot ratio/ building height is expected to increase after you stay like 20 years in them.

2) If the landed is old, then keep in mind most project costs will be overran. If you est. $200K, you better set aside $300K

3) Nothing wrong here, except what if (1) remains constant 20 years later. You have a 20 years old building built to the max. Are you sure you have maintained it well over the years?

So, be very careful when shopping for landed hor. Simply, do not be impulsive and emotional.

Good Luck. That is all I can tell you.

神龙股侠。
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 03-03-12 at 18:07.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Could it be possible the agent just added your name to his prospective buyer list by one dummy ad of a previously sold property?
    why not? how do you explain getting property SMS after donkey years?

They are perfectly correct what. Yes, perfectly correct ONLY if :

1) The plot ratio/ building height is expected to increase after you stay like 20 years in them.

2) If the landed is old, then keep in mind most project costs will be overran. If you est. $200K, you better set aside $300K

3) Nothing wrong here, except what if (1) remains constant 20 years later. You have a 20 years old building built to the max. Are you sure you have maintained it well over the years?

So, be very careful when shopping for landed hor. Simply, do not be impulsive and emotional.

神龙股侠。
    Hi, you are not only handsome but kind too.

May I ask if build house to the maximum, after 20 years if house become old, can't we tear it down and build again?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi, you are not only handsome but kind too.

May I ask if build house to the maximum, after 20 years if house become old, can't we tear it down and build again?
    Of course you can, sister. Think over your question above again cos the answer is in your question. I am sure you will find the answer to your question because you are smart

Of course you can, sister. Think over your question above again cos the answer is in your question. I am sure you will find the answer to your question because you are smart
    Hi bro, in addition to being handsome and kind, you are also very articulate.
    However, this not so smart sister here still liak buay kiu?

In addition, sister buttercarp just reminded me of something. I know some rich but not yet very rich fellows are lurking in this forum. About GCB= Good Class Bungalows.

Take note that it does not mean land size is more than 20,000sqft, it is a GCB hor.

A GCB must be statutory declared by the Authorities as such. A 20,000sqft detached with swimming pool SHALL not be a GCB unless it is labelled as such in the GCB zones.

I came across one old bird agent telling me a 20,000sqft detached is a GCB which I know it is not. So thought I share share with those rich lazy bums lurking here.

So dun any-o-how hamtam hor.....WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

神龙股侠。

PS: please DO NOT Correct the agent's mistake hor. Allow the dumbs to get dumber mah.heheheheheheh
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 03-03-12 at 18:47.

bro blackjacktrader21:

If GCB have a lot of restrictions then why are are they in demand?

How do I check if the place I am living in is a GCB?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    bro blackjacktrader21:

If GCB have a lot of restrictions then why are are they in demand?

How do I check if the place I am living in is a GCB?
    Wah sis chiaberry....u thinking of getting a GCB?
    See-
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...sing-dchbr.pdf

The bungalow plots in the GCBA should have a

minimum development size of 1400m².

GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW AREAS (GCBA)

There are 39 GCBAs comprising prime residential land safeguarded for good class bungalows.......

Good Class Bungalow Areas

The following are Good Class Bungalow Areas (GCBA)#

1 Belmont Park 21 Gallop Road / Woollerton Park

2 Bin Tong Park 22 Garlick Avenue
    3 Binjai Park 23 Holland Park
    4 Brizay Park 24 Holland Rise
    5 Bukit Sedap 25 Kilburn Estate
    6 Bukit Tunggal 26 King Albert Park
    7 Caldecott Hill Estate 27 Leedon Park
    8 Camden Park 28 Maryland Estate
    9 Chatsworth Park 29 Nassim Road
    10 Chee Hoon Avenue 30 Oei Tiong Ham Park
    11 Chestnut Avenue 31 Queen Astrid Park
    12 Cluny Hill 32 Raffles Park
    13 Cluny Park 33 Rebecca Park
    14 Cornwall Gardens 34 Ridley Park
    15 Dalvey Estate 35 Ridout Park
    16 Eng Neo Avenue 36 Swiss Club Road
    17 Ewart Park 37 Victoria Park
    18 First / Third Avenue 38 Windsor Park
    19 Fort Avenue 39 White House Park
    20 Fourth / Sixth Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Radha08, have you seen the 3 brand new inter terrace at metropole drive.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...errace-ForSale
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...street_id=2321

In one advertisment that i read (i can't find it now), apparently one unit sold at 2.6 mil.
    Maybe you can ask for lower?
    Or who knows..... mabbe by now all the 3 sold!
    sigh in all honesty my budget way below that...cos i dont intend to offload my crappy 4rm hdb flat to free up more cashflow....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    sigh in all honesty my budget way below that...cos i dont intend to offload my crappy 4rm hdb flat to free up more cashflow....
    Then quite tough looking for FH in D15 or 16........
    Unless you get the old ones and don't do any A&A.
    Even then some advertise at least 2 mil.

I know many brothers and sisters aspire to be landed owners. for myself, I have seen many ups and many failed property investment. and that is why i am compelled to share with you my humble little knowledge. i was saved by SOMEONE, and I just feel a little obliged after that incident to brothers/sisters who are aspiring to be a successful property investor. I know.. there must be some ulterior motive right, you say? Of course there is, the motive is to build an awareness of my existence in the Internet so that if ever I got a chance to launch my very own project, it will be a straight ticket to success. Why ? Because after seeing Obama, I know the power of the Invisible Internet.

Now here goes:

For landed, there is such a thing called:

1) plot ratio, building height control or even special planning zones. Take note of this.

2) in the past, landed is mostly valued on the land psf only and a built up price based on condition of the building. Now currently in the landed market, you see a totally lopsided scenario whereby ran down landed asking for skyhigh price.

3) if you look at some new landed, they are building up to the max plot ratio. So, you get a huge building capitalising on a small area. This is because they want to charge you the max. psf possible.

Are the above 3 points wrong ? Of cause not. They are perfectly correct what. Yes, perfectly correct ONLY if :

神龙股侠。
    tks bro i just came back from my evening walk after dinner and as i was walking around the estate and looking at all the houses i thought to myself...just like the fingers and toes on my hands and feet...i dont see any two houses that look alike some big some small some new some old....so every house got a story to tell....

a few months ago when i went for an evening walk around my condo in pasir ris looking at all the apts around me my thoughts were different...most apts looked the same and all from financial point of view would be about the same....

moral of story...u want to play landed you better get your act straight and know what u getting into....