Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much is Pavilion Park Landed?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    they may even pyscho their parents to sell their 3rm flat and den use the $ to buy the landed......later den kik them out
    yes I heard of a. few such evil cases le rem when u r old dun ever Trf ownership of flat to children or sell them cheaply wait u dun even have a roof over ur head n no coffin money

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    How can any old folk live in this kind of tiny "landed" ? Climb up/down staircase every hour ??
    To TS, you should hint to your friend, such house is not livable for his parents. No need to think about can afford or not.
    Pavilion park got granny room on first floor.
    Also got household shelter.
    Floor does not have curbs, so good for young kids and old folks.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Do you mind sharing how much you paid for such a piece?

I have never been to that place, and I certainly do not understand if it is a good deal afterall. I need to warn my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    yes I heard of a. few such evil cases le rem when u r old dun ever Trf ownership of flat to children or sell them cheaply wait u dun even have a roof over ur head n no coffin money
    When I got married, my parents "disowned" me.
    I was not allowed to stay with them.
    They also warned me not to stay with my in -laws as they said familiarity breeds contempt and it is better to be cordial but not too close to in- laws.
    I intend to continue this tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

I have never been to that place, and I certainly do not understand if it is a good deal afterall. I need to warn my friend.
    You go URA and check lah.
    To me it is a good deal.
    I am impressed with the greenery and serenity of the environment.
    Each time I enter the development, I don't feel like leaving it.

You go URA and check lah.
    To me it is a good deal.
    I am impressed with the greenery and serenity of the environment.
    Each time I enter the development, I don't feel like leaving it.
    I will convey the message to my friend then.

I do not know what to check anyway.

I will convey the message to my friend then.

I do not know what to check anyway.
    Go to : http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

search for Pavilion Park and you will see the recent transacted price.

Go to : http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

search for Pavilion Park and you will see the recent transacted price.
    Thanks for the link.

Apparently, each landed unit cost 2.4 mil.

I cannot imagine how my friend going to service the loan.

Thanks for the link.

Apparently, each landed unit cost 2.4 mil.

I cannot imagine how my friend going to service the loan.
    IMO, it will be very stretched even if include rental income from HDB. Still have 2 kids... need to spend on child care, enrichment classes...

Why want to stay in a landed which looks nice from outside but everyday so stress about every cent... cannot enjoy life... somethings gotta give - holiday, meals in restaurant etc...

unless he has some other reserve... Government already said that 10k income should stay in HDB, 12k in EC and beyond 12k then private... to stay landed.... I think must be easily above 20k... instalment pay is about 6k (at 1% interest rate)... already 30% of income...

I am truly amaze that he actually thought about it...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if u do volunteer work...u will realise so many bastards kik their parents out

some old folks got a few kids somemore....all bochap
    wow bro now i see u UP...talking about volunteer work...

When I got married, my parents "disowned" me.
    I was not allowed to stay with them.
    They also warned me not to stay with my in -laws as they said familiarity breeds contempt and it is better to be cordial but not too close to in- laws.
    I intend to continue this tradition.
    wow thats very deep...but i guess every family got its own traditions...mine all under 1 roof...DOGS included...

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    interest rate gonna still be < 1% after 10 yr meh?
    go to 3% also u peng san...

Why your friend want style & may not hve good life by over-stretching. It is better to progress slowly. Buy a more affordable lower quantumn apt first & if managaeable invest in another smaller unit by using rental to pay for the mortgage. When time & opportunity are right then buy a reasonable landed property.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    wow thats very deep...but i guess every family got its own traditions...mine all under 1 roof...DOGS included...
    No wonder you need a landed house.
    How many dogs you have?
    Some guard the front, others guard the back?
    Landed + dogs = at night.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

$6k instalment but they have 2 HDB flats to generate $5k income right? Remaining $1k use CPF, so still not an issue right? (even HDB flats instalments if have likely minimal).
    However, frankly speaking, they should just just save more rather than spend on the landed. Private condo 3BRs will be cheaper and good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    IMO, it will be very stretched even if include rental income from HDB. Still have 2 kids... need to spend on child care, enrichment classes...

Why want to stay in a landed which looks nice from outside but everyday so stress about every cent... cannot enjoy life... somethings gotta give - holiday, meals in restaurant etc...

unless he has some other reserve... Government already said that 10k income should stay in HDB, 12k in EC and beyond 12k then private... to stay landed.... I think must be easily above 20k... instalment pay is about 6k (at 1% interest rate)... already 30% of income...

I am truly amaze that he actually thought about it...

How many dogs you have?
    my one all useless dogs...see bangla also wag the tail...

my dog not for protection just company...mans best friend .... especially after u fight with your spouse...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    $6k instalment but they have 2 HDB flats to generate $5k income right? Remaining $1k use CPF, so still not an issue right? (even HDB flats instalments if have likely minimal).
    However, frankly speaking, they should just just save more rather than on the landed. Private condo 3BRs will be cheaper and good enough.
    Maybe true... have to consider how young he is... maybe only 26 and high flyer...
    I am an old fart so getting more prudent since I dont expect to have the same pay in 10 yrs time...

In addition, their parents have just rented their HDB unit for 3kSGD per month with 500kSGD outstanding HDB loan
    I understand my friend's parent sold their unit in Jurong west and upgrade to a mature estate in Tiong Bahru HDB flat, and this is why their parents paid a premium for that. This probably explains why they are still bug down by 500ksgd equivalent loan from HDB through bank loan.

Yes, my friend (01) is currently bunking in with his in-law's (02), wife's brother (01), and his wife (01) with two kids (02). This is a total of 01+02+01+01+02 = 07.

The 3 room HDB flat is around 69-70Sqm, and is fully paid of now.

His household income, combination with his wife is around 10kSGD (max).

I did asked my friend how they bunk together under one roof; he shared one room is for himself, wife and two kids; wife's brother in living room; in-laws in another room.
    I get confused here, if the in laws are staying with him then where his parents stay after renting out TB flat?

Putting aside TB flat, assuming ur friend took a very optimistic view
    2.4m 80% 1.9mil
    1.5% 30yr = 6.5k
    3 rm flat rent out 2.5k
    Cpf 2k
    Cash top up 2k

Or ur friend has an arrangement that his parents stays in his flat, income from TB flat goes into his pocket + in-law's flat rental + cpf + topup to reach the number? If so ur friend ready geng kah liao.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    IMO, it will be very stretched even if include rental income from HDB. Still have 2 kids... need to spend on child care, enrichment classes... ..
    my kids go to very cheap neighborhood childcare n normal enrichment but because I have 2 kids, when my gal turns 3 next yr, average will be spending at least $2k plus per month on their enrichment n classes n mine all cheap cheap if ur friend want to send those Atas like mindchamp or Eton dun even think abt it!!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    However, frankly speaking, they should just just save more rather than spend on the landed. Private condo 3BRs will be cheaper and good enough.
    pretty dangerous to depend on hdb rental to fund purchase;what if due to popular demand, hdb can no longer be rented out? or due to global recession or massive oversupply, hdb rental drop to 1k or nobody renting?

bro, 10k just nice hit limit to buy HDB. Just buy HDB and stay. No need up to landed....... The head so small wanna wear so big hat very dangerous. 10k buy condo already stretch.....

"Do you also know that the average household living in 5-room and executive HDB flats makes $10,160 a month? And that those living in condos and private apartments earn an average income of $18,060 a month? Landed property dwellers make the most – at $24,039 per month on average." - extract

Each house is on about 1500 sqft land, with prob 500 for the car park porch. So the old folks are only restricted to live on the 1st floor room with no window, and right next to the kitchen, store room, no own toilet, all public places, etc all just about 800 sqft or less, and never go upstairs ?? In the old landed design such room is for the maid.

It is really pitiful to house people there. It is best to be a study room or theatre room. Some houses even got partial basement. Not very good for elderly to stay. It's closer to the feet under.
    Each house is on about 1500 sqft land, with prob 500 for the car park porch. So the old folks are only restricted to live on the 1st floor room with no window, and right next to the kitchen, store room, no own toilet, all public places, etc all just about 800 sqft or less, and never go upstairs ?? In the old landed design such room is for the maid.

How many dogs you have?
    I had experience it last time when I stayed landed.. but is very irritating when you can hear some dogs barking non-stop.
    Of course I still preferred landed home.

yea.. i find it miserable for old pple to live in this small room ..

That's the problem with the majority of inter terraces - the small land space.
    Btw Pavilion park is bigger lah. Front porch cab squeeze 2 cars.
    If you wonder why the inter terrace has different land are is becoz the backyard size differ as the land is not exactly regular.
    Eg if the land area is 1600 - 1700 that's quite a fair amount of space.
    There are of course units with even bigger land space eg >2000 sq feet.

If TS's frens family is so big, the younger ones can be upstairs while the old ones remain on the first level.
    The granny room is good size 2 people can live comfortably in it and it has windows.
    There is a toilet just beside it and the toilet is pretty large.
    So it is a good place if he is comfortable with the financial aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    "Do you also know that the average household living in 5-room and executive HDB flats makes $10,160 a month? And that those living in condos and private apartments earn an average income of $18,060 a month? Landed property dwellers make the most – at $24,039 per month on average." - extract
    Where is this from? I think this is more reasonable. Still have to maintain the BMW and Merc leh... it is a package lah.

What is the build-up area for the 1600sqft land area?
    That's the problem with the majority of inter terraces - the small land space.
    Btw Pavilion park is bigger lah. Front porch cab squeeze 2 cars.
    If you wonder why the inter terrace has different land are is becoz the backyard size differ as the land is not exactly regular.
    Eg if the land area is 1600 - 1700 that's quite a fair amount of space.
    There are of course units with even bigger land space eg >2000 sq feet.

If TS's frens family is so big, the younger ones can be upstairs while the old ones remain on the first level.
    The granny room is good size 2 people can live comfortably in it and it has windows.
    There is a toilet just beside it and the toilet is pretty large.
    So it is a good place if he is comfortable with the financial aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    What is the build-up area for the 1600sqft land area?
    The built up is generally the same for the newer phases - about 3000 sq ft, of which 600sq ft is the roof terrace.

So is 3 storeys plus terrace. Just now a group of 4 cars came around my neighbourhood to look for houses in my area. People are still willing to pay for houses at $1400psf. Sorry recent caveat lodged already $1500psf. Amazing!
    The built up is generally the same for the newer phases - about 3000 sq ft, of which 600sq ft is the roof terrace.