Thread: Is it true that bigger units in ocr are more difficult to sell?

Default Is it true that bigger units in ocr are more difficult to sell?

Dear bros & sis,

My friend has been telling me abt how difficult it will be to sell (at a profit) a big unit (e.g 4 bder or PH) in ocr, while talking down on my recent purchase of an unit in parc vera. It was of course bought with a view of own stay but we are also looking at shifting say maybe 8-10 years later, or earlier if resale price is good.

Is it true that bigger units in ocr are more difficult to sell at a gain?

Nowadays, big units are rare. If you are looking at long term(5-8years), inflation will be pushing up prices of everything. So based on this, price should go up. As to u really can gain from the sale, this is dependent on
    1. Interest rate.
    2. Loan Quantum.

If interest rate maintain at current level, I do not see why you cannot make profit. Anyway, the PSF$ for Parc Vera is not high to start with.

Unless it is a niche project, larger OCR properties generally tend to move up slower than the smaller ones. I find that in OCR when the quantum goes up the market shrinks exponentially.

I have always felt that large units in OCR better for self-stay than for investment.

Quote Originally Posted by PV Excit
    Dear bros & sis,

My friend has been telling me abt how difficult it will be to sell (at a profit) a big unit (e.g 4 bder or PH) in ocr, while talking down on my recent purchase of an unit in parc vera. It was of course bought with a view of own stay but we are also looking at shifting say maybe 8-10 years later, or earlier if resale price is good.

Definitely in today's era. maybe next time decentralization takes place, buyer mentality will be different, large units which are freehold in ocr are scarce
    Affordable means small

Nowadays, OCR is hot, CCR is seemingly in a slump. I think even 4 bedder in OCR will be ok lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Nowadays, OCR is hot, CCR is seemingly in a slump. I think even 4 bedder in OCR will be ok lah.
    HDB upgraders prefer new properties. Else there is no point upgrading to an older and smaller condo unit. 4 bedders might be hard to re-sell due to quantum, age and lesser years of lease left. Most families have 3-4 members, so the demand for 3 bedders will be higher.

Yes, bigger units costing > 1.8m takes longer time to sell, regardless of profit.
    It's because buyers with this kind of budget in OCR are very limited.

It needs another 5 yrs to have OCR condo px reach new norm of 1.8m. I hope

Landed properties or large condos unit in CCR will be gems in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Definitely in today's era. maybe next time decentralization takes place, buyer mentality will be different, large units which are freehold in ocr are scarce

Dear bros & sis,

Dont worry. You already made paper gain even before you take the keys. Other projects along the long kang are way higher priced. In fact the staff at the showroom told me the other day that 1 April prices will be raised. In 5 to 10 yrs time, your competition will be the few condos around there. In 10 yrs, it will be the new ECs coming up further up. Even though they are in direct competition, being newer they will also help push up prices. You may not make a huge gain but definitely i doubt you will make any losses.

Tks all! Clearer to me now...

Dear bros & sis,

I tend to disagree on this... check out minton 4 bedder and PHs... all sold out... along with studio... big units and small units are constantly in demand for different reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I tend to disagree on this... check out minton 4 bedder and PHs... all sold out... along with studio... big units and small units are constantly in demand for different reasons...
    Oh ya. Thanks for reminding me. Agent told me PV 4bedders all sold out. Wow. 786sf 2 bedder high floor best stack around 710k. 710sf worst stack lowest floor got 637k la... Still have.

Your question should be, 'Are units with larger living room, bigger bedrooms, etc more difficult to sell?' Consider a 15xx sqft 3 bedder vs a 8xx sqft 3 bedder... would I rather buy a 8xx sqft 3 bedder or pay more for the larger one? Honestly, if the price difference is only a bit higher, I'd definitely go for the bigger units.

Again, this is about supply and demand. All new launches will be looking to shrink room sizes and living room sizes to make home prices look more affordable. In a few years, bigger units will be in higher demand then it'll not be so difficult to sell le... Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Oh ya. Thanks for reminding me. Agent told me PV 4bedders all sold out. Wow. 786sf 2 bedder high floor best stack around 710k. 710sf worst stack lowest floor got 637k la... Still have.
    Yup.... last year when I visited showflat, only left 2 low floor units of 4 bedders. Decided not to offer... not surprise that its all sold out...

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    Nowadays, big units are rare. If you are looking at long term(5-8years), inflation will be pushing up prices of everything. So based on this, price should go up. As to u really can gain from the sale, this is dependent on
    1. Interest rate.
    2. Loan Quantum.

If interest rate maintain at current level, I do not see why you cannot make profit. Anyway, the PSF$ for Parc Vera is not high to start with.

Big units are going to be rare. But also when u say big is it big usable living space ? If all the space are patio or roof top n not usable then might be hard.

Look 1500 is not "bigger" units. These are just "normal" units.
    And Minton 4bd is less than 1.8m tight ? These are still "normal" units, not "large" units.
    These are all normal family size units, easy to sell.

For large ones, go see park natura PHs, all are > 2.5m. these are far slower to move.

Indeed 15xx sqft 3 bedders units are not big big units but compared with 8xx sqft 3 bedders, its nearly twice the area...

Rental yield and demand for large units are also lesser and slower.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think you have to qualify that small MM units in prime locations have much less value and future demand. Imagine you got money and want to squeeze in Mickey-mouse units? That is not the perfect way to show your success!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Your question should be, 'Are units with larger living room, bigger bedrooms, etc more difficult to sell?' Consider a 15xx sqft 3 bedder vs a 8xx sqft 3 bedder... would I rather buy a 8xx sqft 3 bedder or pay more for the larger one? Honestly, if the price difference is only a bit higher, I'd definitely go for the bigger units.

Again, this is about supply and demand. All new launches will be looking to shrink room sizes and living room sizes to make home prices look more affordable. In a few years, bigger units will be in higher demand then it'll not be so difficult to sell le... Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rezo
    Yes..normally bigger size units are more difficult to sell due to higher price!!!
    For 99% of units, there is nearly always that somebody out there who's willing to buy. Just have to wait (sometimes wait long long) but will eventually sell. Most people regret coz after 1 wk and no offer, then 1st offer comes in at 10% below asking and quickly let go. Just wait patiently unless its firesales.

The remaining 1% of units belong to those that probably only have 3 years left in the 99y LH or that unit just got burn down so under police investigation, etc...