Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ground Floor with Patio

Quote Originally Posted by Just
    Agree... But I scare it looks ugly wor.
    Anyway, don't care lah... Still got to wait till 2015.
    Can try this...

http://www.legate.com.sg/

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Criteria for choosing ground floor :
    1. it must be a low rise block, say 4 storey
    2. with trellis, or ledge cover
    3. with green and water features in front.
    4. not too near to the opp units
    5. not in the access path, ie walking path
    6. preferably corner units, exclusively corner
    7. reasonable good size
    8. with power points and water tap
    9. not near to children playground or BBQ etc
    Some ground floor units at Luxurie even come with pte swimming pool!

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Private swimming pool: sounds good but does it mean the owner has to maintain it? No joke to maintain a pool. My sister, who lives in Melbourne, has a pool in her backyard. When I visited her last December, the pump was down and the water had turned a mouldy green. Fortunately, the weather there is cool so there is no putrid smell. I can't imagine this happening in our humid weather.

Sometimes, a lot of 'extras' look nice in theory but don't forget about the maintenance.

anyone has any bad feedback or experience about the invisible grille from this company?

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    Private swimming pool: sounds good but does it mean the owner has to maintain it? No joke to maintain a pool. My sister, who lives in Melbourne, has a pool in her backyard. When I visited her last December, the pump was down and the water had turned a mouldy green. Fortunately, the weather there is cool so there is no putrid smell. I can't imagine this happening in our humid weather.

Sometimes, a lot of 'extras' look nice in theory but don't forget about the maintenance.
    Ya, hopefully the mcst will take care of it.

Or else just engage a company to do regular servicing like air con...

Thanks!
    Will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot

Ya I agree that the maintenance is a headache!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Why need grills? Singapore condo so unsafe? Get a big Dog!
    dogs are useless. u heard of poison meat?

don't tell me you want to sleep in AC every night or open your sliding doors wide when u sleeping on ground floor

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    dogs are useless. u heard of poison meat?

don't tell me you want to sleep in AC every night or open your sliding doors wide when u sleeping on ground floor
    Aiyo, install venetian blinds and drawn it when you sleep la... windows can open as big as you like... got security / guard in the complex right? Don't keep anything expensive in the house... robber come also nothing to rob...

Got rape how?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Aiyo, install venetian blinds and drawn it when you sleep la... windows can open as big as you like... got security / guard in the complex right? Don't keep anything expensive in the house... robber come also nothing to rob...

I don't advise getting those. As mentioned by others, maintenance is a headache. And when it gets older, it can leak....jialat.....it is not worth the expense and trouble.

As my family don't have the habit of sleeping in aircon, thus we will likely have to install grilles and blinds. Lock the grilles and draw the blinds when we sleep lor.

Think it should be quite safe with grilles installed.

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Got rape how?
    If goodlooking, better not buy ground floor. If ugly, celebrate! Anyway, regardless, always get ready baseball bat to rape the rapist back. Landed owners have same problem need to get ready self defense weapon...

As my family don't have the habit of sleeping in aircon, thus we will likely have to install grilles and blinds. Lock the grilles and draw the blinds when we sleep lor.

Just pray you dont have smoker neighbours above, and even if so, that they dont anyhow litter or flick their ashes.... I ever kena 'visit' from downstairs neighbour during windy season. So malu.... But I understand can be fire hazard so I agree to sit in planter to smoke and not stand... Actually this problem part of apartment living. Thats why some bro here say get those low rise development greatly minimise chance of 'strike toto' is so true...

are u for real?

depend on dogs and security guards to protect u and ur property?

reality check time man.

If goodlooking, better not buy ground floor. If ugly, celebrate! Anyway, regardless, always get ready baseball bat to rape the rapist back. Landed owners have same problem need to get ready self defense weapon...

wah lao looks like you really need help

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Got rape how?
    Pretty lady staying alone? Hehehe

Hi my friend, thought you said last week that it looks yucky with the windows grilles up hence you go for ground floor?

are u for real?

depend on dogs and security guards to protect u and ur property?

reality check time man.
    Ya I am very 'reality' thats why I dont keep anything valuable at home. Nothing movable that cost over 2k add up in total.... Don tell me you keep wads of cash and gold bars at home?

wah lao looks like you really need help
    Go bark up another tree la if you have zero sense of humor and only know how to launch personal attacks.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_780074.html

Sometimes instead of looking at the external risks we may do well to pay more attention to internal ones...

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_780074.html

Sometimes instead of looking at the external risks we may do well to pay more attention to internal ones...
    I cannot understand how a top executive of P&G handling millions of dollars in transactions daily can be so mindless as to have the PIN number in the holder of the ATM card.

Too rich, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Hi my friend, thought you said last week that it looks yucky with the windows grilles up hence you go for ground floor?

Ya lor.. It sure will look yucky but got no choice mah.
    I can't be opening the door and sleep... Feels so unsafe if does that.

Guess I.m left with no other options.

Just pray you dont have smoker neighbours above, and even if so, that they dont anyhow litter or flick their ashes.... I ever kena 'visit' from downstairs neighbour during windy season. So malu.... But I understand can be fire hazard so I agree to sit in planter to smoke and not stand... Actually this problem part of apartment living. Thats why some bro here say get those low rise development greatly minimise chance of 'strike toto' is so true...
    Actually even in mid floors may also get cigarette litters, esp. if there is a sizeable balcony.

My friend who stays on the 8th floor in Sea View, was airing his leather jacket in his balcony after back from winter holiday. the next day he found a big cigarette burn mark on his jacket!

Apparently the cig was thrown down by this korean FT tenant who lives 4 stories above him. Initially the korean FT refuse to admit until my friend show him the cig brand ESSE (korean brand) and threaten to engage his lawyer to sue him. The kimchi scared and apologized profusely.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlee
    Actually even in mid floors may also get cigarette litters, esp. if there is a sizeable balcony.

My friend who stays on the 8th floor in Sea View, was airing his leather jacket in his balcony after back from winter holiday. the next day he found a big cigarette burn mark on his jacket!

Apparently the cig was thrown down by this korean FT tenant who lives 4 stories above him. Initially the korean FT refuse to admit until my friend show him the cig brand ESSE (korean brand) and threaten to engage his lawyer to sue him. The kimchi scared and apologized profusely.
    moral of story is .. never geh kiang act cool smoke diff brand. just stick to trusty marlboro

moral of story is .. never geh kiang act cool smoke diff brand. just stick to trusty marlboro
    hahahah good ol' mahbolo... or be super kiang and stay in penthouse sure wont get cig litters

hahahah good ol' mahbolo... or be super kiang and stay in penthouse sure wont get cig litters
    That one you get other 'litter' from angry birds... Imagine tonight special we having Italian alfresco dining. Extra blue cheese on your pasta...

That one you get other 'litter' from angry birds... Imagine tonight special we having Italian alfresco dining. Extra blue cheese on your pasta...
    Hahahah got so 'chun' one meh? Hahahha! But one thing for sure, PH units being on the topmost floor are usually hotter than the middle units coz of the direct sun baking on the roof.

Hahahah got so 'chun' one meh? Hahahha! But one thing for sure, PH units being on the topmost floor are usually hotter than the middle units coz of the direct sun baking on the roof.
    Ya and many say for sunning mattresses, herbs etc v gd

Ya and many say for sunning mattresses, herbs etc v gd
    Or nude tanning! Hmmm... Nice!