Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ground Floor with Patio

Default Ground Floor with Patio

Calling all ground floor owners.
    Here to share tips n experience.

No ground floor owners here ah?

Wanna ask whether does anyone did any wood flooring for the patio area and also the maintenance on that.

Hope to hear some advise here.

Visited one ground unit and found that the owner kept the windows closed where areas could be assessed from the outside. Owner did not have grilles. Heard of couple of break-ins in private condo for ground floor units. Security may be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Visited one ground unit and found that the owner kept the windows closed where areas could be assessed from the outside. Owner did not have grilles. Heard of couple of break-ins in private condo for ground floor units. Security may be an issue.
    wow.... that's scary.
    Ya, we heard of it before... thats why thinking whether we should install grilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Just
    wow.... that's scary.
    Ya, we heard of it before... thats why thinking whether we should install grilles.
    Just, is urs directly behind the water feature? that's beautiful! u save lots of $$ on getting a water feature in the balcony

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Just, is urs directly behind the water feature? that's beautiful! u save lots of $$ on getting a water feature in the balcony
    The one I visited had water feature infront. It was nice but the moment I opened the window, the smell of chlorine put me off. The water feature was also not well maintained. MCST may not want to spend too much money to maintain the water feature and the ground floor unit owners (with water features) will suffer.

hi Price,
    See the site plan... mine is stack25.

Yes, it's direct. Ya, good deal for my unit.

hi Price,
    See the site plan... mine is stack25.
    Wow, wellness of sound everyday 24/7

The one I visited had water feature infront. It was nice but the moment I opened the window, the smell of chlorine put me off. The water feature was also not well maintained. MCST may not want to spend too much money to maintain the water feature and the ground floor unit owners (with water features) will suffer.
    Ya, we were also worried on this problem, but as this water feature is the eco-pond. So we are not so worried.

If it's just a normal water feature, then we will not consider le.

Ya, we were also worried on this problem, but as this water feature is the eco-pond. So we are not so worried.

If it's just a normal water feature, then we will not consider le.
    Wow im excited for u! did u bring ur kids to the show flat? really a good buy for such a size and price!

Wow, wellness of sound everyday 24/7
    Ya, aroma spice garden surrounding somemore wor...hehe

Wow im excited for u! did u bring ur kids to the show flat? really a good buy for such a size and price!
    Thanks thanks
    We did not bring my kids there when we went to view.
    Only brought my kids there last Sunday.... hehe

yeap. it's really good deal!

Ya, aroma spice garden surrounding somemore wor...hehe
    Last week the new SLP agent didnt show me the model. she brought me into the rooms very quickly and tried to get me to drop cheque liao

Thanks thanks
    We did not bring my kids there when we went to view.
    Only brought my kids there last Sunday.... hehe

yeap. it's really good deal!
    I was there on sunday too! after boathouse! think it was around lunch time! the crowd was crazy

I was there on sunday too! after boathouse! think it was around lunch time! the crowd was crazy
    Oh. You were there!
    I know few good agents.

ya, it was crowded last sunday... cos I think the price is going to increase soon... cos launching new phase soon.

Last week the new SLP agent didnt show me the model. she brought me into the rooms very quickly and tried to get me to drop cheque liao
    aiyoyo.... maybe is new.
    i will also send you my cousin's contact.. he works in SLP too. Last sunday he was also on duty at showflat wor

Easy. Just place fierce looking dog at the area where you want to open window... Confirm nobody dare to walk past even.

Any concern on those creepy crawlies?

Ground floor unit nice, most come with big patio and high ceiling...

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Any concern on those creepy crawlies?

Ground floor unit nice, most come with big patio and high ceiling...
    but no privacy, less breeze and more things drop onto your patio
    I am rich in debts...

depending on projects and location. Ang mor like ground flr units. So rental are good.

Bad is has most of the bad attributes of landed - insects, ants, but with less heat. But additional, units above can use your patio as a trash-can.
    Security issue with multiple entry points - at least 2 doors/balcony.

Good - some attributes of landed...little garden, additional back-yard to sun-dry clothes. Within unit - very likely higher ceiling height and of course, bigger strata.

Ang Mor do like ground flr esp when they have babies/young children.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    depending on projects and location. Ang mor like ground flr units. So rental are good.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Bad is has most of the bad attributes of landed - insects, ants, but with less heat. But additional, units above can use your patio as a trash-can.
    Security issue with multiple entry points - at least 2 doors/balcony.

Good - some attributes of landed...little garden, additional back-yard to sun-dry clothes. Within unit - very likely higher ceiling height and of course, bigger strata.

Ang Mor do like ground flr esp when they have babies/young children.

yeah depends on project.. if u get a EC or OCR patio yeah.. maybe even got school boy drop into ur patio!

Ground floor with patio- better to built a roof or trellis above.
    It is for safety reason.
    Many months ago, a knife dropped into one of my neighboutr's patio.
    Fortunately no one was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Ground floor with patio- better to built a roof or trellis above.
    It is for safety reason.
    Many months ago, a knife dropped into one of my neighboutr's patio.
    Fortunately no one was injured.
    knives dropping onto the ground floor patio seems quite common?? coz my friend's ground floor unit in Carabelle also kena knife drop down but in this case it was a chopper!!!!

He managed to get approval to build a roof made of transparent fibreglass so as not to affect the overall look significantly. he thought his problem has been solved.......BUT guess his new problem now? when he looks up at the roof, he sees all the rubbish that has dropped onto his roof instead of his patio floor......rubber bands, tissue papers, etc etc......

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    yeah depends on project.. if u get a EC or OCR patio yeah.. maybe even got school boy drop into ur patio!
    School boy or pussy cat ok... Just please no used condoms or sanitary napkin

Get a low-rise ground flr - you can surely narrow down the culprit to 3-4 offenders. ...

Can return his chopper ...hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    School boy or pussy cat ok... Just please no used condoms or sanitary napkin

If a ground floor patio unit cost the same as a high floor unit, which will u choose? (due to the extra PES area)

Ya, there's definitely pros & cons on ground floor unit.

I have a ground floor unit. Overlooking a mature garden, and beyond which are the landed houses around south buona vista.

Being an older condo, the balcony (which is quite large) comes with a concrete roof, so did not have the problem of rubbish falling onto the balcony (no PES). The unit appealed to the ang mohs. I changed the floor tiles of the balcony to wood-grain printed homogeneous tiles. My current German tenant puts a small dining table and 4 chairs there.

Creepy crawlies are a problem though. But it is not something which cannot be solved by proper pest control. The tenant and I co-pay for yearly pest control of $120per annum. Otherwise nothing else to worry about. Security hadn't been an issue.