Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projects with units facing or close to one another

Default Projects with units facing or close to one another

The Noisy Duo siblings who almost every day come down to the pool to play in my project... Today the younger sister shouted to her bro - I wanna play with your angry bird and then do the bang bang!!!!! Omg if this goes on I may plan to sue the family for outrage of modesty in public...

The other day I heard the couple opposite quarrelling... All do share your experience if you stay in such projects...

My place, neighbours are quite far apart, but recently an FT family move in and when they quarrel, I think the whole block can hear.
    Wow, but thanks to them, one morning I dozed off after my alarm clock rang, they quarrelled so loud that they woke me up!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

so bad?
    Thought the sound-proofing should be good for condos?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    My place, neighbours are quite far apart, but recently an FT family move in and when they quarrel, I think the whole block can hear.
    Wow, but thanks to them, one morning I dozed off after my alarm clock rang, they quarrelled so loud that they woke me up!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    so bad?
    Thought the sound-proofing should be good for condos?
    mabe they nvr close their windows

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Haha. Next time record down and use that as alarm.

I thought MM projects mostly singles, nobody to quarrel with?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    - I wanna play with your angry bird and then do the bang bang!!!!!
    So x-rated??

The Noisy Duo siblings who almost every day come down to the pool to play in my project... Today the younger sister shouted to her bro - I wanna play with your angry bird and then do the bang bang!!!!! Omg if this goes on I may plan to sue the family for outrage of modesty in public...
    So mm ground flr pool facing not tat gd afterall....perhaps those ground flr facing hdb at the back is better....

Family wif kids ground flr goodie....can keep an eye on ur kids

That is why i dont like pool facing units or anything near the pool, pavillion, bbq pit, tennis court, etc. Prefer a unit that faces a wall, some trees or bushes!

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    That is why i dont like pool facing units or anything near the pool, pavillion, bbq pit, tennis court, etc. Prefer a unit that faces a wall, some trees or bushes!
    face wall can hear echo... or sound seems to magnify...tend to be noisier
    face tree believe hav feng shui issue
    bushes...may breed or attract mosquito

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is interesting.
    Ultimately boil down to preference. I still prefer pool view, but on high floor (far from the noise source), or alternatively greenery view, but on high floor as well, many storeys about the top of tree (to avoid insects etc jumping over from the trees into my house).
    Always avoid tennis court view (very very noisy), rubbish dump view, big + traffic junctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo

My block is facing the HDB flats, about 3-4 cars lane away. It is actually very quiet unless someone is shouting in the middle of the night. On the other hand, when I was at my yard, I could hear parents scolding and children crying and also children playing at the pool, shouting here and there, and all these noises come from the condo itself.

That's the disadvantage of units facing the pool. Can get very noisy

happen for your CSR??

i agree.. the echo effect amplifies any noise..

Quote Originally Posted by darling
    Haha. Next time record down and use that as alarm.
    +1 to you... nearly spilled my coffee

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    i agree.. the echo effect amplifies any noise..
    scientifically dun make sense rite? sound energy will be partly absorb by physical wall rite? yes sound can bounce off wall but i doubt it can amplifies it

echo yes, but u sure can magnify sound energy meh?

and it also depends where the source of the noise from rite?

care to share y face trees may haf FS issue? nvr heard b4....or u mean facing banana tree? wakakaka

Sound travels upwards.
    I live 2 floors above the quarrelsome FT neighbour, that's why can hear. Sound not loud, but you will know that they are raising their voice.
    I have asked their neighbours on the same level but they say it is ok, can hear them quarrel but not loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    That's the disadvantage of units facing the pool. Can get very noisy
    Yes but when chio bu swimming in bikini or hunk in trunks well at least the sight is enjoyable... Seriously, late night 1am when all still and quiet and light breeze blowing... Wow its shiok feeling if you house by the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    So x-rated??
    Thats why... Parents never teach properly lol

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I thought MM projects mostly singles, nobody to quarrel with?
    Ya but they mix 2 or 3 bedder in the project... And remember there are some squeezing whole family in 380sf...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    So mm ground flr pool facing not tat gd afterall....perhaps those ground flr facing hdb at the back is better....

Family wif kids ground flr goodie....can keep an eye on ur kids
    I was kidding... It was amusing to hear. But not funny when they make noise and I need to take important call or need to concentrate on work. But there always the option of turn on ac and close all windows. Its really sound proof cant hear a thing. Fascina brand rocks... Fragrance and World Class the only MM developer so far who uses it. Others all use thin thin brandless...

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    Face wall... Hmmm may I recommend this Mountbatten Suites unit... Errr

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    That is interesting.
    Ultimately boil down to preference. I still prefer pool view, but on high floor (far from the noise source), or alternatively greenery view, but on high floor as well, many storeys about the top of tree (to avoid insects etc jumping over from the trees into my house).
    Always avoid tennis court view (very very noisy), rubbish dump view, big + traffic junctions.
    Aiya seriously if your house got inhouse chute or not spick and span or of certain age, definitely got creepy crawlies visit time and again... Regardless which floor. I ever encounter wasp sting my ankle in my bedroom on 21st floor ok. Hmmm forgot to buy 4D...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    scientifically dun make sense rite? sound energy will be partly absorb by physical wall rite? yes sound can bounce off wall but i doubt it can amplifies it
    Not literally amplified but the echo multiplies to the extent creating a concerted larger sound that is perceived...

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    My block is facing the HDB flats, about 3-4 cars lane away. It is actually very quiet unless someone is shouting in the middle of the night. On the other hand, when I was at my yard, I could hear parents scolding and children crying and also children playing at the pool, shouting here and there, and all these noises come from the condo itself.
    4 cars lane distance is luxury... The opposite block in the condo is only 8m away from me... Across the pool. And some people dunno know how to swim or not splash until sky high and super noisy. This pool 16m length nia and yet there are at least 3 different jokers like to show off their Butterfly strokes. I mean, come on?!! Butterfly in a tiny pool? Omg

Yes but when chio bu swimming in bikini or hunk in trunks well at least the sight is enjoyable... Seriously, late night 1am when all still and quiet and light breeze blowing... Wow its shiok feeling if you house by the pool.
    That's provided you have babes and hunks in your condo.

What if most of them are fat aunties and uncles parading in front of you everytime you look out of your windows?

I was kidding... It was amusing to hear. But not funny when they make noise and I need to take important call or need to concentrate on work. But there always the option of turn on ac and close all windows. Its really sound proof cant hear a thing. Fascina brand rocks... Fragrance and World Class the only MM developer so far who uses it. Others all use thin thin brandless...
    yes i agree their windows power....din noe the brand name until u point it out....it feel heavy and definitely very soundproof