Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Suites Aljunied (Freehold Sims Avenue Distinct Home (Sims) Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    yup 1+1 bedder...slightly over 1400 psf...freehold, city fringe and next to MRT is reasonable loh
    Great! how big is their 1+1? i remember they have pretty bad layout for certain units. Hope u didnt get those!

I just bought this - 3-4 min walk to Aljunied and gross rental yield of 6% got me to sign on the dotted line...

hopefully no regrets!
    Congrats. But will like to ask if you had considered Centra Residence or Centra Suites/Studio which going TOP very soon?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Great! how big is their 1+1? i remember they have pretty bad layout for certain units. Hope u didnt get those!
    from 452 to 484...i got those with very squarish layout with option to turn balcony into living.space
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Congrats. But will like to ask if you had considered Centra Residence or Centra Suites/Studio which going TOP very soon?
    Yeah i did but those are further from MRT with geylang address...layout and maintenance also not ideal
    I am rich in debts...

http://www.addytan.com/[email protected]

Type N, N1 & N2 floor plan are impressive!!

from 452 to 484...i got those with very squarish layout with option to turn balcony into living.space
    "option to turn balcony into living space".... Can share how is it done?

The Type N layout is shocking indeed... I am not sure if I stay there when I walk out of the house will my head slant one side or not...

Centra Residences not good lar

Quote Originally Posted by newhomes

Yes this is the crazy layout i was talking about! Whoever who buys into this, Good Luck!

Centra Residences not good lar
    Why not good? care to share?
    I very close to buy a 1+1 unit a month ago, but end up i decided to on hold and wait. dont know now still hv available units or not.
    location wise is not as smart suites near to mrt, but also ard 500-600 meters to kallang mrt only.

Why not good? care to share?
    I very close to buy a 1+1 unit a month ago, but end up i decided to on hold and wait. dont know now still hv available units or not.
    location wise is not as smart suites near to mrt, but also ard 500-600 meters to kallang mrt only.
    1. Use google map to measure the distance.
    2. Take a stroll to the MRT urself
    3. Ask Developer to explain expected TOP of 2017. (they wont tell u, or will just try to smoke u)

2017 leh, u can buy a massive project like Watertown maybe TOP earlier.

Lastly, with such a distance from MRT, there're many better buys in Geylang or other FH MM in the city fringe.

Thanks for the info.
    Any secret that the top is on 2017?
    Initially I was aiming on studio8, but the psf price is too high for me.

"option to turn balcony into living space".... Can share how is it done?
    my layout is type P/Q - very squarish, no wasted space - for 3K developer will hack away the doors separating balcony and living room and level up the balcony floor to the same as living room....i did not choose this option though...

Centra Suites further back in the Geylang lorong is selling same price, same concept (though they have smaller suits of 300+ sq ft hence smaller quantum) but further from MRT, with Geylang address so I decided to give that a miss
    I am rich in debts...

my layout is type P/Q - very squarish, no wasted space - for 3K developer will hack away the doors separating balcony and living room and level up the balcony floor to the same as living room....i did not choose this option though...

Centra Suites further back in the Geylang lorong is selling same price, same concept (though they have smaller suits of 300+ sq ft hence smaller quantum) but further from MRT, with Geylang address so I decided to give that a miss
    Bro, they selling same price because it's a subsale. U gonna get the unit this year. Time value of money man

Bro, they selling same price because it's a subsale. U gonna get the unit this year. Time value of money man
    Huh? I heard those were prices of remaining units...how can be sub-sale with SSD in? Anyways no offense to anyone (especially OKT) but I prefer non Geylang addresses
    I am rich in debts...

The Type N layout is shocking indeed... I am not sure if I stay there when I walk out of the house will my head slant one side or not...
    This is good! Coz when AV raid comes the police all confused giving tenant time to exit!

Huh? I heard those were prices of remaining units...how can be sub-sale with SSD in? Anyways no offense to anyone (especially OKT) but I prefer non Geylang addresses
    huh? bro i think u got conned. check URA those projects were long sold out. they dont have SSD lar. before jan 2011 leh -.-

If you dont want geylang address there's a few others as well. suites @ sims, sims edge etc. but it's okay u already bought! look forward to TOP!!

huh? bro i think u got conned. check URA those projects were long sold out. they dont have SSD lar. before jan 2011 leh -.-

If you dont want geylang address there's a few others as well. suites @ sims, sims edge etc. but it's okay u already bought! look forward to TOP!!
    nah i didn't get conned, I wasn't that keen in the first place. Suites@Sims smaller number of units (48, and higher maintenance) as well as too far from MRT (>500m) - if you ask me, I would rather be closer to one MRT than stuck in the middle between 2

Sims Edge is Geylang address leh and while is 500m from MRT, is still too far for my liking...

Yeah looking forward to TOP in 1Q 2014
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    This is good! Coz when AV raid comes the police all confused giving tenant time to exit!
    Not like a lot of exit points lor lol

Hack away balcony doors?!? Sounds shady. Developer may land in trouble and those units who opted may coz big delay in TOP or worse not approved.... Who the developer? What other projects have they done?

34 sold at 1448psf median in mar.

Not like a lot of exit points lor lol
    Look on the other angle not a lot of entry pt too.

Hack away balcony doors?!? Sounds shady. Developer may land in trouble and those units who opted may coz big delay in TOP or worse not approved.... Who the developer? What other projects have they done?
    they are not well known and quite new...you can google yourself. Their lack of reputation is already priced into this project liao...
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Look on the other angle not a lot of entry pt too.
    Wakakaka you are funny bro I like

Was at the show room previously, throughout the viewing session, the noises from the sheer number of buses that passed by Sims Ave really drives me crazy...

Guess this issue is common to other projects along Sims Ave (e.g. Sims Edge, Suites@Sims, Centra Heights, etc), pity the road-facing units, especially the low floor ones, the air pollution could be quite bad...

Too bad arh, given that Sims Ave actually sounds much better than addresses with "Geylang" in essentially the same area.

R, R1 & R2 also quite "impressive"...

Updates in June 2012:

Site is cleaned-up and all set for construction.

Showroom is pretty much quiet nowadays...

4 units sold, 3 units left in May 2012...

Construction Updates as at July 2012:

1. Showroom is being torn down.
    2. Construction materials are moving in.
    3. Workers covering the site with huge canvas...

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever
    4 units sold, 3 units left in May 2012...
    i bet those units left are the really odd-shaped ones...
    I am rich in debts...