Thread: HUA SING PHONE SCAM! BEWARE

Default HUA SING PHONE SCAM! BEWARE

Hi Guys,

I received a series of calls from this company 'Hua Sing' (they speak in mandarin and call was either Blocked or from Hong Kong, +852 6725 7360)

1st Call - they invite you to a charity event to lower your guard
    2nd Call - they ask if you are at the event itself (which most of us won't attend coz we are busy or wondering what this dubious company is doing)
    3rd Call - they claim you won a prize but weren't at the location itself to claim the prize.

They then request for your personal information so that they can verify your particulars, which I didn't.

I found them dubious and called Singapore Police Force, which they say yes, it's a SCAM and they received numerous reports on it.

DON'T REVEAL YOUR INFORMATION TO THESE SCUMS.

The moment I see a China or hong Kong number I am on my guard. The moment I hear an unfamiliar person speaking in Chinese, I will respond in other languages and the party will hang up.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    The moment I see a China or hong Kong number I am on my guard. The moment I hear an unfamiliar person speaking in Chinese, I will respond in other languages and the party will hang up.
    Wahaha nice one sis!

This reminds me of my personal experience. Got a call from a chinese speaking operator. She asked for my time but I declined. She insisted that I give her opportunity so after declining 2 more times, I let her speak. Half way through the conversation, I cut her and said I'm not interested. Then she insisted that I must let her finish. After she finished, I said sorry I'm not interested. She scolded me and said why I didn't tell her from the beginning and insinuated that I wasted her time. Before I could scold her, she slammed the phone in my face. I don't know what hit me... Crap calls!

after she finish her 1st sentence.
    me " you call the wrong number"
    she " i didnt call the wrong number"
    I hang up anyway

Ya. I said Sorry I cant speak Chinese...

can try my korean language on them..

anyway, my method is....end the call immediately before she can finish her second sentence..

Next time if I receive such calls, I will ask her if she's the prize but since she is a phone operator likely is "Laga lorry" one.

I scared I want to do gift exchange with people, people see you run away Liao....

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Hi Guys,

I received a series of calls from this company 'Hua Sing' (they speak in mandarin and call was either Blocked or from Hong Kong, +852 6725 7360)

1st Call - they invite you to a charity event to lower your guard
    2nd Call - they ask if you are at the event itself (which most of us won't attend coz we are busy or wondering what this dubious company is doing)
    3rd Call - they claim you won a prize but weren't at the location itself to claim the prize.

They then request for your personal information so that they can verify your particulars, which I didn't.

I found them dubious and called Singapore Police Force, which they say yes, it's a SCAM and they received numerous reports on it.

DON'T REVEAL YOUR INFORMATION TO THESE SCUMS.
    On 1st Mar, my home phone rung, it was an overseas call, luckily I have a caller ID, so I didn't pick it up. The number is 852-221-69364.

Few years back, my sister received a home call, a boy was crying and he kept calling her mummy and murmuring about something which my sister couldn't hear properly, it sounds like her son. Luckily she has a caller ID and the number appeared to be an overseas calls. She knew that it was a trap because her sons were in Singapore, she quickly hung up the phone and called her sons immediately to confirm that they were safe.

just hang up any chinese call..don't give them chance.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    On 1st Mar, my home phone rung, it was an overseas call, luckily I have a caller ID, so I didn't pick it up. The number is 852-221-69364.

Few years back, my sister received a home call, a boy was crying and he kept calling her mummy and murmuring about something which my sister couldn't hear properly, it sounds like her son. Luckily she has a caller ID and the number appeared to be an overseas calls. She knew that it was a trap because her sons were in Singapore, she quickly hung up the phone and called her sons immediately to confirm that they were safe.
    I got secret code with kids.
    That's my way of confirming that they are who they are.

Brilliant idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    just hang up any chinese call..don't give them chance.
    Same here. As long as dun sound local Just say not interested n hang up. U hang up straight away they call again leh.

Quote Originally Posted by darling
    Same here. As long as dun sound local Just say not interested n hang up. U hang up straight away they call again leh.
    Sell them your product lor... tell them you are selling magnetic bed, etc, must meet up to demonstrate so arrange for a meeting time and place... Lol...think they'll hang up on you...

that's a brilliant idea! must do this with my kid when he's old enough to know how to use secret code

I usually do not answer calls starting with +852 coz I've got nobody there except my cousin who blocks her number on her recipients' caller ID anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Sell them your product lor... tell them you are selling magnetic bed, etc, must meet up to demonstrate so arrange for a meeting time and place... Lol...think they'll hang up on you...

Lol, I will tell them I'm a pimp and her voice sounds good then ask her for a career switch.

Well, vice is better than fraud will be the noble ambition in my offer.

Irritating bunch with ill intentions.

Why can't these people find a decent job like telesales, irritating as well but at least it's an honest living.

Secret code is good. Must implement when my kid grow up.