Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 381318232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    Link please. Btw, I hope this fb acct is managed by buyers instead of agents. We can discuss progress & latest update. I have another condo whereby fb acct is managed by our own purchasers. They control & limit agents, advertisement etc.

Yes, only for buyers to discuss progress and latest update.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    You want to come back to Kallang area meh?
    Already am.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

17 more sold at 1377psf median in June. 318 left.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    17 more sold at 1377psf median in June. 318 left.
    Sales very slow. A good piece of land but surrounding areas have decrease the value.

Default honest opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    Sales very slow. A good piece of land but surrounding areas have decrease the value.
    hi guys i just wanna revive a very quiet thread.

ive been looking at this development for sometime. i quite like it due to proximity to city and transport networks. nearby amenities also seem quite good, ie market, citysquare mall etc. to me the price also rather reasonable compared to more recent launches like j gateway and all those tanah merah ones. just need some very honest opinions on this project, including future potential, in terms of investment vs own stay. thanks in advance.

If you dun mind the noise from the school behind and the smelly river, then i say go ahead with this purchase.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by betterman1234
    If you dun mind the noise from the school behind and the smelly river, then i say go ahead with this purchase.
    FYI, The river is not smelly, no need for yr N95 mask
    Not so sure about the noise in school.
    waiting game for buyer/Developer.
    See Who blink first

One thing why it is moving so slow is the floor plan. A lot of space is wasted. They also market air space as square feet to sell to you.
    Other than that location is good. Price is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    One thing why it is moving so slow is the floor plan. A lot of space is wasted. They also market air space as square feet to sell to you.
    Other than that location is good. Price is reasonable.
    Pros (to me):
    1. good location, city fringe. relatively central location means most places in singapore is equally accessible.
    2. walkable to mrt. equidistant to nex mall in serangoon and dhoby gaut (city).
    3. amenities. very walkable to bendemeer food centre which is where the mrt is. plenty of banks nearby. fast food like mac/ kfc also there.
    4. accessible. PIE is near yet faraway enough. no PIE noise.
    5. adjacent to kallang riverside where plans have been made for massive upgrading
    6. old estate, on a precious piece of city fringe land (there's also a flip side. see below). lots of potential for redevelopment and upgrading and thus raising prices of homes in the area

Cons (to me):
    1. In btween 2 main roads. possibly noisy, unless u get a high floor unit. in which case, the view may be very good.
    2. traffic. known to be quite congested around the area.
    3. old estate. many people do not like the grotty and somewhat "lower class" neighbourhood.
    4. quite a crowded development with many units in a relatviely small plot of land. but then again which city fringe project isnt??

Ok ive tried to be as neutral as i possibly can. appreciate all input!

PS: btw i think being beside a school is good. at least school hours are regular, there's always going to be peace at night. besides, it's also low-rise; acting as a buffer from other tall buildings

Quote Originally Posted by betterman1234
    Hahaha if you say so...
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

site plan is too compact! space too crowded. Design lacks clarity and freshness . Multistorey car park ( like HDB development)has taken up too much valuable ground floor garden space. The terrace houses too, doesnot seem to fit into the overall planning. Development is too close to very noisy street. However, the location has great potential; one should check URA master plan, discover the enbloc potential of the surrounding FH properties and also..., the nearby old HDB blocks, which may potentially be rezoned and relocated.

Talking enbloc

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78
    site plan is too compact! space too crowded. Design lacks clarity and freshness . Multistorey car park ( like HDB development)has taken up too much valuable ground floor garden space. The terrace houses too, doesnot seem to fit into the overall planning. Development is too close to very noisy street. However, the location has great potential; one should check URA master plan, discover the enbloc potential of the surrounding FH properties and also..., the nearby old HDB blocks, which may potentially be rezoned and relocated.
    Land diagonally opposite Eight Riversuites has been enbloc (landed house & shop houses have moved out). Anyone has info on the plan for this piece of land?

Quote Originally Posted by iforum
    Land diagonally opposite Eight Riversuites has been enbloc (landed house & shop houses have moved out). Anyone has info on the plan for this piece of land?
    Not for private
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24
    Pros (to me):
    1. good location, city fringe. relatively central location means most places in singapore is equally accessible.
    2. walkable to mrt. equidistant to nex mall in serangoon and dhoby gaut (city).
    3. amenities. very walkable to bendemeer food centre which is where the mrt is. plenty of banks nearby. fast food like mac/ kfc also there.
    4. accessible. PIE is near yet faraway enough. no PIE noise.
    5. adjacent to kallang riverside where plans have been made for massive upgrading
    6. old estate, on a precious piece of city fringe land (there's also a flip side. see below). lots of potential for redevelopment and upgrading and thus raising prices of homes in the area

Cons (to me):
    1. In btween 2 main roads. possibly noisy, unless u get a high floor unit. in which case, the view may be very good.
    2. traffic. known to be quite congested around the area.
    3. old estate. many people do not like the grotty and somewhat "lower class" neighbourhood.
    4. quite a crowded development with many units in a relatviely small plot of land. but then again which city fringe project isnt??

Ok ive tried to be as neutral as i possibly can. appreciate all input!

PS: btw i think being beside a school is good. at least school hours are regular, there's always going to be peace at night. besides, it's also low-rise; acting as a buffer from other tall buildings
    One more pro is that the maintenance fees will remain below average in view of the large number of units.

If you are ok with the cons, this is one of the best values in the market right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    One more pro is that the maintenance fees will remain below average in view of the large number of units.

If you are ok with the cons, this is one of the best values in the market right now.
    Would like to add that personally the facade is going to be quite stylish and it is going to the most iconic development in that vicinity.

Would like to add that personally the facade is going to be quite stylish and it is going to the most iconic development in that vicinity.
    Are u vested nav14?

Yes I have to agree that eight riversuites will be highlight and icon of boon keng. Until the next new condo comes along haha.

up to now i feel that the pros >> cons, but if i do get a unit it will be on a high floor. just trying to get other's opinions too.

how about the land adjacent to eight riversuites? any idea what it will turn out to be? someone must have some info... shopping centre? new hdb? condo? mixed development?

Unblocked front and back
    3 mrt stops to dhoby ghaut
    Near to 2 MRT stations of 2 diff lines
    Mins from city
    Location is a big plus
    When market is slow, it will be easy to rent in my view or good to stay
    Even Tanah merah is selling 1500psf, to me this project is priced very well
    there are some irritations like the townhouse
    Some pros more than con to me
    I'm vested by the way
    left mainly with large quantum bigger units

I saw a project, upper east coast, similar Psf and maintenance is $400 per month for compact 2 bedders.. This is just 50pct of it

I got a 3 bedder here few mths back despite all the cons mentioned. Some of the cons you can try to mitigate by choosing an appropriate unit.

Cons (for me) and my appropriate action:
    1) Noise from School (I chose a unit that is facing opposite side; facing whampoa east slip road)
    2) Noise from the Serangoon road and Bendemeer road (my unit is not at the edge of the project beside either of the 2 main roads
    3) Common rooms are very small, can only fit a single bed (I went for 3 bedroom even though I only need 2 at the moment, may go for space saving design/furniture if I plan to stay there)
    4) 800+ units in ~200,000 sqft area (doesn't really concern me, I stayed in condo before and seldom use the facilities much, pro is the maintenance is $100 cheaper than my previous place which was only a 1+1 bedder.)
    5) Higher floors can get expensive very quickly in terms of psf (I got a low floor unit, don't really care about the view, if I need to enjoy the view I can always go to any of the 4 rooftops anytime

Pros:
    1) Location Price Location (Sure it is not the best location but the starting psf is cheaper than many new launches that are further out which makes it value for money), city fringe and easy to go to town.
    2) Proximity to MRT (~350m from boon keng mrt, lots of buses and amenities around, if need to rent out don't have to worry can rent out or not, it is just how much you can rent it out for)
    3) Potential price appreciation due to enhancements/upgrades in the area (location is good but price is low due to neighbourhood, so there is always an upside when surrounding area gets upgraded)

Thanks for your contribution.

To each his own, but for me i dont think ill mind the school behind. i like it cos its low rise, which means that either way u face the view should be decent if u get a mid-high floor unit. The thing about the units facing whampoa east road is that these units will get afternoon sun...

that being said, i must agree on 3 points u raised:
    1. price - seems reasonable in comparison to tanah merah, bedok, redhill and jurong as well as many others.
    2. potential price appreciation - no one knows for sure, but in an estate so old and so close to the city.. things are likely to happen. when, where, what, i only wish i knew!
    3. maintenence fee - i dont know the exact amount but from what i can tell it's a lot lower than other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Imm
    I got a 3 bedder here few mths back despite all the cons mentioned. Some of the cons you can try to mitigate by choosing an appropriate unit.

Cons (for me) and my appropriate action:
    1) Noise from School (I chose a unit that is facing opposite side; facing whampoa east slip road)
    2) Noise from the Serangoon road and Bendemeer road (my unit is not at the edge of the project beside either of the 2 main roads
    3) Common rooms are very small, can only fit a single bed (I went for 3 bedroom even though I only need 2 at the moment, may go for space saving design/furniture if I plan to stay there)
    4) 800+ units in ~200,000 sqft area (doesn't really concern me, I stayed in condo before and seldom use the facilities much, pro is the maintenance is $100 cheaper than my previous place which was only a 1+1 bedder.)
    5) Higher floors can get expensive very quickly in terms of psf (I got a low floor unit, don't really care about the view, if I need to enjoy the view I can always go to any of the 4 rooftops anytime

Pros:
    1) Location Price Location (Sure it is not the best location but the starting psf is cheaper than many new launches that are further out which makes it value for money), city fringe and easy to go to town.
    2) Proximity to MRT (~350m from boon keng mrt, lots of buses and amenities around, if need to rent out don't have to worry can rent out or not, it is just how much you can rent it out for)
    3) Potential price appreciation due to enhancements/upgrades in the area (location is good but price is low due to neighbourhood, so there is always an upside when surrounding area gets upgraded)

Thanks for your contribution.

To each his own, but for me i dont think ill mind the school behind. i like it cos its low rise, which means that either way u face the view should be decent if u get a mid-high floor unit. The thing about the units facing whampoa east road is that these units will get afternoon sun...

that being said, i must agree on 3 points u raised:
    1. price - seems reasonable in comparison to tanah merah, bedok, redhill and jurong as well as many others.
    2. potential price appreciation - no one knows for sure, but in an estate so old and so close to the city.. things are likely to happen. when, where, what, i only wish i knew!
    3. maintenence fee - i dont know the exact amount but from what i can tell it's a lot lower than other projects.
    Actually if you choose mid-high units facing whampoa east in block 6, no west sun as block 10 will shade block 6. Block 6 is also away from main road noise.

JTC has a master plan for the nearby Kallang ipark, go and find out if you have friend working in JTC or google it for some info. The transformation of Kallang ipark has started, Aperia, CT Hub 1 and CT Hub 2 are in good shape. From URA master plan 2008, industry buildings along Kallang river will be phased out. The land along river is eventually for residential and recreational development.

The million dollar question is when will this rejuvenation be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Congress
    JTC has a master plan for the nearby Kallang ipark, go and find out if you have friend working in JTC or google it for some info. The transformation of Kallang ipark has started, Aperia, CT Hub 1 and CT Hub 2 are in good shape. From URA master plan 2008, industry buildings along Kallang river will be phased out. The land along river is eventually for residential and recreational development.

The million dollar question is when will this rejuvenation be completed.
    Looking at the Masterplan, we can see that the plot ratio of surrounding land not max out yet. One example is Euro Asia Apartment. Once these developments get en-bloc, there will be a lift to the land value and correspondingly price levels.

Are u vested nav14?

Yes I have to agree that eight riversuites will be highlight and icon of boon keng. Until the next new condo comes along haha.

up to now i feel that the pros >> cons, but if i do get a unit it will be on a high floor. just trying to get other's opinions too.

how about the land adjacent to eight riversuites? any idea what it will turn out to be? someone must have some info... shopping centre? new hdb? condo? mixed development?
    There is a new condo under development opposite diagonally from 8RiverSuites (in front of Bendemeer Primary School). It is called Regent Residences.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    Looking at the Masterplan, we can see that the plot ratio of surrounding land not max out yet. One example is Euro Asia Apartment. Once these developments get en-bloc, there will be a lift to the land value and correspondingly price levels.
    If I am not wrong, Euro-Asia tried to get en-bloc before, but was unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by angel.tan
    I get to know the enblock news is from When i go to the M66 showroom the agent whose selling M66 that time selling the project also mention that euro Asia going to en block as a selling point of M 66 Because their show room is near to euro asia .But no news of the enblock after that .

There is a new condo under development opposite diagonally from 8RiverSuites (in front of Bendemeer Primary School). It is called Regent Residences.
    I was referring to the plot diagonally opposite eight riversuites on the serangoon road side. The shophouses and landed terraces have been cleared recently. Very curious about the potential use of this piece of land. Anyone knows please share!

That's because the asking price was too high. That's 3 yrs ago in 2010. The project looks really run down. At some point the owners will want to try en-bloc again, esp when they find they can't compete with 8RS and RR for tenants.

I was referring to the plot diagonally opposite eight riversuites on the serangoon road side. The shophouses and landed terraces have been cleared recently. Very curious about the potential use of this piece of land. Anyone knows please share!
    I'm also quite curious about what's gonna happen to that area haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandbutt
    I'm also quite curious about what's gonna happen to that area haha.
    Maybe someone can enquire on the SLA site to find out who the owner of the land is.