Thread: Condo without utility room

Default Condo without utility room

Hi,

For those who bought a condo without a utility room, where do you store your barang barang such as vacum cleaner, shopping trolley etc.? Please share some of your creative use of space. Thanks.

just spend money to install build-in storage loh...such as in the study room, dining/living room, bedroom....but worst is using wc for storage

Do you have a store room. Mine has a store room and utility room separately. My utility room can actually use for maid room, haha. Put all your barang barang at the yard lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    Hi,

For those who bought a condo without a utility room, where do you store your barang barang such as vacum cleaner, shopping trolley etc.? Please share some of your creative use of space. Thanks.
    A friend of mine built 2 slim cabinents on both walls of his balcony to store the barang barang. I found it be a good idea. Can even store a ladder.

I have purchased a 2+1 unit and it will come without a balcony nor a storeroom. Just 2 bedrooms and 1 study room in addition to a kitchen and living room.

I've not seen any 1 and 2 bedders that comes with utility room. Most of them these days dont even have a proper "kitchen room"

Get used to it.
    Bartley Resi - 1 bed-rm suite even better...no wardrobe ...must convert the bomb-shelter to a 'walk-in wardrobe...

Storage will be a tremendous issue for all new condos...it's only a dream to look at at the show-flat point. Other than that, where to store basic needs will be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Get used to it.
    Bartley Resi - 1 bed-rm suite even better...no wardrobe ...must convert the bomb-shelter to a 'walk-in wardrobe...

Storage will be a tremendous issue for all new condos...it's only a dream to look at at the show-flat point. Other than that, where to store basic needs will be a nightmare.
    I guess different people have different needs and there are pros and cons of having a smaller apartment. For me, it's just me and my spouse and I'm the one doing all the housework; hence downgrading to a smaller apartment to reduce the amount of housework I have to do. In a way, it also forces us to de-clutter and keep only the bare essentials.

I'm already thinking of a slim and small robotic vacuum cleaner and digitalizing all old photos to reduce space. The rest will have to junk.

thats y having a bomb shelter in the living room or in the kitchen is good.
    in the bomb shelter,u can add in space by putting stowage racks to keep your stuff.
    its essential to have storage space for all our barang2. eg: travelling suitcase,vacumn cleaner,broom,shoes,newspapers etc...
    everyone of us will have barang2 regardless i m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    I guess different people have different needs and there are pros and cons of having a smaller apartment. For me, it's just me and my spouse and I'm the one doing all the housework; hence downgrading to a smaller apartment to reduce the amount of housework I have to do. In a way, it also forces us to de-clutter and keep only the bare essentials.

I'm already thinking of a slim and small robotic vacuum cleaner and digitalizing all old photos to reduce space. The rest will have to junk.
    Ya, I also thought of shifting to a smaller apartment when my children get married, reason same as you, reduce the amount of housework, no more energy oredi. Storage becomes a big challenge. Maybe put them in the boxes and stack up, write the item names on the box. so that it will be easier to find later on.

Usually people use the bombshelter as the store room. I installed a metallic shelf in it to house my stuff neatly. However, I do hear of people using the bombshelter as a bedroom for their domestic helper. Is that possible and is it allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Usually people use the bombshelter as the store room. I installed a metallic shelf in it to house my stuff neatly. However, I do hear of people using the bombshelter as a bedroom for their domestic helper. Is that possible and is it allowed?
    Huh? how do they do that?

No windows, no ventilation, door so heavy. Maid abuse!

In times of emergency, we are supposed to camp inside this bomb shelter, while waiting for help..., liveable? probably yes, since Gahmen implement for us to follow ?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Huh? how do they do that?

No windows, no ventilation, door so heavy. Maid abuse!
    Don't showflat usually show the bombshelter as a maid's room? Well I went to a particular project and noticed that the developer installed a second lighter door on the bombshelter so it can be used as a bedroom without closing that heavier metallic door. Hmmm...

I don't think a building can withstand a bomb, so the bomb shelter is a dignified coffin if you think it is safe to hide in one during an air-raid - you either die when the building collapses or due to lack of air if the ventilation hole or door is jammed. Basement car-park is probably safer although it might collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I don't think a building can withstand a bomb, so the bomb shelter is a dignified coffin if you think it is safe to hide in one during an air-raid - you either die when the building collapses or due to lack of air if the ventilation hole or door is jammed. Basement car-park is probably safer although it might collapse.
    There is enough underground MRT tracks in our island, as well as KPE/ CTE tunnels to house 4mil people during an air raid. No worries... no need to rely on bombshelter lah...

Don't showflat usually show the bombshelter as a maid's room? Well I went to a particular project and noticed that the developer installed a second lighter door on the bombshelter so it can be used as a bedroom without closing that heavier metallic door. Hmmm...
    How heavy can that door be seriously... You people need to start to visit the gym. If the door is too tight to close it is actually a defect which should have been fixed by developer during warranty period!

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    How heavy can that door be seriously... You people need to start to visit the gym. If the door is too tight to close it is actually a defect which should have been fixed by developer during warranty period!
    Do u have a SH in ur house? it's a lot heavier than a regular door! at least 20-30cm thick?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    The issue here is about optimal ventilation. A door designed to protect people from air raid and bombs are most certainly made of good durable stuff which probably provide little or no ventilation. The entire bombshelter depends only on that little ventilator at the top. Not ideal to sleep in there 7 to 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. That lighter door provides better ventilation lah...