Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learn how to invest in properties with $0

Default Learn how to invest in properties with $0

Know those investment courses and seminars where they advertise the above on Straits Times?

My colleague actually paid few k$$ to attend. Guess what? They teach u how to take all sorts of loan to pay for the 20% Renovation loan, personal loan or whatsoever. What kind of rubbish seminar is this?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Know those investment courses and seminars where they advertise the above on Straits Times?

My colleague actually paid few k$$ to attend. Guess what? They teach u how to take all sorts of loan to pay for the 20% Renovation loan, personal loan or whatsoever. What kind of rubbish seminar is this?

These talks free also I dowan to go.
    I rather come here to this forum.

Never ask him to take loan to buy toto har?

It started from the US lah... cannot be practised here in Singapore under our lovely MIW... they are v smart people, u know!

My

ANY seminar with get-rich-quick promise costing few K $$$ will only benefit the organizers. Even more so if it's run by Americans. This applies for property, stocks and shares, commodities trading etc etc

Fancy teaching people to get up to their eyeballs in debt. And somemore is expensive debt with high interest

Forum members here can organize one between them and do a better job.

A lot of information is freely available here. The problem is you need a lot of time to trawl the threads, clarify and discuss before you learn anything. Time is $ for busy people. Best way is to read (but with a pinch of salt) the local property books that condense the critical information.

Previously when one could flip option. Maybe still workable. Today with 4 year SSD. That is the fastest way to be bankrupt I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    My

ANY seminar with get-rich-quick promise costing few K $$$ will only benefit the organizers. Even more so if it's run by Americans. This applies for property, stocks and shares, commodities trading etc etc

Fancy teaching people to get up to their eyeballs in debt. And somemore is expensive debt with high interest

Forum members here can organize one between them and do a better job.
    Few Ks to attend?! Well it certainly is get-rich-quick, but for the organizer, not the trainees!

I have attended a few of these pre-seminar free talks andsum up some of the observations:

1.Some of these organisers have bulk deals withthe developers and then sub-sales to the buyers. I believe, they have a cut at the backend with the bulk purchase, ie they buy at wholesale and sell atretials. There are a number of these.

2.Some of these are not legal, eg properties in China, they will help u to arrange for fake income tax statement or arrange alocal proxy for u to buy properties to bypass the foreign ownership controls.The presenters have bulk deals with the developers.

3.Some are talking non-sense. All the examples quoted by them are with perfect timing in buying and selling.

4.Some selling Malaysia properties, bulk deals again, and then give discount 20%, but the selling price to the bank is gross of discount, so u can get a 80% loan, ie, with little or no money down.

5.Quite a number of the organisers group their students to join up in buying. First, the organisers will earn the commissionor even flipping profit. But, they did not highlight the complication of this type of partnership.

6.For US properties, I even noted there were back to back, ie they bring the properties here but u can find them yourselves over the internet or at least 30-40% lower.

7.Quite a number did not disclose the full facts,eg taxes, maintenance issues etc when u buy their properties

8.I came across one, the front mark up is 35%,which is not known to outsiders, and they will take away 33% of the profit upon disposal should the market turn. The property has a very bad negative cash flowand yet they promise yearly rental yield payment.

9.A number use high pressure selling technique

I think above is enough for sharing.

still got people go spend few $k and attend..

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    still got people go spend few $k and attend..
    Everyday in the papers u can see such seminars available wat. If got tonnes of Singaporeans paying Mr. Adam Khoo few k$$ to learn how to invest and make their first million dollar, why wont these people pay to learn how to invest in property with $0?

Can someone share with me how to get the remaining 40% for the downpayment? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Can someone share with me how to get the remaining 40% for the downpayment? Thanks in advance.
    Remaining 40%?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    loansharks.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    loansharks.
    I think that is why people paying few thousands for the seminar then. Your above suggestion is genius.

adam khoo is a crook. period

in my WHOLE life i only paid $1k to attend a 2 day property seminar conducted by Mr Mohd Ismail(propnex CEO)....what i gained you cannot put a price to it...for 2 days listening to all thos ebig shots with their experiences relating to all aspect of property investment was really worth it...PLUS hey my wifey paid the $1k for me,...

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    adam khoo is a crook. period
    What about Ernest Wong?

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    in my WHOLE life i only paid $1k to attend a 2 day property seminar conducted by Mr Mohd Ismail(propnex CEO)....what i gained you cannot put a price to it...for 2 days listening to all thos ebig shots with their experiences relating to all aspect of property investment was really worth it...PLUS hey my wifey paid the $1k for me,...
    Haha so its worthwhile cause ur wife paid for it and not yourself?

You can meet bigshots here and hear about their experiences for free here

Haha so its worthwhile cause ur wife paid for it and not yourself?

You can meet bigshots here and hear about their experiences for free here
    yeah a lot of Mr B....igshots here..

ya, this is the better one in the market

What about Ernest Wong?
    Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Who is that?
    Adam Khoo's Shifu lor.

Wife's money should be like your own money.
    Unless you give your wife all your salary and she gives you pocket money?

Gd to go for those free pre seminars.....hf a rough idea wats their hidden agenda

But u must hf strong resistance level

Isn't your wife's money yours too??? If she paid for it, she'll probably expect something in return? You pay for the next property under her name???

Did ur colleague take loan to pay for the seminar?

wasn't he embroiled in a scandal a year or two ago? something like being in cahoots with an underling to 'psycho' a client to sell cheap to his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Did ur colleague take loan to pay for the seminar?
    I hope he didnt! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Isn't your wife's money yours too??? If she paid for it, she'll probably expect something in return? You pay for the next property under her name???
    Maybe he draws a very clear line between what's his money vs her wife's.

I've seen married couples split dollars and cents on dinner table