Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Words of WISDOM...

User Info Menu

Totally agreed ... Saw many families sell house then go renting,
    Waiting for price fall....so as to buy back at lower price...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Yes, I will never compromise my family in the future to play this property investment game. 1st own-stay property should never be traded like investment. Causing the entire family to move and paying for rent in hopes of getting a good buy in the near future is the stupidest move. No $ dont play property

Divine

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    I pity these families. I think i will quarrel with my parents if they ever make such a decision!

Senior

User Info Menu

I pity these families. I think i will quarrel with my parents if they ever make such a decision!
    What if they turn out to be right and they earn $200k?

Divine

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    What if they turn out to be wrong and lose $200k rental over the years + no roof over their head?

Conclusion: don't gamble with ur home

Senior

User Info Menu

What if they turn out to be wrong and lose $200k rental over the years + no roof over their head?

Dun think ur parents will do tt.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hynergix

Regardless whether money is made or lost, the "nomadic" lifestyle is certainly not very healthy for the kids.

In a rental home there is no sense of belonging. The feeling of home "comfort" is not built up thru' the years. Familiarity of surroundings create a sense of security and give kids spare capacity to enjoy their childhood and make firm friends.

Play with property by all means, but the place where the family resides is not just another property but a HOME.

I know of some people who sold in 2009 predicting a crash and are now still "living out of a suitcase" (in their words) and at the "mercy" of their landlords. If the rental becomes unfavourable, they have no choice to pluck themselves out to rent somewhere else. If you visit their rental house you will see big boxes stacked in every corner ready to be moved anytime.

If you have only one property and intend to "play" with it please consider carefully. Just my 2cents.

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Think about it a old man once told me....

Son...its NOT your fault if you are born poor but ITS your fault if you die poor....

how true....

anymore 2 wisdom sayings...
    Ya. Let It B. B for BTO.

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Kids born from such family have sense of dislocation, they think they are man/woman of the world (when actually they fine it difficult to attach or commit themselves to anything or anyone), they are always on the lookout for something new (can be good or bad depending on what kind of action it results in), they tend to be easily dissatisfied and not shy to voice out loudly, and are quite spoilt - expecting people to change things to suit their preference... I say this coz I know of a few cases...

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

There is a story circulating in elitist family circles. Originally, when the forces take over SIT to make it into a new outfit, they had a headache what to name it. Then they went back to roots and reflect on what questions they ask everyday of office... HOW many DO i BUILD? Thus HDB the name... Till today they still cant get their act together on the answer to the age old question - How many Do i Build.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123