Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Katong Regency (Former Lion City Hotel) D14 By UOL

District 14 huat ah!

EuHabitat owners HUAT big time ... 1br was about 900psf only last time for EuHabitat ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    EuHabitat owners HUAT big time ... 1br was about 900psf only last time for EuHabitat ...
    EuHabitat no match with katong regency in terms of location n amenities..so dont understand why will EuHabitat huat?
    Both projects are miles apart also in terms of distance.
    Anyway one is 99yrs while the other is fh..
    Last edited by fiat500; 20-04-12 at 12:55.

This one is a much better buy than Sky habitat...
    UOL under-price this...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    This one is a much better buy than Sky habitat...
    UOL under-price this...?
    Different product. Sky Habitat gives you a residential type of environment one can easily associate with and connect. For Katong Regency, you need to dig deep into the bag to find this connection. I tried as I visited the location many times in the run up to the launch. The x factor is not there and honestly, I was quite disappointed with myself. I think I am not alone in coming to this conclusion.

Published April 20, 2012

Latest property launches continue to draw local buyers
    Projects at Katong, Bishan sell briskly at $1,500-1,700 psf

By
    michelle tan

Popular district: UOL's freehold Katong Regency was said to have sold around 70 per cent of all its units as of yesterday evening at an average price that ranged somewhere between $1,500 and $1,600 psf

During UOL's annual general meeting yesterday, group chairman Wee Cho Yaw pointed out that the robust take-up at property launches is likely due to the high amount of liquidity in the market amid a low interest rate environment.

RESIDENTIAL developments launched over the past week continue to be snapped up like hot cakes, despite their increasingly hefty price tags.

UOL's Katong Regency, which was soft launched barely two days ago, saw a large crowd at its showflat on a weekday afternoon, with many prospective buyers standing around eagerly analysing price lists of the units.

In fact, the freehold 244-unit mixed development which will reside on the former Lion City Hotel and Hollywood Theatre sites, was said to have sold around 70 per cent of all its units as of yesterday evening at an average price that ranged somewhere between $1,500 and $1,600 per square foot (psf).

According to agents smaller units, such as a 550 sq ft one-bedder unit, also achieved high prices starting from $950,000 - which translates to around $1,727 psf.

Kam Tin Seah, senior general manager (investment and strategic development), said: "Katong Regency is a quality development located next to the upcoming Paya Lebar central commercial hub. Besides its strategic location, Katong Regency is also a development that sits atop a three-storey retail mall that will focus on edutainment, gastronomy and lifestyle. With 70 per cent booked, we are pleased that homebuyers recognise the value propositions of this development and realistic pricing for a rare freehold in the highly popular district 15."

Last weekend, CapitaLand also saw brisk sales at the launch of its 99-year leasehold Bishan 509-unit condominium project, Sky Habitat, with 125 units out of the 180 launched sold by Sunday evening at prices that were well above those asked by existing developments in the vicinity.

Notably, average prices for a four-bedder and a one-bedder were said to come in at around $1,642 and $1,747 psf for the respective unit types with buyers being primarily Singaporeans.

During UOL's annual general meeting yesterday, group chairman Wee Cho Yaw pointed out that the robust take-up at property launches is likely due to the high amount of liquidity in the market amid a low interest rate environment, which in turn spurs investors to park cash in options such as properties or stocks.

Consultants also note that demand has been well supported by local buyers so far and expect the sales momentum to continue in the coming months, especially in well-located sub-urban developments.
    However, if demand and prices continue to spiral higher, some worry that new cooling measures might be rolled out by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Different product. Sky Habitat gives you a residential type of environment one can easily associate with and connect. For Katong Regency, you need to dig deep into the bag to find this connection. I tried as I visited the location many times in the run up to the launch. The x factor is not there and honestly, I was quite disappointed with myself. I think I am not alone in coming to this conclusion.
    I find that this is a no brainer if u compare SH n KR.
    KR is city fringe,lower psf than SH n the best thing is its fh.
    Iconic building or design,after a period of time will also look outdated n old.
    So KR definitely a much better buy between these 2 IMO.

KR - got a slight edge in pricing and FH...
    SH - is hype with some features and high-rise.

But comparing only the two can lead to distraction to fundermental issue - which is why either? why now? what is my upside/intend/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500

Geylang is even closer to city fringe. No doubt KR is a reasonable buy for the price range. If you can relate to the surroundings, good for you. Sunday afternoon is a good time to start. Unfortunately I cannot. To each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Published April 20, 2012

During UOL's annual general meeting yesterday, group chairman Wee Cho Yaw pointed out that the robust take-up at property launches is likely due to the high amount of liquidity in the market amid a low interest rate environment.
    Wee Cho Yaw is saying the obvious.

Geylang is even closer to city fringe. No doubt KR is a reasonable buy for the price range. If you can relate to the surroundings, good for you. Sunday afternoon is a good time to start. Unfortunately I cannot. To each his own...
    I m relating it from a neutral point of view as i m not vested in KR.
    If i were to plonk my $$ down,KR would definitely b my choice.
    End of d day,SH is still located in a hdb estate n its 99yrs.

The main question of the day is, has KR declared 100% sold, TQ For your Support Already???

It won't b so difficult cos heard from those agents the remaining units are all 1 or 1+s..

Kal's update yesterday was only 30+ left, should be all gone by today? will the showflat still be open for the weekend? hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    The main question of the day is, has KR declared 100% sold, TQ For your Support Already???

No wonder KR is priced to sell out before Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    No wonder KR is priced to sell out before Sunday.

the whole environment there is horrible comes weekend.

They shouldn't call themselves Katong to spoil the good name of Katong

It really does not matter ... it is still better than putting your money in the bank and let 5-6% inflation eroding away the purchasing power

How long the music can go ... nobody knows

FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 778,190 517 Strata 1,506psf Apr-12

TEMBELING RESIDENCE TEMBELING ROAD Apartment 1 695,000 420 Strata 1,656psf Mar-12
    Ride at your own risk !!!

It really does not matter ... it is still better than putting your money in the bank and let 5-6% inflation eroding away the purchasing power

TEMBELING RESIDENCE TEMBELING ROAD Apartment 1 695,000 420 Strata 1,656psf Mar-12
    Simply shocking!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Simply shocking!!!!!
    Now u buy a brand new cheapest 3 series bimmer will cost u 250k already.
    so buying an apartment@ 700k - 800k is nothing actually.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Simply shocking!!
    Sorry...duplicate post.
    Kindly ignore.

I thought the government together with the banks own and play the jukebox. They decide when the music stops.

They can play the jukebox in slow mo but they cannot to let it stop entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    They can play the jukebox in slow mo but they cannot to let it stop entirely...
    They won't stop. Singapore economy will collapse.

Now u buy a brand new cheapest 3 series bimmer will cost u 250k already.
    so buying an apartment@ 700k - 800k is nothing actually.
    Shocking not coz of quantum but the price.!!!

I see property bubbles forming in the air.

KR is priced quite low.

FH Esta Ruby at just below $1000 3 years ago were not hot eventhough paya lebar plan is out. KR is really amazing. Is the mall really worth so much? MOM will be moving here.
    Quote Originally Posted by price
    KR is priced quite low.

Left last 19+ units as of Afternoon today.. cheapest 1bedder >1mil

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Left last 19+ units as of Afternoon today.. cheapest 1bedder >1mil
    Yeah. It only tells u developer has under priced e units.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Yeah. It only tells u developer has under priced e units.
    Hmmm Wee & Co "under price" a project.... I think the last time it happened was in southbank

Not under price lah. 1600 is the righht level to clear it. UOL is not really a very big player, he wants to clear it. I think he knows this maker is peaking and he still has that bedok project to clear.