Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Katong Regency (Former Lion City Hotel) D14 By UOL

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    in Sky Habitat's case ? I think you may have been misinformed. The price list has both listed price and several types of discounted prices there. like 3% neighborhood, 1% repeat customer, etc. It's clear who is eligible to what. CAPL does not have any other under table undeclared discounts. In short it's not FEO style.
    I am talking about past capland projects because you said u always respect capland.

Is it the first time for them to provide full discount to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Is it the first time for them to provide full discount to the public?
    I believe starting from Interlace, after URA "issued guidelines" to have full price transparency, and CAPL followed as instructed.

In the past, I think CAPL does not have under table discounts. And no "price upon application".

I believe starting from Interlace, after URA "issued guidelines" to have full price transparency, and CAPL followed as instructed.

In the past, I think CAPL does not have under table discounts. And no "price upon application".
    did they provide the full price list and discounts 2days before preview?

In my own very humble opinion, I dont think the pricelist thing will help at all.

Imagine if they publish the price list with say 10% discount on first day, then 3rd day reduce by 0.5% and give news that they will continue to reduce the discount as and when units are sold.

This kinda tactic will drive even more layman to quickly dig out their chq books!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    In my own very humble opinion, I dont think the pricelist thing will help at all.

Imagine if they publish the price list with say 10% discount on first day, then 3rd day reduce by 0.5% and give news that they will continue to reduce the discount as and when units are sold.

This kinda tactic will drive even more layman to quickly dig out their chq books!

DKSG
    it is important to release exact price list and discount few days before preview.

release full price list only after preview defeat the purpose.

did they provide the full price list and discounts 2days before preview?
    on the day itself, you have the price list.

Rosy/DKSG, to have the full price list of all units whether they have been sold or still available BEFORE your purchase is good enough. Dun have to be 2 days. For many developments, the price is fixed on the very last hour.

on the day itself, you have the price list.

Rosy/DKSG, to have the full price list of all units whether they have been sold or still available BEFORE your purchase is good enough. Dun have to be 2 days. For many developments, the price is fixed on the very last hour.
    many projects, buyers have to make cheque submission before the preview in order to secure their choice units. that is part of the reason why some buyers prefer new launches so as to secure their preferred unit. However, submitting cheque without knowing the exact price can be very dangerous. Buyers can potentially be pressured to commit on a higher than expected price by the crowd and hype on the actual day of preview

Fyi, i have received exact price list for one of the recent new launches 1 day before the preview. It is a good start.

many projects, buyers have to make cheque submission before the preview in order to secure their choice units. that is part of the reason why some buyers prefer new launches so as to secure their preferred unit. However, submitting cheque without knowing the exact price can be very dangerous. Buyers can potentially be pressured to commit on a higher than expected price by the crowd and hype on the actual day of preview
    Confirm. Chop. Sign.
    Buyers will SURE be pressured by such a crowded. If someone keeps asking u whether you want to take the unit or not because there are 10 others waiting for you to give up, chances are you will take it.

But if there are really 10 others wanting the unit, that also means demand is very strong.

So it is really a willing buyer/seller situation.

I have personally seen some agents telling buyers there are x number of people waiting for him to give up when there are none, the poor buyer still fall for it and committed. Hope he is still around.

What I mean is, they publish the pricelist, tell u projected discount is 10%, then on actual day increase or decrease the discount, isnt it the same thing ?

My advice to buyers is : Go in with a number in mind, say $1,600 psf, anything more than that number, walk away. In that way, you wont get swayed by the crowd.

Just my 1.5 cents contribution to the forum.

DKSG

aiyo you can always submit any cheque and later say dun want what ...
    plus, for real, VVVVVIP, no need cheque submission. yesterday's preview of this Katong, I'm pretty sure no one submitted any cheque.
    The important thing is buyer must know the global picture of this project. for example in duchess case, if you know one day ago ppl bought only at 1500psf, will you still buy at 2000psf , even if you were ready to pay 2000psf ? most definitely not. transparency in pricing is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    What I mean is, they publish the pricelist, tell u projected discount is 10%, then on actual day increase or decrease the discount, isnt it the same thing ?
    I think you miss the point. CAPL's SH price list is fixed. no more changes. And you KNOW what discount you are qualified for. Very transparent. This is not car sales. This is also not FEO sales.

aiyo you can always submit any cheque and later say dun want what ...
    plus, for real, VVVVVIP, no need cheque submission. yesterday's preview of this Katong, I'm pretty sure no one submitted any cheque.
    The important thing is buyer must know the global picture of this project. for example in duchess case, if you know one day ago ppl bought only at 1500psf, will you still buy at 2000psf , even if you were ready to pay 2000psf ? most definitely not. transparency in pricing is very important.
    I agree with AMK! But then the pricelist wont help as it may not show the varying discounts. What you meant is the actual transacted prices.

anyone reporting live fr the showflat? Any units left?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    anyone reporting live fr the showflat? Any units left?
    50% sold. All 2br except those with PES sold.

Disclaimer: agent said one, add your own comfortable amount of salt.

Just got a text message from an ERA agent. All 2 & 3 bedrooms sold out. 1 and 1+S still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Just got a text message from an ERA agent. All 2 & 3 bedrooms sold out. 1 and 1+S still available.
    what's the psf level now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Looks like the ST rpt abt shoebox apt and the high psf is having some effect!

what's the psf level now ?
    for 1bdr shd be about 1800-1900psf ba ....

if 2 and 3 bedders are fully sold, that alone 58+36 = 94 (minus PES types maybe just under 90?).

there are 126 one and 1+study units so naturally takes longer to sell? that's of course in addition to higher psf and that since 950k quantum can get 1 bedder but 1.3m can get 2 bedder, of course buy 2 bedder.

my guess is if they have sold around 50 one bedders then 140/244 is 57% sold liao.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    for 1bdr shd be about 1800-1900psf ba ....
    *should be* ? that's HUGE gap ! 2bd better finish better facing 14## only !

so in the end still same as duchess style except more open what!

14xxpsf unit types all snapped up by UOL cronies/friends etc, sell the 1 bedders to public at FROM 17xxpsf mah!

*should be* ? that's HUGE gap ! 2bd better finish better facing 14## only !

But doesnt make sense if no reserve for public.. how to exercise carrot chopping? Anw shall see the news today on the sales fig lol

it will be cronies and family who gain not UOL mah. probably there were some 3 bedders left from yesterday but today sold to VVVIP not sure if price was increased or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    But doesnt make sense if no reserve for public.. how to exercise carrot chopping? Anw shall see the news today on the sales fig lol

30+ units left !!! that means 80+% sold within 48hrs !!

WoW! So hot here!

Latest from CNA: 70% sold.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!!
    CM6 coming liao......

that's probably at a cut off time before our bro reported the 80+% sold?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008