Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore is HORIBBLY HORRIBLY CROWDED

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    means you also hakka... yes plum village is very nice, especially the 'mei2 cai4 kou4 rou4'.
    No la half only.... Mum not lol.. But I speak it as granny took care of me most of the time. All those dishes granny cooked so often... Eat until sian.... Lol she is 94 now not very lucid but can still recognise me and sit up watch tv... Her facial skin smoother than my ass cheeks ok last time every day use Hazeline snow

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Here are some places u might find more peace in Singapore during weekends:

1) Sungei Buloh Nature reserve
    2) Kranji Farms
    3) Jurong Hill
    4) Chinese and Japanese gardens ( more like indian gardens nowadays)
    5) Raffles Marina
    6) Dairy Farm Nature Park
    7) Sembawang Park
    8) Lower Pierce reservoir park and broadwalk
    9) Upper Pierce reservoir park and dam
    10) Sengkang riverside park
    11) Bidadari park
    12) reflections bukit chandu and kent ridge park
    13) Pulau ubin
    14) Changi costal broadwalk
    15) HSBC suspension bridge

... and many more.
    bro thanks for the effort of compiling nature spots its past midnite after a peaceful evening of wining and dining in siglap valley...i roll into bed and open up my macbook air...to check the happenins around the world i see your post....with a smile i say to myself UPLOAD la the video you took 2 weeks ago at lower pierce....show them la that you also nature lover...anyway bro i am a regular bo-liao singaporean no life like to wander around in green places...2 times a week i go for walks all over singapore from pasir ris/tampines quarry/seletar/pierce/changi/geylang......anyway just to share with you a beautiful moment i caught with my galaxy note i was at lower pierce and in the back ground were a pair of white bellied sea eagles....such a nice moment....i call it..."The Eagle has LANDED(we NOT talking PSF)"....see urself on my youtube like a clown after GOD knows how many years i uploading video to youtube but i figured if you can make the effort to list down 15 nature lovers spots this the LEAST i can do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4UqX...ature=youtu.be

Nice effort, looks like a clear and calm morning there. Maybe you could equip yourself with a megazoom camera to capture the golden moment.

This one not bad and quite small:
    http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/pro...anguageCode=EN

I always carry around this one when i go out:

[QUOTE=azeoprop]Yummy! [/QUOTEca

Can share more details? Sound droopling lol

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    means you also hakka... yes plum village is very nice, especially the 'mei2 cai4 kou4 rou4'.
    What their rating for the 算 盘 子? I have not eat any restaurant by far up to mark. Some neither too dry or the ' Liao' too little

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bro thanks for the effort of compiling nature spots its past midnite after a peaceful evening of wining and dining in siglap valley...i roll into bed and open up my macbook air...to check the happenins around the world i see your post....with a smile i say to myself UPLOAD la the video you took 2 weeks ago at lower pierce....show them la that you also nature lover...anyway bro i am a regular bo-liao singaporean no life like to wander around in green places...2 times a week i go for walks all over singapore from pasir ris/tampines quarry/seletar/pierce/changi/geylang......anyway just to share with you a beautiful moment i caught with my galaxy note i was at lower pierce and in the back ground were a pair of white bellied sea eagles....such a nice moment....i call it..."The Eagle has LANDED(we NOT talking PSF)"....see urself on my youtube like a clown after GOD knows how many years i uploading video to youtube but i figured if you can make the effort to list down 15 nature lovers spots this the LEAST i can do...

Cant see no bird... Only dizzy from the shaking lol. Btw you have cute doggy like Starhub mascot lol

Nice effort, looks like a clear and calm morning there. Maybe you could equip yourself with a megazoom camera to capture the golden moment.

This one not bad and quite small:

I always carry around this one when i go out:

tks bro i quite happy using my...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Sony-N...-Camera_review

but that day using no cam so just pulled out my galaxy note and tried the zoom...i know it suckzzz...anyway point is yes singapore still got a lot of quiet places tks to our govt effort...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Cant see no bird... Only dizzy from the shaking lol. Btw you have cute doggy like Starhub mascot lol
    ya bro using samsung galaxy note lousy zoom...my dog FOC from SPCA...fella born to run and JUMP....

Walk and jog at Bidadari Cementry is great with open ground and greenery. Most importantly, not crowded with people but maybe other things.

...Guess what? You didn't need to step out of the house/condo nor squeeze with anyone nor subject yourself to SG typically unpredictable weather...

Hey, nowadays condos are full of entertainment options and themes to make it YOUR WORLD so you don't even have to step out right...
    Welcome to The Minton, One Home, Three Worlds...hehe

But, seriously, I fully emphatise wif bro Radha08. Everywhere you go nowadays is crowded. Just trying to find a carpark space is like .

In future, when all the MMs TOP, there will be more people crowding around malls and attractions. The house is simply too small to chill out. It's for sleeping only..

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Walk and jog at Bidadari Cementry is great with open ground and greenery. Most importantly, not crowded with people but maybe other things.
    lol~!!

For quiet places on Sunday in the city.

Try Pearl Hill City park, ang siang hill and amoy street, have coffee at Han's Great eastern building. Shop for strange and interesting stuffs at the flee market of Marsh & Mclennan center. The financial district is a ghost town on Sundays. Very peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    if u in the east can walk around flamingo valley at night guaranteed hair STAND.....then when you tired walk around geylang something else STAND....

Wa, never know that S'pore has such a nice view also.

Below is an article which I extract it from yesterday "TODAY" newspaper.

"This foreigner sees another side of Singapore"

As a foreigner who has lived and worked here, I wanted to experience Singapore from an angle that did not include a theme park, shopping, entertainment or commercial experience.

Visiting one of the tourist visitor centres for ideas was an experience in itself.

I asked about the outdoors and walks I could find. I was met by a confused look and was told: "It's too hot for that. Why not see Universal Studios or the Singapore Flyer?"

So I asked about parks where I could get away from it all.

I was told about East Coast Park and the Botanic Gardens. I also checked the maps and was pleasantly surprised to find some wonderful areas of peace, green space and natural life.

First, I took the Mass Rapid Transit to Kent Ridge and walked along a winding road through a forest till I reached Kent Ridge Park.

It was delightful. During my walk, I saw some amazing birds, reptiles and butterflies. The view of the sea was lovely, too.

My path ended at a boardwalk with information about some significant historical events.

Next, I went to Labrador Nature Reserve and its nearby mangrove and coastal walk, all accessible from Labrador Park MRT Station. Once again, I was surrounded by peace and quiet, flora and fauna.

I ended the week with an 11.5km trek starting at MacRitchie Reservoir, accessible again via the MRT and bus. It was incredible that I was one of the few souls in these parks, which were free and easy to access.

At the same time, the shopping centres and streets were packed, with everyone shopping, looking for a table and queuing, while I took a bottle of water and packed lunch from home. I had no need to be entertained, nor was I compelled to buy.

I saw Singapore from a different perspective. It was a wonderful experience, yet I was saddened that I hardly saw anyone, especially children, in the outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Wa, never know S'pore has such a nice view also.

Below is an article which I extract it from yesterday "TODAY" newspaper

"This foreigner sees another side of Singapore"

As a foreigner who has lived and worked here, I wanted to experience Singapore from an angle that did not include a theme park, shopping, entertainment or commercial experience.

Visiting one of the tourist visitor centres for ideas was an experience in itself.

I asked about the outdoors and walks I could find. I was met by a confused look and was told: "It's too hot for that. Why not see Universal Studios or the Singapore Flyer?"

So I asked about parks where I could get away from it all.

I was told about East Coast Park and the Botanic Gardens. I also checked the maps and was pleasantly surprised to find some wonderful areas of peace, green space and natural life.

First, I took the Mass Rapid Transit to Kent Ridge and walked along a winding road through a forest till I reached Kent Ridge Park.

It was delightful. During my walk, I saw some amazing birds, reptiles and butterflies. The view of the sea was lovely, too.

My path ended at a boardwalk with information about some significant historical events.

Next, I went to Labrador Nature Reserve and its nearby mangrove and coastal walk, all accessible from Labrador Park MRT Station. Once again, I was surrounded by peace and quiet, flora and fauna.

I ended the week with an 11.5km trek starting at MacRitchie Reservoir, accessible again via the MRT and bus. It was incredible that I was one of the few souls in these parks, which were free and easy to access.

At the same time, the shopping centres and streets were packed, with everyone shopping, looking for a table and queuing, while I took a bottle of water and packed lunch from home. I had no need to be entertained, nor was I compelled to buy.

I saw Singapore from a different perspective. It was a wonderful experience, yet I was saddened that I hardly saw anyone, especially children, in the outdoors.
    Well, how many times can you 'nature' it out? That's his first time doing that, of course he is delighted. I doubt he will do it like every weekend or every month even after a while...

A lot of us grew up among 'nature' and friends as well... joyous days at the chalet, beach, kelong outings, bbq by the seaside, beach volleyball, macritchie treks, bt timah hill etc... so we already been there done there and had our fair share. Maybe repeat another round when we have kids... that's all.

The foreigner cannot make it sound as if Singaporeans all dunno how to appreciate the outdoors.... maybe he went there on a week day where most are hard at work or in school...

Well, how many times can you 'nature' it out? That's his first time doing that, of course he is delighted. I doubt he will do it like every weekend or every month even after a while...

A lot of us grew up among 'nature' and friends as well... joyous days at the chalet, beach, kelong outings, bbq by the seaside, beach volleyball, macritchie treks, bt timah hill etc... so we already been there done there and had our fair share. Maybe repeat another round when we have kids... that's all.

The foreigner cannot make it sound as if Singaporeans all dunno how to appreciate the outdoors.... maybe he went there on a week day where most are hard at work or in school...
    ...family and children are at other nature parks (this one more for lovers)

The guys get all expenses 3 day 2 night ah or 5 day 4 night ah, all out in the nature. Sleep in sheds if you're lucky. If not, one groundsheet and the canopy of trees to be your blanket?

Lim Chu Kang Hill anyone?

Or hook up a hammock and rock yourself to sleep in the cold dark night!

bottle tree park will be gone? so sad

Guess there are still some gems in this crowded noisy city...

So cute n rustic

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10371120

For quiet places on Sunday in the city.

Try Pearl Hill City park, ang siang hill and amoy street, have coffee at Han's Great eastern building. Shop for strange and interesting stuffs at the flee market of Marsh & Mclennan center. The financial district is a ghost town on Sundays. Very peaceful.

Good suggestion, Ang Siang hill also good for photo bugs ... Hans kopi is good there

Bedok Reservoir, doing some stretching on top of the small hill in front of Archipelago site on a sunny/breezy day with blue sky is something really magical ... not many people there other than occasional joggers / cyclists
    Ride at your own risk !!!

So cute n rustic

Thanks for the info and it bring back nice memories for me.....

My grandparent rented one of these one room unit from HDB back during 1970-1985... I've spend my weekends there for a few years as I enjoyed going crab fishing with my granda n uncle on Fri n sat night. After fishing, we will go to the hawker centre at changi village to have a nice teow chew fish ball noodles....

I recalled I travelled alone from jurong to changi grandparent house when I was just a pri 5 student!!!! A gruesome two hours journey for me though.....

I missed my grandparent.... Hmmm.. Should go to Mandai tomorrow to offer prayer to them....

Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

.... Deleted .....

So touching... Glad that something good came out of my random posting.

So touching... Glad that something good came out of my random posting.
    So if one claimed to be single tenant to rent at 1.8l but later on then ask partner move in, what will happen? Landlord can up rent? Or can tenant argue partner just visiting?

So cute n rustic

This place is state property rented from SLA thru bidding. Average bid ranges from $1000 to $1500 at most.

Subletting is illegal if I'm not wrong.

This agent better hope nobody complain to CEA.

Wah got pull up bars... good for those who need to pass IPPT.

ha ha my thread still alive...

ha ha my thread still alive...
    i can delete it for you..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)