Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore is HORIBBLY HORRIBLY CROWDED

Default Singapore is HORIBBLY HORRIBLY CROWDED

Last nite took my kids to night safari...MISTAKE!!!

1) Drive from siglap to NS...took 1hr plus..instead of go by PIE(i thot will jam)..i took tpe/sle...major jam(not due to accident just TOO many cars)..

2)At Night Safari que for silly tram takes more than half hour...

3) Both the creature of night show 830/930 ...FULL house...

so just cc look look...buffalo also see me shake head... ..probably thinking go back siglap sit ur garden la...

anyway after that go macdonald drive thru at pasir ris..KNS in front of me got 10 cars....GIVE UPP>>>>>

go back eat MAGGI MEE....SIANZ life in singapore NO meaning...govt open all the door to foreigner....now kena stuck...who suffer those who born here.....

but heng ah i am member so no pay $$..parking also free...

anyway, public transport like MRT also flood with alot of pple

for dinner, just call & order mcdonald delivery lor..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

1) Drive from siglap to NS...took 1hr plus..instead of go by PIE(i thot will jam)..i took tpe/sle...major jam(not due to accident just TOO many cars)..

so just cc look look...buffalo also see me shake head... ..probably thinking go back siglap sit ur garden la...

anyway after that go macdonald drive thru at pasir ris..KNS in front of me got 10 cars....GIVE UPP>>>>>

go back eat MAGGI MEE....SIANZ life in singapore NO meaning...govt open all the door to foreigner....now kena stuck...who suffer those who born here.....

Frankly dude, assuming you 'had a life' and had seen what there is to see in Singapore the past 10 years, viz:-

1. Places of attraction - museums, parks, zoos, crocodile farms, fish farms, bird parks, science centre, recently opened new ones like MBS, Resorts World, f1, flyer, Art Museum, hort parks bla bla bla

2. Shopping - orchard stretch, sim lim, funan, bugis, holland v... then more unique areas like kg glam, arab st, little india, joo chiat/east coast rd, chinatown, sungei rd and then the major suburban malls like Jurong Pt, NEX, Junction 8, Tampines XYZ malls (actually if u seen one u seen all, same same format)... what else is there?

3. Dining, drinking and eating - serangoon gdns chomp chomp, dempsey, holland v, siglap, east coast/joo chiat, labrador/rochester, mt faber, fort canning, lau pa sat, jln kayu, muthu curry/little india, aiya whatever just try everything in makan sutra la if you bored and so in love with food

4. Sports and outdoors - kite flying, dragon boating, water skating, big splash, roller blading/biking/cycling east coast park, yachting west coast park, beaches, sentosa, ubin cycling, bottletree park prawn fishing, botanical gardens, ridout road, lots of gyms for you to sign up and classes like martial arts, kick boxing, muay thai, belly dancing, etc

5. Arts and culture - movies theatres, imax (dunno what they call nowadays), outdoor movies, film festivals, music festivals, concerts, gigs, circus, shows, standy up comedy, bands, clubbing....

Once you've done all that, what else is there really?

Sometimes it's just as nice if not nicer to just stay at home watch cable movies surf the net play some Wii with the family and/or pets... then go down to the gym / pool / tennis / bowling / badminton whatever and have bit of healthy exercise and fun... then either nice simply home cooked meal or like bros here suggest order in lor.... so many choices, mcd, pizza (so many brands), kfc, thai, indian, vietnamese and all other exotic selections...

Guess what? You didn't need to step out of the house/condo nor squeeze with anyone nor subject yourself to SG typically unpredictable weather...

Hey, nowadays condos are full of entertainment options and themes to make it YOUR WORLD so you don't even have to step out right...

Agreed... too crowded these days to do anything.
    So for me, everything is done in the heartlands.
    Sometimes I shop online to avoid the crowd.
    I hate to dine out especially on weekends.
    Anyway dining at home is more comfortable and economical.

SG is definitely branching out into the suburbs for economic and social activities... this is a firm trend and also govt is pushing for it to ease overcrowding and social problems.

Take one weekday school holiday leave and take the kids out lor. Sure less people everywhere. Since u already paid to be friend of the zoo, then got to go there at least 3 times to make it worthwhile. Once my friend of the zoo membership expired last year, I didn't renew and stopped going liaoz. Wait for the new attraction to open then visit the zoo again!

As for the kids, don't worry so much on pampering them when young...

Instead, let the school take care of them on excursions etc so they learn to be independent.

When they are older in their teens, they will automatically demand to head out all the time anyway.... let them explore the world on their own then. But teach them to be careful and protect themselves before that...

Avoid going out on holiday eve. Head straight back home right after work for a good rest and quality time with family.

I think Singapore has been like that for quite a while during weekends and especially eve of a public holiday/long weekend.

Only consolation is that we are still better off than Hong Kong.

What to do? .... blame foreigners...? not facing reality lah... do you really think Singapore can afford to be insular?

Now you all know why some one die die refuse to vacate Istana.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Now you all know why some one die die refuse to vacate Istana.
    ??? ???

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Frankly dude, assuming you 'had a life' and had seen what there is to see in Singapore the past 10 years, viz:-

1. Places of attraction - museums, parks, zoos, crocodile farms, fish farms, bird parks, science centre, recently opened new ones like MBS, Resorts World, f1, flyer, Art Museum, hort parks bla bla bla

2. Shopping - orchard stretch, sim lim, funan, bugis, holland v... then more unique areas like kg glam, arab st, little india, joo chiat/east coast rd, chinatown, sungei rd and then the major suburban malls like Jurong Pt, NEX, Junction 8, Tampines XYZ malls (actually if u seen one u seen all, same same format)... what else is there?

3. Dining, drinking and eating - serangoon gdns chomp chomp, dempsey, holland v, siglap, east coast/joo chiat, labrador/rochester, mt faber, fort canning, lau pa sat, jln kayu, muthu curry/little india, aiya whatever just try everything in makan sutra la if you bored and so in love with food

4. Sports and outdoors - kite flying, dragon boating, water skating, big splash, roller blading/biking/cycling east coast park, yachting west coast park, beaches, sentosa, ubin cycling, bottletree park prawn fishing, botanical gardens, ridout road, lots of gyms for you to sign up and classes like martial arts, kick boxing, muay thai, belly dancing, etc

5. Arts and culture - movies theatres, imax (dunno what they call nowadays), outdoor movies, film festivals, music festivals, concerts, gigs, circus, shows, standy up comedy, bands, clubbing....

Once you've done all that, what else is there really?

Sometimes it's just as nice if not nicer to just stay at home watch cable movies surf the net play some Wii with the family and/or pets... then go down to the gym / pool / tennis / bowling / badminton whatever and have bit of healthy exercise and fun... then either nice simply home cooked meal or like bros here suggest order in lor.... so many choices, mcd, pizza (so many brands), kfc, thai, indian, vietnamese and all other exotic selections...

Guess what? You didn't need to step out of the house/condo nor squeeze with anyone nor subject yourself to SG typically unpredictable weather...

Hey, nowadays condos are full of entertainment options and themes to make it YOUR WORLD so you don't even have to step out right...
    dude..know EXACTLY where u coming from...been there done all of that except on 2 occasions had a few two Many beers jumped into bed with my other half...9 mths later something happened...so if u do the maths since i did that twice i got 2 BEAUTIFUL kids...and when you have kids as SAD as it seems u got to keep them happy and take them places THEY like...they not affected by the jams and traffic and crowds...cos they happy sitting in the back seat play the iphone...but ME i am a VERY different Animal....
    having been brought up in THIS country went to pri school with marbles(Not my own) but The glass colourful type bulging out of my shorts pocket...so i GREW with this beautiful country and YES for Me chillin out is sitting in the garden with the missus having a glass of wine talking/listening to music.....cheers...guess where i will be tonite...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Agreed... too crowded these days to do anything.
    So for me, everything is done in the heartlands.
    Sometimes I shop online to avoid the crowd.
    I hate to dine out especially on weekends.
    Anyway dining at home is more comfortable and economical.
    hungry hungry my dinner tonite going to be sting ray/chicken wings(bought from east coast lagoon) and home cooked fried rice with baby kailian and shitake mushrooms....wash that down with a nice bottle of white wine in the garden and who says spore is CROWDED...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    ??? ???
    yeah i also scratching head about that one...

Take one weekday school holiday leave and take the kids out lor. Sure less people everywhere. Since u already paid to be friend of the zoo, then got to go there at least 3 times to make it worthwhile. Once my friend of the zoo membership expired last year, I didn't renew and stopped going liaoz. Wait for the new attraction to open then visit the zoo again!
    my zoo memebership is agood one been the a couple of times but damm last year i wasted 150 on the singapore flyer membership..used only ONCE...

hungry hungry my dinner tonite going to be sting ray/chicken wings(bought from east coast lagoon) and home cooked fried rice with baby kailian and shitake mushrooms....wash that down with a nice bottle of white wine in the garden and who says spore is CROWDED...
    hahaha....this is life!!

2 thumbs up (also one each for your beautiful lucky kids)

dude..know EXACTLY where u coming from...been there done all of that except on 2 occasions had a few two Many beers jumped into bed with my other half...9 mths later something happened...so if u do the maths since i did that twice i got 2 BEAUTIFUL kids...and when you have kids as SAD as it seems u got to keep them happy and take them places THEY like...they not affected by the jams and traffic and crowds...cos they happy sitting in the back seat play the iphone...but ME i am a VERY different Animal....
    having been brought up in THIS country went to pri school with marbles(Not my own) but The glass colourful type bulging out of my shorts pocket...so i GREW with this beautiful country and YES for Me chillin out is sitting in the garden with the missus having a glass of wine talking/listening to music.....cheers...guess where i will be tonite...
    In the garden first then to bed lol cheers

my zoo memebership is agood one been the a couple of times but damm last year i wasted 150 on the singapore flyer membership..used only ONCE...
    ya, tis one waste of $.
    I also had flyer membership some 3 years back, only used twice..., silly. Kena conned to sign up, actually go up once enough, nothing much sitting inside, spinning round , some more most hot calendar days cannot use membership..

In the garden first then to bed lol cheers
    two is enough dude....

2 thumbs up (also one each for your beautiful lucky kids)
    ha ha tks bro...life is short enjoy....

Here are some places u might find more peace in Singapore during weekends:

1) Sungei Buloh Nature reserve
    2) Kranji Farms
    3) Jurong Hill
    4) Chinese and Japanese gardens ( more like indian gardens nowadays)
    5) Raffles Marina
    6) Dairy Farm Nature Park
    7) Sembawang Park
    8) Lower Pierce reservoir park and broadwalk
    9) Upper Pierce reservoir park and dam
    10) Sengkang riverside park
    11) Bidadari park
    12) reflections bukit chandu and kent ridge park
    13) Pulau ubin
    14) Changi costal broadwalk
    15) HSBC suspension bridge

... and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

2) Kranji Farms
    3) Jurong Hill
    5) Raffles Marina
    7) Sembawang Park
    11) Bidadari park
    13) Pulau ubin

... and many more.

thumb up!

When was the last time you enjoyed a quiet picnic with your family at upper seletar reservoir park? The signature rocket tower of the 70s still stand gracefully today.

How about a seafood dinner at the laid back bottle tree village or at the colonial beaulieu house at Sembawang park.

How about a nature walk at lower pierce reservoir broadwalk followed by a yummy lunch at casuarina curry house or a traditional hakka feast at Plum village at Jln Leban?

...Or maybe rekindle the sparkle of Seletaris at the Sembawang Hot Spring for a change followed by a rewarding meal of white bee hoon at Jln Legundi.

2) Kranji Farms
    3) Jurong Hill
    5) Raffles Marina
    7) Sembawang Park
    11) Bidadari park
    13) Pulau ubin

... and many more.
    Hey, u muz have brought ur gals there to....enjoy e fresh air.

When was the last time you enjoyed a quiet picnic with your family at upper seletar reservoir park? The signature rocket tower of the 70s still stand gracefully today.

How about a seafood dinner at the laid back bottle tree village or at the colonial beaulieu house at Sembawang park.

How about a nature walk at lower pierce reservoir broadwalk followed by a yummy lunch at casuarina curry house or a traditional hakka feast at Plum village at Jln Leban?

...Or maybe rekindle the sparkle of Seletaris at the Sembawang Hot Spring for a change followed by a rewarding meal of white bee hoon at Jln Legundi.

life is so stressful that you need the peace & relax !

2) Kranji Farms
    3) Jurong Hill
    5) Raffles Marina
    7) Sembawang Park
    11) Bidadari park
    13) Pulau ubin

... and many more.
    Wow bro azeo really nature lover... Yes I know Plum Village... Brought my dad there for his birthday as he Hakka... And remember old photos of me as kid taken with family in Japanese garden with signature stone pagoda lamps...

you're very familiar with this part of Singapore....the last remaining paradise

Wow bro azeo really nature lover... Yes I know Plum Village... Brought my dad there for his birthday as he Hakka... And remember old photos of me as kid taken with family in Japanese garden with signature stone pagoda lamps...
    means you also hakka... yes plum village is very nice, especially the 'mei2 cai4 kou4 rou4'.

means you also hakka... yes plum village is very nice, especially the 'mei2 cai4 kou4 rou4'.
    Yummy!