Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Singapore is HORIBBLY HORRIBLY CROWDED

Senior

User Info Menu

Default Singapore is HORIBBLY HORRIBLY CROWDED

Last nite took my kids to night safari...MISTAKE!!!

1) Drive from siglap to NS...took 1hr plus..instead of go by PIE(i thot will jam)..i took tpe/sle...major jam(not due to accident just TOO many cars)..

2)At Night Safari que for silly tram takes more than half hour...

3) Both the creature of night show 830/930 ...FULL house...

so just cc look look...buffalo also see me shake head... ..probably thinking go back siglap sit ur garden la...

anyway after that go macdonald drive thru at pasir ris..KNS in front of me got 10 cars....GIVE UPP>>>>>

go back eat MAGGI MEE....SIANZ life in singapore NO meaning...govt open all the door to foreigner....now kena stuck...who suffer those who born here.....

but heng ah i am member so no pay $$..parking also free...

Property Newbie

User Info Menu

anyway, public transport like MRT also flood with alot of pple

for dinner, just call & order mcdonald delivery lor..

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

1) Drive from siglap to NS...took 1hr plus..instead of go by PIE(i thot will jam)..i took tpe/sle...major jam(not due to accident just TOO many cars)..

so just cc look look...buffalo also see me shake head... ..probably thinking go back siglap sit ur garden la...

anyway after that go macdonald drive thru at pasir ris..KNS in front of me got 10 cars....GIVE UPP>>>>>

go back eat MAGGI MEE....SIANZ life in singapore NO meaning...govt open all the door to foreigner....now kena stuck...who suffer those who born here.....

Frankly dude, assuming you 'had a life' and had seen what there is to see in Singapore the past 10 years, viz:-

1. Places of attraction - museums, parks, zoos, crocodile farms, fish farms, bird parks, science centre, recently opened new ones like MBS, Resorts World, f1, flyer, Art Museum, hort parks bla bla bla

2. Shopping - orchard stretch, sim lim, funan, bugis, holland v... then more unique areas like kg glam, arab st, little india, joo chiat/east coast rd, chinatown, sungei rd and then the major suburban malls like Jurong Pt, NEX, Junction 8, Tampines XYZ malls (actually if u seen one u seen all, same same format)... what else is there?

3. Dining, drinking and eating - serangoon gdns chomp chomp, dempsey, holland v, siglap, east coast/joo chiat, labrador/rochester, mt faber, fort canning, lau pa sat, jln kayu, muthu curry/little india, aiya whatever just try everything in makan sutra la if you bored and so in love with food

4. Sports and outdoors - kite flying, dragon boating, water skating, big splash, roller blading/biking/cycling east coast park, yachting west coast park, beaches, sentosa, ubin cycling, bottletree park prawn fishing, botanical gardens, ridout road, lots of gyms for you to sign up and classes like martial arts, kick boxing, muay thai, belly dancing, etc

5. Arts and culture - movies theatres, imax (dunno what they call nowadays), outdoor movies, film festivals, music festivals, concerts, gigs, circus, shows, standy up comedy, bands, clubbing....

Once you've done all that, what else is there really?

Sometimes it's just as nice if not nicer to just stay at home watch cable movies surf the net play some Wii with the family and/or pets... then go down to the gym / pool / tennis / bowling / badminton whatever and have bit of healthy exercise and fun... then either nice simply home cooked meal or like bros here suggest order in lor.... so many choices, mcd, pizza (so many brands), kfc, thai, indian, vietnamese and all other exotic selections...

Guess what? You didn't need to step out of the house/condo nor squeeze with anyone nor subject yourself to SG typically unpredictable weather...

Hey, nowadays condos are full of entertainment options and themes to make it YOUR WORLD so you don't even have to step out right...

mutant powerpuff

User Info Menu

Agreed... too crowded these days to do anything.
    So for me, everything is done in the heartlands.
    Sometimes I shop online to avoid the crowd.
    I hate to dine out especially on weekends.
    Anyway dining at home is more comfortable and economical.

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

SG is definitely branching out into the suburbs for economic and social activities... this is a firm trend and also govt is pushing for it to ease overcrowding and social problems.

Senior

User Info Menu

Take one weekday school holiday leave and take the kids out lor. Sure less people everywhere. Since u already paid to be friend of the zoo, then got to go there at least 3 times to make it worthwhile. Once my friend of the zoo membership expired last year, I didn't renew and stopped going liaoz. Wait for the new attraction to open then visit the zoo again!

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

As for the kids, don't worry so much on pampering them when young...

Instead, let the school take care of them on excursions etc so they learn to be independent.

When they are older in their teens, they will automatically demand to head out all the time anyway.... let them explore the world on their own then. But teach them to be careful and protect themselves before that...

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

Avoid going out on holiday eve. Head straight back home right after work for a good rest and quality time with family.

Junior

User Info Menu

I think Singapore has been like that for quite a while during weekends and especially eve of a public holiday/long weekend.

Only consolation is that we are still better off than Hong Kong.

What to do? .... blame foreigners...? not facing reality lah... do you really think Singapore can afford to be insular?

Junior

User Info Menu

Now you all know why some one die die refuse to vacate Istana.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast