Thread: How many bro/sis here on FACEBOOK...

Default How many bro/sis here on FACEBOOK...

NOT...ME i am a very private person although my daughter/sister/niece/nephew/colleagues....and 99% of the world is....

to each his own i say...i comfortable just TCSS on this friendly forum...

i don;t even have a facebook account myself...
    i think the social network era is mostly for our Gen Y and Gen Z kids....

even if I were to open a facebook account, there is nothing worth mentioning on my wall postings, etc.... lolxxxx

I have a facebook account but only post photographs and restrict to friends and relatives only. Accept friends only when I know who they are.

used to have one but i delete it... you cannot trust those 'privacy settings'

nothing is fool proof on internet...
    you just need 1 tiny security loophole in one of the facebook servers to ignite the fire...

I sign up simply because I need to post those photographs that I have taken with my friends/relatives for them to see.

Actually I don't quite like it, looks like not much privacy. Whenever any of your friends post anything on their walls, the facebook will inform you thru email and when you click on it, their friends also appear on your web page, it is very irritatiing. So I wonder, if my friends click on my facebook, will my name also appear on his/her friends' facebook. But I understand that you can choose to share photos with friends or public, if you choose to share with friends, those who are not your friends can also see part of your photos, also no good lor.

I have facebook... In fact long time on friendster before that liao... Sometimes live life more openly also good. So you wont do funny things in the hope of not being caught (in action) in photos on social networking sites. I brought up quite introverted but can swing both extremes depending on situation... Public speaking to huge crowd no problem also but I rather hole up at home enjoy quiet private time. Yet sometimes I crave to kaypo what others or neighbours are doing... Such is life and human nature. Often self contradicting...

I am on facebook - its one way to connect with my family / friends who are overseas.

I check my facebook account almost everyday to see my friends and keep track of my kids.
    But I hardly have any pictures.
    I prefer to share my pictures with my family members and certain friends on hotmail's skydrive.
    To keep in contact with family members overseas, i chat on msn messenger and video call thru skype or use viber and whatsapp on my mobile phone.
    As for twitter, i use it to check the latest gossips/ topics people are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I check my facebook account almost everyday to see my friends and keep track of my kids.
    I prefer to share my pictures with my family members and certain friends on hotmail's skydrive.
    To keep in contact with family members overseas, i chat on msn messenger and video call thru skype or use viber and whatsapp on my mobile phone.
    As for twitter, i use it to check the latest gossips/ topics people are discussing.
    so which one u more addicted to facebook or NOfacebook(condo singapore forum)....

Im an active user of FB to keep in touch with most of my friends and to know what is gg on.

In fact, most of my friends are on FB

I don't have facebook account. Used to have friendster but felt that its a lousy platform to keep in touch, communicate, etc so closed the account.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    so which one u more addicted to facebook or NOfacebook(condo singapore forum)....
    I am addicted to this condo forum!
    This place is the first place I visit when I turn on my computer.

When a person only has that many hours in a day, only way to keep in touch with so many ppl at the same time everyday without doing much is through facebook. The technology behind facebook is so much more simple compared to search engines like google, it is the idea alone that turned this 26 yo into a billionaire.

I am addicted to this condo forum!
    This place is the first place I visit when I turn on my computer.
    i also wonder why huh i been to so many forums in my years of surfing hwz/mycarforum...etc etc but here seems like when people can talk about property means they can CONNECT in other ways...dunno la...anyway if talk people listen then talk somemore..no lsten then move on La....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    When a person only has that many hours in a day, only way to keep in touch with so many ppl at the same time everyday without doing much is through facebook. The technology behind facebook is so much more simple compared to search engines like google, it is the idea alone that turned this 26 yo into a billionaire.
    To add, there are so many apps and subscription services in FB, that make FB even more attractive

One thing good about this forum is that, though the headline is "CONDOSINGAPORE", but it is not restricted to condo only, we can talk about anything under the sun. It has a lot of freedom because even out of topic, the conversation still can carry on and can edit and edit many times until the given time is up.

But I think it will be much better if there is a small box below (watch this topic), and when you click on it, you will be notified straight away for any reply to this thread. If you don't want to watch anymore, then unclick it, so that you will not get any notification should there be a reply.

I do not know whether you all have this experience or not, sometimes I forgot which thread I've read and reply , so most of the times, I missed out quite a lot of interesting conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    One thing good about this forum is that, though the headline is "CONDOSINGAPORE", but it is not restricted to condo only, we can talk about anything under the sun. It has a lot of freedom because even out of topic, the conversation still can carry on and can edit and edit many times until the given time is up.

But I think it will be much better if there is a small box below (watch this topic), and when you click on it, you will be notified straight away for any reply to this thread. If you don't want to watch anymore, then unclick it, so that you will not get any notification should there be a reply.

I do not know whether you all have this experience or not, sometimes I forgot which thread I've read and reply , so most of the times, I missed out quite a lot of interesting conversation.
    good idea...MODERATOR you listening...

Yup.. sometimes I can find that lost thread after 15 mins of searching... but some times I can't...

Click Thread Tools dropdown -> Subscribe to this Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Click Thread Tools dropdown -> Subscribe to this Thread.
    Thank you. I have tried but doesn't seem to work leh and moreover I think not much people know how to use, it is a bit complicated though detail.

Below each thread there is a "subscribe to this thread " option.
    Click on it.
    Choose instant notification by email.
    Then sync your email account to your smart phone.
    So each time a new post is added, your phone will prompt you to check your email and you can view the thread.

Below each thread there is a "subscribe to this thread " option.
    Click on it.
    Choose instant notification by email.
    Then sync your email account to your smart phone.
    So each time a new post is added, your phone will prompt you to check your email and you can view the thread.
    Thanks. I have found the "subscribe to this thread" on the top right hand side under the Thread Tools Drop Down box (slightly below the Page 1,2,3).

Yesterday I tried to click the instant notification using the CP User (top left hand side), but it doesn't seem to notify me when there is a reply.