Thread: Very distorted property market....

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default Very distorted property market....

Very distorted property market… like seeing lots of non-logical numbers around…

MM: HK developers wanna build as many luxury condos as possible, but their govt enforce minimum qty units build on their GLS. HK govt wants them to build more MM. But hor, S’pore developers all love MMs… (and very soon may be sgp govt will CM MM)

HDB rental: 4 room hdb average household income could be around S$3-5K, but 4rm flat rental is like S$2.5K-3K… ulu-ulu jurong west no aircon room rental at around S$600, but general clerk’s pay now around S$1.2K…

Cheap 2bdr condo: You can only find new launch or under construction 2bdr+ condo around 600-700K… no resale 2bdr condo in this price range…

Resale HDB: some shortage of resale hdb so govt gives $20K if folks downgrade from 4-5rm to studio. Govt also keeps throwing out more and more EC so those already owned HDB will need to return some hdb back to market. (May be very soon govt gives incentives of S$50K if you return a HDB to market.)

Downpayment: Could be cheaper to pay 2bdr new Condo's downpayment than the 20% + another 5-10% COV of resale 4/5 rm hdb flats…

CMxx: when the CM number gets bigger, seems like more and more whacking on foreigners and rich people…

feel free to add on to the lists…

property at a new peak now..
    those who enter now are the kamikaze warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    Very distorted property market… like seeing lots of non-logical numbers around…

MM: HK developers wanna build as many luxury condos as possible, but their govt enforce minimum qty units build on their GLS. HK govt wants them to build more MM. But hor, S’pore developers all love MMs… (and very soon may be sgp govt will CM MM)

HDB rental: 4 room hdb average household income could be around S$3-5K, but 4rm flat rental is like S$2.5K-3K… ulu-ulu jurong west no aircon room rental at around S$600, but general clerk’s pay now around S$1.2K…

Cheap 2bdr condo: You can only find new launch or under construction 2bdr+ condo around 600-700K… no resale 2bdr condo in this price range…

Resale HDB: some shortage of resale hdb so govt gives $20K if folks downgrade from 4-5rm to studio. Govt also keeps throwing out more and more EC so those already owned HDB will need to return some hdb back to market. (May be very soon govt gives incentives of S$50K if you return a HDB to market.)

Downpayment: Could be cheaper to pay 2bdr new Condo's downpayment than the 20% + another 5-10% COV of resale 4/5 rm hdb flats…

CMxx: when the CM number gets bigger, seems like more and more whacking on foreigners and rich people…

feel free to add on to the lists…
    why 4 rm household income only 4-5k?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    why 4 rm household income only 4-5k?
    ok bro,.... just googled... latest median household income at $7K.... anyway, 2.5K-3K 4rm rental is still high as compared to income of $7K....

and.... hmm... looks like my monthly job income is way below average... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    property at a new peak now..
    those who enter now are the kamikaze warriors...

What makes you so sure there is not another peak?
    I am sure your same statement was made in 2010 and 2011. Considering the last correction in 2008/09 we're only 3/4 years into this new cycle.

Don't get me wrong I too thinks it's very high. Waiting on the sideline too for cheap buy but honestly I have a few other friends/colleagues who are also waiting on the sideline. Gosh this sideline is getting really crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    What makes you so sure there is not another peak?
    I am sure your same statement was made in 2010 and 2011. Considering the last correction in 2008/09 we're only 3/4 years into this new cycle.

Don't get me wrong I too thinks it's very high. Waiting on the sideline too for cheap buy but honestly I have a few other friends/colleagues who are also waiting on the sideline. Gosh this sideline is getting really crowded.
    Many cash rich Singaporeans. Say they all can hold on to their job and still comfortably afford to purchase a property during crisis. Then how does the crisis come about? Firesales gotta happen before prices falls drastically.

deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Many cash rich Singaporeans. Say they all can hold on to their job and still comfortably afford to purchase a property during crisis. Then how does the crisis come about? Firesales gotta happen before prices falls drastically.
    Aiyah u dun need all to be retrenched mah in crisis for firesales to occur lah. As in every crisis, just the usual suspects is enough to shake the market: ie banking, shipping, electronics and a stock market collapse due to capital flight.

When there's a price correction, don't count on getting any gems. The property agents and their favoured clients will swoop in before the kill for the really good buys.

The cause is tremendous QE plus multiple CMs. QE causes big distortions while the CM, addresses some of those distortions so it ends up looking uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    When there's a price correction, don't count on getting any gems. The property agents and their favoured clients will swoop in before the kill for the really good buys.
    just pay those double agents commission lor.

this is exactly what I feel when I was looking for landed property these few weeks. the good one are all gone in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    this is exactly what I feel when I was looking for landed property these few weeks. the good one are all gone in no time.
    Landed property? You will have a hard time. Stand at the newsagents the minute the paper is out, look at the ads, phone the agents, bring cheque book.

But landed is not looking like good value at this point in time. You may have to horde your $$$ and wait very very patiently for the next big crash. If you are unlucky, it may not be in this decade as there have already been quite a number of major crises in the past 2 decades and if you missed them, that landed dream is getting further and further away.

Only lousy landed which need at least half mill A&A to make them decent are on the market now.

yea lor...

We can always settle for a good 20% discount. We do not need to have really good deals like 30-40%.

if one is from a status family.. agents will auto call u 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    if one is from a status family.. agents will auto call u 1st..
    Then either you are from such family or else you are their agent.

Thus the rich get richer and the rest are left with the scraps.