Thread: Best of both worlds..landed/pc

Default Best of both worlds..landed/pc

Hows this...my wife showed it to me....somehow woman are suckers for nicely done up units......but must agree it is nice plus feels like landed...convenience of pc...price of PC.......1.1mil perhaps....doubt owner will sell....SO NEXT...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-tropica

very nice..

but 99lh

Nice decor.
    But the condo is already about 8 years old.
    And it is LH99.

I personally think too much space is wasted in the PES. I estimate it's probably 500 sqft or more... plus I don't fancy staying at 1st floor with more than 10 families above u... landed has no other families above u...

Is the covered porch legal?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Nice decor.
    But the condo is already about 8 years old.
    And it is LH99.
    it should be more than that, project t.o.p in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I personally think too much space is wasted in the PES. I estimate it's probably 500 sqft or more... plus I don't fancy staying at 1st floor with more than 10 families above u... landed has no other families above u...
    ya but landed no swimming pool/gym/squash/tennis court...sauna..etc

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Is the covered porch legal?
    should be.....

the squash court reminded me how small my unit going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    should be.....
    Does every PES unit have them or only just that unit. If only that unit, it's probably illegal. looks illegal to me. Better be sure before you put your money down.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Does every PES unit have them or only just that unit. If only that unit, it's probably illegal. looks illegal to me. Better be sure before you put your money down.
    The agent must be prudent enough not to post any illegal stuff online for advertisement! Then again that agent might be ignorant of such laws...

Residents at odds over covered patios
    Some owners say trellises are for safety, but trash on top upsets others
    By Kon Xin Hua

A toilet rug fell onto an umbrella covering the patio of a ground-floor unit without a trellis. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

THE ground-floor residents of Tampines condominium The Tropica said they installed trellises with polycarbonate covers on their patios literally to take cover.

They added that their families' safety was at stake because upper-floor residents threw litter onto their patios.

But because the rubbish then landed on the covers, this mess also made the higher-floor residents upset.

A deadline of last Thursday set by the management committee to remove these covers went unheeded by 21 owners of the ground-floor units in the 10-year-old condo.

Out of the 26 ground-floor units, the owners of 21 had set up the trellises - wooden structures attached to the exterior walls - over the past five years. They cover the entire patio area of about 450 sq ft, and extend out by about 4m.

The ground-floor residents of the 540-unit estate said items like books, toys and even window handles have fallen onto their patios.

But higher-floor residents noted that the covers flout Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) guidelines which stipulate that private enclosed spaces are allowed covers that extend only up to 2m.

The management committee had given approval for the trellises to be built.

But it also told the owners that the covers have to go if there are any complaints, and the dismantling cost has to be borne by the owners.

When upper-floor residents asked the committee to enforce the URA ruling, the deadline of last Thursday was set.

A circular was sent to the ground-floor residents, who were given a month's notice to act.

A ground-floor resident, who wanted to be known as Mr Chan, said he was lucky he kept the cover. Last Thursday, a glass window on the sixth floor shattered and pieces fell down.

Mr Chan, 38, who has lived in the condo for two years with his mother and two daughters aged three and six, said: 'Had it not been for my polycarbonate cover, my mother, who was in the patio gardening, would have been injured.'

He and his ground-floor neighbours want to be granted an exemption from the private enclosed spaces guidelines. 'We paid for the private enclosed space so we own the right to use it without fear. My kids are constantly running around the area as well. Who is going to be responsible if something falls onto them?'

Erecting a covered trellis costs about $10,000 to $15,000.

The ground-floor residents said they have offered to pay for a contractor to clear the rubbish on the covers.

While noting that it would be unhealthy if the rubbish accumulated, higher-floor resident Matthew Chua, 34, felt that the problem was also sometimes beyond the control of the ground-floor residents, and that higher-floor residents should not litter.

The self-employed Mr Chua added that the management committee could perhaps absorb the maintenance cost and residents could also regularly check their windows to ensure safety.

'If not, there'll be no end to this disagreement,' he said.

Chairman of the management committee E.H. Lim, a senior manager in his 50s, said the committee hopes for 'everyone to live harmoniously' and that it is working to 'help find a balanced solution'.

Hows this...my wife showed it to me....somehow woman are suckers for nicely done up units......but must agree it is nice plus feels like landed...convenience of pc...price of PC.......1.1mil perhaps....doubt owner will sell....SO NEXT...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-tropica
    How many women have been asking you to buy property for them?

Seen a few patio units here. My friend who is staying at the ground floor next block also told me about the trellis issue and news some time back. Was told by her that trellis owners have to follow the URA guidelines of 2m according to tropica management. But i think still got some owners yet to change, maybe due to the falling window haha.

Seems like only tropica management make noise, likelyhood complaints from #02 owners. Other condos i see doesn't have such discussion in the 1st place.

Anyways, this unit for sale now is very nicely done up. Seems like within specs also. If not for my wife, i would be a proud owner of a patio.

See URA web.
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc07-01.htm
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...lats-dchbr.pdf

The trellis issue should be:
    <2m = sunshade, >2m requies planning permission as it increase GFA.
    so if any brudders bought a patio with a big trellis, by right your share value could be increase too.

cool i just learnt something about ground floor units and their restrictions...last time i was living in ground flr in my former condo...someone washing their balcony and throw water down...i looked up and shouted singapore most famous 7 letter word...KNNBCCB....

no more washing after that...

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    How many women have been asking you to buy property for them?
    10...cos my wife is like 10 woman rolled into 1....

cool i just learnt something about ground floor units and their restrictions...last time i was living in ground flr in my former condo...someone washing their balcony and throw water down...i looked up and shouted singapore most famous 7 letter word...KNNBCCB....

no more washing after that...
    Thumbs up ....

ya but landed no swimming pool/gym/squash/tennis court...sauna..etc
    Most people who stay in landed use a town club or country club which is paid by the company as company perk.

I guess chaning life style and needs.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    Most people who stay in landed use a town club or country club which is paid by the company as company perk.

I guess chaning life style and needs.
    good leh..

My friend stays there too. Its one of the few condos in Singapore where most of the units are occupied by owners, majority locals. Still not influenced by the rental and investor market. They seem to be very passionate about their home .
    He has been there since TOP. Once I asked him to sell as prices are at peak and he said its the feeling and tranquility. Huge rooms and nice layout facing reservoir. His block has only 2 units in a floor and served by 2 lifts. Very private..