Thread: Do pple check the information they write before they post

Default Do pple check the information they write before they post

i see in some threads pple like to post untruth "fact" from the air when they write to "proof" their point. Do pple actually check before they post? I wonder y pple want to write untrue "facts" to try to justify their point........

Seriously, the truth sometimes is just 1 click away.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    i see in some threads pple like to post untruth "fact" from the air when they write to "proof" their point. Do pple actually check before they post? I wonder y pple want to write untrue "facts" to try to justify their point........

i would defer this to mr B - the epitome of BS and who maintains arcane mastery over the skill of 'copy-and-paste'

i think the most common mistakes is wrong psf for caveats lodged.
    other than that,
    can point out cases?

Few reasons i can think of

1. Make urself feel better about ur purchase/ investment.

2. Make others feel terrible about theirs for something u feel bad about. Even when ur not committed! i.e. someone we know who calls all WT buyers carrothead

A healthy forum is one where people are free to express their views and opinions without trying to convert others. A forum is to exchange views and ideas freely so that we know that we are not alone in this world as we communicate with people with different ideas, thinking and values. The real world is made of people with diverse backgrounds and experience, knowledge and ideas.

What is true and what is fact in this real world? Can we say that The Straits Times always published facts and truths and that whatever we read in the said media is always true? Even statistic is as good as we choose to believe it or interpret it.

I think only the greater beings know the true.

having people tcss in this forum, then fun mah...
    if everyone talk facts, can be pretty darn boring.... lolx

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i think the most common mistakes is wrong psf for caveats lodged.
    other than that,
    can point out cases?
    dont want to bluntly point out lah. I m not into confrontation mode in forum. Enjoy sharing of ideas more.

Well, some news are facts to some but ignorant individuals will not know. Conversely, some news are false to some but ignorant individuals will not know too so they use it thinking that it is absolutely true without the need to check on the net... it is when somebody suspect the reliability of some news or figures that prompts them to check.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well, some news are facts to some but ignorant individuals will not know. Conversely, some news are false to some but ignorant individuals will not know too so they use it thinking that it is absolutely true without the need to check on the net... it is when somebody suspect the reliability of some news or figures that prompts them to check.
    Well said! Lets' take this to the next level.

If you see it with your own eyes, it has to be true and it must be fact. But what you see may be just illusionary or simply make to let you think or feel that is true. Simple example, you see many people queuing to buy apartments. It is true that you see that many people and you think it is a fact. Are they real buyers or paid to queue to project high demand by the seller?

You go a step further and ask a few people in the queue and they all tell you that they are queuing for serious buyers. If you believe them, then you think is true. If you do not believe them, then what you see is untrue. So what is true and what is not true?

4 words. Caveat emptor, due diligence...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Few reasons i can think of

1. Make urself feel better about ur purchase/ investment.

2. Make others feel terrible about theirs for something u feel bad about. Even when ur not committed! i.e. someone we know who calls all WT buyers carrothead
    i will feel quiet sian if i spend 2m tio call CT. Truth or not, will still feel sian.

Right. Some people might not know what they posted is untruth, maybe they "hear say hear say".

Buy on rumors, Sell on news.
    You want hard truth, go to Government statistics.
    ... or do you really believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by FH99
    Buy on rumors, Sell on news.
    You want hard truth, go to Government statistics.
    ... or do you really believe that?
    thats stocks lah..... property buy n sell too often will

1) lim kopi
    2) stamp duty "or bak kah"

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Well said! Lets' take this to the next level.

If you see it with your own eyes, it has to be true and it must be fact. But what you see may be just illusionary or simply make to let you think or feel that is true. Simple example, you see many people queuing to buy apartments. It is true that you see that many people and you think it is a fact. Are they real buyers or paid to queue to project high demand by the seller?

You go a step further and ask a few people in the queue and they all tell you that they are queuing for serious buyers. If you believe them, then you think is true. If you do not believe them, then what you see is untrue. So what is true and what is not true?
    To continue with the above example; assuming that you had asked all the 100 people in the queue and found that only 30% of the 100 people are serious buyers or queuing on behalf of serious buyers. Because of the long queue, another 100 potential buyers who are serious buyers but not ready to buy now decides to join the queue believing that the demand was real. In the end, 130 out of the 200 people in the queue bought an apartment each.

The result is that instead of selling only 30 units on the first day, the developer actually sold 130 units. The developer then went on to say that the demand was actually real and marketing agent did not play foul. So now more people believe that the demand was real and many more people buy into the story and more sales the subsequent days.

Selling 130 units on the first day was a "fact". So is this all real ??? The power of marketing and deception in this real world prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    To continue with the above example; assuming that you had asked all the 100 people in the queue and found that only 30% of the 100 people are serious buyers or queuing on behalf of serious buyers. Because of the long queue, another 100 potential buyers who are serious buyers but not ready to buy now decides to join the queue believing that the demand was real. In the end, 130 out of the 200 people in the queue bought an apartment each.

The result is that instead of selling only 30 units on the first day, the developer actually sold 130 units. The developer then went on to say that the demand was actually real and marketing agent did not play foul. So now more people believe that the demand was real and many more people buy into the story and more sales the subsequent days.

Selling 130 units on the first day was a "fact". So is this all real ??? The power of marketing and deception in this real world prevails.
    Yes yes... marketing gimmick works well here... twisting facts and data to project false images and impressions to stir emotions...

Yes yes... marketing gimmick works well here... twisting facts and data to project false images and impressions to stir emotions...
    Indeed, the so call facts and truths can be found all over the internet and other media. However, are these facts and truths real or make to believe to be real?