Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor sales for new units in Prime area

User Info Menu

Default Poor sales for new units in Prime area

According to the recent data stated by the straits times
    "There were 192 non-landed resale caveats lodged in the first quarter, yet developers managed to sell only 30 new units, said Dr Chua Yang Liang, JLL's head of research for South-east Asia." Quote from ST.

Source

Your opinion?

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

There are still value buys in CCR? Or famous carrotheads have migrated from OCR to CCR after reading reports on narrowing price gap?

Its all about the Experience..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    There are still value buys in CCR? Or famous carrotheads have migrated from OCR to CCR after reading reports on narrowing price gap?
    CCR has more value in buys for sure because of the closer gaps.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    these are totally 2 different segments.

those OCR carrotheads do not have the capacity to play in CCR. in fact that's why they become the carrothedas for OCR, because they die die must invest in a pty. And since they cannot afford anything bigger quantum, FEO makes your dream come true, by giving you a 500sqft SOHO in the middle of nowhere for you "as investment".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amk

those OCR carrotheads do not have the capacity to play in CCR. in fact that's why they become the carrothedas for OCR, because they die die must invest in a pty. And since they cannot afford anything bigger quantum, FEO makes your dream come true, by giving you a 500sqft SOHO in the middle of nowhere for you "as investment".
    Agree. I almost feel sorry for these people. Think they are buying into a dream when they are actually being sold a nightmare.

Still, how you going to get rich if there weren't any people like this in the world.

tweet @condoexchange

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amk

+1 like ....

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    Agree. I almost feel sorry for these people. Think they are buying into a dream when they are actually being sold a nightmare.

Still, how you going to get rich if there weren't any people like this in the world.
    Orchard Road retail rental is narrowing against the OCR. People want everything near to them instead of travelling far away to buy something or have a good meal. MRT/LRT is the magic word. Mixed development is also another one.

This is the paradigm shift.

To me, the gap is narrowing. CCR if drop further will be supported by investors with cash and some of them are hiding here

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Orchard Road retail rental is narrowing against the OCR. People want everything near to them instead of travelling far away to buy something or have a good meal. MRT/LRT is the magic word. Mixed development is also another one.

This is the paradigm shift.

To me, the gap is narrowing. CCR if drop further will be supported by investors with cash and some of them are hiding here
    why are there so few big units in any new launch OCR projects?
    as you put it, there maybe "paradigm" shift in psf, is there a "paradigm" shift in OCR sizes becoming ever smaller too?

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    click "like"

10 or more losers make up for 1 winner..

Senior

User Info Menu

It happens to Hong Kong too. Developers know that OCR buyer cannot afford large quantum so they have to build smaller 2-3 bedder to meet their demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    as you put it, there maybe "paradigm" shift in psf, is there a "paradigm" shift in OCR sizes becoming ever smaller too?

User Info Menu

Default Consider seaview at developer's launch

SEA ESTA...

check out the seaview on this site:

http://seaestas.com/

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    developers are maximizing profit by building smaller units at afforable price.

paradigm shift not in psf or sizes. Its pple no longer see d9,10,11 as an upgrading choice. Now they have a good option to stay within the same estate but in a PC.

market is always right.

About OCR psf, I do think there is resistant as it is all time high. every segment has its turn, maybe this time round could shift back to ccr. But before that, resale should pick up first.

Junior

User Info Menu

CCR/RCR has a larger proportion of small units lah. OCR is only catching up in the building of studios and small 2 bedders.

OCR investors or people who prefer to invest in developing areas or countries could be savvy investors who pick the right stocks and take the right risk. Remember, picking the right investments in about looking into the future and not to be too "narrow minded" on what districts or must be "developed" country or area. If you have been in this forum long enough, some of us in the forum has been predicting convergence and narrowing of gap since eons ago. I don't see how people who clearly has made the more savvy investment and made greater % returns be considered carrotheads? BY the way, i know of some CCR properties where the developers already started cutting prices. So those who bought are not carrotheads?

Of course at some point, the convergence will stop. But it stil doesn't change the fact that some has made more money than others. The market is rather bubbly now, but there are still value deals around - and not all are in CCR. Open your mind lah.

And I hate to say this, if u think "affordability" is a limiting factor. Then put on a savvy investor's hat. Then invest in areas where affordability and rental yields are still healthy. When rental yields are healthy and can cover your mortgage, then affordabilitry is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It happens to Hong Kong too. Developers know that OCR buyer cannot afford large quantum so they have to build smaller 2-3 bedder to meet their demand.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 04-06-12 at 11:22.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    CCR/RCR has a larger proportion of small units lah. OCR is only catching up in the building of studios and small 2 bedders.

OCR investors or people who prefer to invest in developing areas or countries could be savvy investors who pick the right stocks and take the right risk. Remember, picking the right investments in about looking into the future and not to be too "narrow minded" on what districts or must be "developed" country or area. If you have been in this forum long enough, some of us in the forum has been predicting convergence and narrowing of gap since eons ago. I don't see how people who clearly has made the more savvy investment and made greater % returns be considered carrotheads? BY the way, i know of some CCR properties where the developers already started cutting prices. So those who bought are not carrotheads?

Of course at some point, the convergence will stop. But it stil doesn't change the fact that some has made more money than others. The market is rather bubbly now, but there are still value deals around - and not all are in CCR. Open your mind lah.

And I hate to say this, if u think "affordability" is a limiting factor. Then put on a savvy investor's hat. Then invest in areas where affordability and rental yields are still healthy. When rental yields are healthy and can cover your mortgage, then affordabilitry is not a problem.

hey, can u list the condo in CCR that the developers have cut price?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Writ
    hey, can u list the condo in CCR that the developers have cut price?
    d'leedon is 1 of them

User Info Menu

Cool What CCR means??

What does CCR means

ipropertyguru

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vanan75
    What does CCR means
    core central region

User Info Menu

Paradigm shift? IMHO I would say market condition has changed. Rental yield used to be good in CCR. That was because most affluent ppl work closer to these areas. Transportation, and accessibility was not as good back then. Now you can see different business parks/hubs in OCR, and there are more MRT lines. Hence, the concentration of these ppl are no longer in CCR and rather more dispersed. Therefore, I feel that there are also opportunity in OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by wclee21 View Post
    Paradigm shift? IMHO I would say market condition has changed. Rental yield used to be good in CCR. That was because most affluent ppl work closer to these areas. Transportation, and accessibility was not as good back then. Now you can see different business parks/hubs in OCR, and there are more MRT lines. Hence, the concentration of these ppl are no longer in CCR and rather more dispersed. Therefore, I feel that there are also opportunity in OCR.
    Agree. I see more and more expats moving to the heartlands in the last few years. They are no longer willing or able to pay the higher prices in the CCR and happily accept a slightly longer commute for larger units and lower prices.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doubleben View Post
    Agree. I see more and more expats moving to the heartlands in the last few years. They are no longer willing or able to pay the higher prices in the CCR and happily accept a slightly longer commute for larger units and lower prices.

International school moving to ocr expat will follow. Children education and family convenience is paramount
    "[I]Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience[/I]."